bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: General Trade Thread 

Post#1481 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Space Dracula wrote:
Loud_city wrote:
Space Dracula wrote:Assuming they remain at or near their current salaries I always thought an interesting trade idea is Marc Gasol + Mike Conley for Russell Westbrook.

No.

Most Thunder fans dismiss it simply but Gasol / Conley are two of the best defensive players at their position and Gasol is one of the better offensive centers. Won't happen, and the locker room dynamics probably make it a non starter. But for value and purely from a basketball standpoint it makes a lot of sense for both teams.

The salary part would be an issue though, and quite a big one. Even if you figure Russ gets extended, Gasol would be up for one next offseason, and he's not taking much of a paycut if any from 15 mil. Conley makes another 9. I feel like they would go to the tax sometime, but that's way in, and would leave no flexibility, plus make the team older as well. It also hurts offensively.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Space Dracula
Junior
And1: 160

Post#1482 » by Space Dracula » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Westbrook is going to get > $20mm a year on his next contract. Not sure it would hurt us much on offense. I know I'm barking up the wrong tree on this so I'm not going to go into a stats-trance to back it up. Just think the idea would be interesting, especially if the Thunder decide Westbrook isn't worth $20mm+ when the time comes (possible). Of course, in three years this trade won't be possible.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#1483 » by HeartSouloma » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Space Dracula wrote:Assuming they remain at or near their current salaries I always thought an interesting trade idea is Marc Gasol + Mike Conley for Russell Westbrook.

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1484 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Space Dracula wrote:Westbrook is going to get > $20mm a year on his next contract. Not sure it would hurt us much on offense. I know I'm barking up the wrong tree on this so I'm not going to go into a stats-trance to back it up. Just think the idea would be interesting, especially if the Thunder decide Westbrook isn't worth $20mm+ when the time comes (possible). Of course, in three years this trade won't be possible.

Any trade involving Russ is a non starter. If the team were to perform worse KD would be gone the second he hits free agency.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Space Dracula
Junior

Post#1485 » by Space Dracula » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:56 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Space Dracula wrote:Westbrook is going to get > $20mm a year on his next contract. Not sure it would hurt us much on offense. I know I'm barking up the wrong tree on this so I'm not going to go into a stats-trance to back it up. Just think the idea would be interesting, especially if the Thunder decide Westbrook isn't worth $20mm+ when the time comes (possible). Of course, in three years this trade won't be possible.

Any trade involving Russ is a non starter. If the team were to perform worse KD would be gone the second he hits free agency.

I think it's fun to think about Russ' performance in OT during this season's playoffs rekindled some of these ideas for me. In reality it wouldn't ever happen for dynamics reasons.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1486 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Space Dracula wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

I think it's fun to think about Russ' performance in OT during this season's playoffs rekindled some of these ideas for me. In reality it wouldn't ever happen for dynamics reasons.

With Russ it's always bad Russ that sticks out in people's minds. Think about the guy who did a mini Lebron impression for three rounds and was better than KD.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#1487 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:05 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Any trade involving Russ is a non starter. If the team were to perform worse KD would be gone the second he hits free agency.

The only trade involving Russ I ever heard anyone suggest that was realistic, from an OKC standpoint, was LeBron in a S&T for Russ. I think that could have worked. However, the Russ for Love garbage and other stuff that has been thrown around was never plausible.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1488 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 pm

spearsy23 wrote:

So much this.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1489 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Space Dracula wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

If you're remembering the playoffs, they should trade Durant first :lol: .
Space Dracula
Junior

Post#1490 » by Space Dracula » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Any trade involving Russ is a non starter. If the team were to perform worse KD would be gone the second he hits free agency.

The only trade involving Russ I ever heard anyone suggest that was realistic, from an OKC standpoint, was LeBron in a S&T for Russ. I think that could have worked. However, the Russ for Love garbage and other stuff that has been thrown around was never plausible.

I think you're overrating Westbrook. Which is fine. But still.

bondom34 wrote:If you're remembering the playoffs, they should trade Durant first :lol: .

I'm not just remembering the playoffs. Westbrook had his best playoffs ever, easily. It's about time. But his style in close game marginalizes the offense. Whether this is a Brooks thing or Westbrook thing -- nobody knows. His usage skyrockets to 40%+ in overtimes, and he was ridiculously bad.

Durant's playoffs were rough but taking into account his 1st and 3rd round opponents, somewhat expected.

I think Thunder fans overrate Westbrook a little bit. Conley and Gasol are two fantastic players who, combined -- by any metric, would produce more than Westbrook does. The guy above saying that LeBron S&T is the only plausible deal for Westbrook? As a fan I can understand. Objectively, it's a little silly.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1491 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 am

Space Dracula wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I think you're overrating Westbrook. Which is fine. But still.

bondom34 wrote:If you're remembering the playoffs, they should trade Durant first :lol: .

I'm not just remembering the playoffs. Westbrook had his best playoffs ever, easily. It's about time. But his style in close game marginalizes the offense. Whether this is a Brooks thing or Westbrook thing -- nobody knows. His usage skyrockets to 40%+ in overtimes, and he was ridiculously bad.

Durant's playoffs were rough but taking into account his 1st and 3rd round opponents, somewhat expected.

I think Thunder fans overrate Westbrook a little bit. Conley and Gasol are two fantastic players who, combined -- by any metric, would produce more than Westbrook does. The guy above saying that LeBron S&T is the only plausible deal for Westbrook? As a fan I can understand. Objectively, it's a little silly.

Just for reference though, his USG in the playoffs, 4th qtr was 40 percent, O RTG of 115 D RTG of 103. Durant was 30 percent, 109 and 100. So his usage was higher, but he was better as well.
BIG EDDIE
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#1492 » by BIG EDDIE » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 pm

I was playing with the following thought and im curious what you think of this trade idea.
I know trading Russell is a big risk and might be even stupid, but I think OKC would benefit from this.

Russell and Perk to Minnesota
Love, Barrea and Shved to OKC

Salarie wise is works.
OKC would get rid of Perk and get something in return.
Minnesota gets his franchise player to build around in Russell.
OKC gets Love, who could play alongside Ibaka very well at PF-C.
OKC gets 2 PG's to which leaves OKC with 3 PG's to play with with Reggie, which is important in case of inruries.
Reggie gets the starting job he is longing for and we can keep him long term.

Here is the lineup for OKC:

PF - Ibaka / Collison
SF - KD / Roberson / PJ3
C - Love / Adams
SG - Morrow / Lamb
PG - Reggie / Barrea / Shved
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1493 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm

BIG EDDIE wrote:I was playing with the following thought and im curious what you think of this trade idea.
I know trading Russell is a big risk and might be even stupid, but I think OKC would benefit from this.

Salarie wise is works.
OKC gets 2 PG's to which leaves OKC with 3 PG's to play with with Reggie, which is important in case of inruries.

PF - Ibaka / Collison
SF - KD / Roberson / PJ3
C - Love / Adams
SG - Morrow / Lamb

1. Barea and Shved are both really really bad backups (like Minnesota fans would give them away faster than OKC would give up Perk).

2. I don't trust Love at center, and there is literally no need for him. The only point in getting him would be to add an offensive weapon, but if they lose Russ, they end up in the same boat.

3. Reggie's OK, but he's not a starting PG on a contender. He's not as good a defender as Westbrook (who's about an average defender), and Love is sub-par, so really the defense goes way downhill. If they make moves based on him wanting to start, they're better shipping him out.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#1494 » by HeartSouloma » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:07 pm

BIG EDDIE wrote:I was playing with the following thought and im curious what you think of this trade idea.

Salarie wise is works.

PF - Ibaka / Collison
SF - KD / Roberson / PJ3
C - Love / Adams
SG - Morrow / Lamb

:nonono:
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1495 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Salarie wise is works.

PF - Ibaka / Collison
SF - KD / Roberson / PJ3
C - Love / Adams
SG - Morrow / Lamb

Make it Love, Pekovic and Rubio and maybe we can at least read it without chuckling.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#1496 » by kbrow20 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:32 am

What is Thabeet's status?
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1497 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 am

kbrow20 wrote:What is Thabeet's status?

Non guaranteed, on the roster though.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#1498 » by kbrow20 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:50 am

bondom34 wrote:

So since he is not a guaranteed contract, you wouldn't trade him?
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1499 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 am

kbrow20 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

So since he is not a guaranteed contract, you wouldn't trade him?

Maybe, for what?
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#1500 » by kbrow20 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:53 am

What pieces would seem fair for you guys? What position do you need the most?
Really LOL

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder