General Trade Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Re: General Trade Thread 

Post#1901 » by bondom34 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 am

GimmeDat wrote:In response to your question in our trade thread, bondom, we probably wouldn't have traded Dunleavy for Roberson, partly because we needed the offense/spacing in our lineup that Roberson doesn't provide and I would say Dunleavy is just generally the superior player as well, he fills a role very well.

Also, is Jeremy Lamb available from you guys? I've been interested in him for a while now and I think we could work something out considering he's basically buried down your depth chart.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated even though I disagree :D. As for Lamb, I'd say he's available likely, depends on what was offered. Any combo of PJ, Lamb, Waiters, Novak, and 14 are available for something useful.

Also, if Roberson was on your team, would he get minutes? That was where the post originated from.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1902 » by kingkirk » Sun May 31, 2015 12:04 pm

bondom34 wrote:Thanks for the reply, appreciated even though I disagree :D. As for Lamb, I'd say he's available likely, depends on what was offered. Any combo of PJ, Lamb, Waiters, Novak, and 14 are available for something useful.

Also, if Roberson was on your team, would he get minutes? That was where the post originated from.

Bulls wouldn't make this deal, man.

Dunleavy is our most reliable 3 point shooter and the only floor spacer we have in the starting unit. I like Roberson, but his fit in Chicago is questionable given we have Butler at SG.

We're looking for 3 & D players if possible next to Butler & Rose. I want Snell to develop into that guy. Roberson is definitely a legit rotational player in this league, but he doesn't fit next to Rose & Butler.

Without Dunleavy, our spacing takes a huge hit, which was an aspect of our offense which already sucked ass, anyway.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#1903 » by kodo » Mon Jun 1, 2015 6:59 pm

I think Roberson would have gotten some PT on the Bulls but not starter minutes.

We played Hinrich 24 mpg for defensive purposes. Hinrich's offense is close to non-existent and Roberson would have been 5x the defender and isn't a worse passer. Roberson would also have helped our rebounding, which is the worst part of the Bulls defense.

The reality is the Bulls didn't have a good perimeter defender beyond Butler, and Thibs would have prioritized defense and could have easily overlooked Roberson's offense.
Marcus50
Junior
And1: 85

Post#1904 » by Marcus50 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 12:24 am

Would the bulls trade Pau for Adams + 14th pick
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1905 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 12:36 am

Marcus50 wrote:Would the bulls trade Pau for Adams + 14th pick

They might, but we sure as heck wouldn't.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1906 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 1:19 am

spearsy23 wrote:

They might, but we sure as heck wouldn't.

They flat would, their board wants Adams and 14 for Noah ( :lol: ). But there's no way the Thunder do either.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1907 » by Balkman32 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 2:26 am

Sorry to bring this up as I know it must hurt everyone as much as my self. But, we traded harden not because he wanted 4 years 60 million but, because Presti wanted to build a dynasty. Not a team that could not guard a big man.

The Thunder added Adams and McGary through that trade. Plus it gave them the cap room to add Kanter for a 2018 last pick in the first round.

Now Durant and Westbrook are surrounded by 22 and 23 year olds. This team has a serious chance to be all time greats.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1908 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 9:03 am

Balkman32 wrote:Sorry to bring this up as I know it must hurt everyone as much as my self. But, we traded harden not because he wanted 4 years 60 million but, because Presti wanted to build a dynasty. Not a team that could not guard a big man.

The Thunder added Adams and McGary through that trade. Plus it gave them the cap room to add Kanter for a 2018 last pick in the first round.

Now Durant and Westbrook are surrounded by 22 and 23 year olds. This team has a serious chance to be all time greats.

Well there are still plenty of steps to take before worrying about that. There's more questions surrounding this team than there has been for the past few years. Can we stop anybody? Will BD be at least capable as an NBA coach? If we don't win a championship this year is KD back next? Will KD be KD after missing so much time?

You can't build a dynasty without winning one ring, and ultimately that could be Presti's downfall if this was his line of thinking.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#1909 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jun 3, 2015 10:17 am

Presti made the trade because he was not willing to give Harden a max extension. He got what he felt was the best package he could get for him. The team the year he was traded was better than the team with Harden. That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been better with Harden, but if Russ doesn't get injured that team was set to steam roll through everyone. Then you had Ibaka go down for the WCF the next year. This year KD, Russ and Ibaka all had injuries that cost them weeks and months.

No one expected the cap to increase as fast as it has. If Presti had known how much the cap would increase maybe he doesn't make the trade and just gives Harden his max deal. There are too many variables to say that trade cost OKC a championship or led to something great that will start this year. We all expected a championship the year Harden was traded. Lamb was supposed to develop into a better player than he has been. Yes, Adams and McGary look promising, but they are not going to get confused with Anthony Davis or the Gasol brothers. OKC doesn't need them to be that, but the point remains that Harden was by far the best player in the deal and the sum of the parts, with the exception of the first year when K-Mart was a stud for OKC, hasn't done a good job of replacing the production Harden provided.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#1910 » by HeartSouloma » Thu Jun 4, 2015 12:27 am

:lol:
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1911 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 4:56 pm

I saw recently that the Hornets are willing to move the #9 pick if they can attach Lance to the deal. If the Thunder traded Novak, Lamb, and Jones for Lance, they could clear up some roster spots, and move up to #9. Plus this gives the Hornets shooters in Lamb and Novak. Stephenson is an expiring deal with his $9 million in 2016 being a club option. He is still young and just had an awful season last year.

$3,034,356 - Lamb
$3,750,000 - Novak
$2,038,206 - Jones

$8,822,562 - 3 guys total
$10,587,074 - total salary they can take back
sg1
Ballboy
And1: 4

General Trade Thread 

Post#1912 » by sg1 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 6:01 pm

I would be willing to trade 14 to Portland for 23 and their unprotected 1st round pick next year. If they balk at no protection I would only agree to top 3, maybe top 5 protection.

That could be a good pick next year if (when) Akdridge leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1913 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 10:42 pm

Balkman32 wrote:I saw recently that the Hornets are willing to move the #9 pick if they can attach Lance to the deal. If the Thunder traded Novak, Lamb, and Jones for Lance, they could clear up some roster spots, and move up to #9. Plus this gives the Hornets shooters in Lamb and Novak. Stephenson is an expiring deal with his $9 million in 2016 being a club option. He is still young and just had an awful season last year.

$3,034,356 - Lamb
$3,750,000 - Novak
$2,038,206 - Jones

$8,822,562 - 3 guys total
$10,587,074 - total salary they can take back

Unless Dion is leaving I see no reason to bring in a crazier version of him.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#1914 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jun 4, 2015 11:02 pm

Waiters, Novak and Jones for Stephenson and #9 would work. Then send #9, #14 and Stephenson to Portland for Batum and #23.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#1915 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Jun 5, 2015 4:27 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Waiters, Novak and Jones for Stephenson and #9 would work. Then send #9, #14 and Stephenson to Portland for Batum and #23.

Oh wow.

I absolutely love Batum. I feel he is a top 5 of most underrated players in the game.
That being said, his advantages and his effectiveness is at the SF position. Not the 2 guard.

Also, despite Batum being a great player, i think that's overpayment. With the way Presti drafts and our staff develops, we'd be far better off with the two lottery picks and Lance. Especially given that this draft is similar to the... ehh.... 2011? i think it was. Where there will be 20, maybe more, role players.

In all reality we could make that Lance trade with just Waiters most likely. The two players high points off set one another to create a balance. And i actually think Waiters would be offensively better with the Horncats than Lance is.
Then for some reason if we did want to go after Batum, just to have as a legit back up 3, i dont think we'd need to include Lance.

Which if that is the case, i'd actually dig that trade.

Trade 1:
Waiters + Lamb + Novak for #9 + Lance

Trade 2: #9 + #14 + PJ for Batum

Westbrook - DJ - Morrow
Roberson - Lance - Morrow
KD - Batum - Lance
Iblocka - McGary - Collison
Adams - Kanter - Collison

That's a serious rotation with a mix of handling, shooting, low post, defense, etc.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1916 » by bondom34 » Fri Jun 5, 2015 6:07 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:Waiters, Novak and Jones for Stephenson and #9 would work. Then send #9, #14 and Stephenson to Portland for Batum and #23.

Oh wow.

I absolutely love Batum. I feel he is a top 5 of most underrated players in the game.
That being said, his advantages and his effectiveness is at the SF position. Not the 2 guard.

Also, despite Batum being a great player, i think that's overpayment. With the way Presti drafts and our staff develops, we'd be far better off with the two lottery picks and Lance. Especially given that this draft is similar to the... ehh.... 2011? i think it was. Where there will be 20, maybe more, role players.

In all reality we could make that Lance trade with just Waiters most likely. The two players high points off set one another to create a balance. And i actually think Waiters would be offensively better with the Horncats than Lance is.
Then for some reason if we did want to go after Batum, just to have as a legit back up 3, i dont think we'd need to include Lance.

Which if that is the case, i'd actually dig that trade.

Trade 1:
Waiters + Lamb + Novak for #9 + Lance

Trade 2: #9 + #14 + PJ for Batum

Westbrook - DJ - Morrow
Roberson - Lance - Morrow
KD - Batum - Lance
Iblocka - McGary - Collison
Adams - Kanter - Collison

That's a serious rotation with a mix of handling, shooting, low post, defense, etc.

Actually, versions have been kicked around on the trade board, and PDX fans are good w/ a simple Novak/Waiters/PJ/14 for Batum mostly.

Plus the second trade wouldn't work b/c salary doesn't match.
Zagor
Junior
And1: 101

Post#1917 » by Zagor » Fri Jun 5, 2015 8:25 am

This is excellent.
They need him off the book,and if Portland lose Aldridge(everything point to that), they can afford themselves to tolerate him one year and go to mini rebuilding(draft 2015. and 2016.).
But I'm afraid that Portland can get Knicks 4th pick for Batum where they can take Winslow or Hezonja.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#1918 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Jun 5, 2015 8:52 am

Why would the Knicks give up the 4th pick for one year of Batum? Batum would most likely leave after one terrible year in New York and they would have nothing to show for that pick. The problem with saying it could happen IF Aldridge leaves is that the draft is before FA. So Portland has to make their decision(s) before they know what Aldridge will do. Although I would expect them to have a decent idea about what he is going to do without needing to actually go through the FA process.

I believe OKC would have a shot at re-signing Batum as they are a championship caliber team and adding a guy like Batum could be that last push needed. The Knicks would still be terrible even with Calderon, 'Melo and Batum as a core and I'm pretty sure Batum's salary would prevent the Knicks from being able to offer a max contract. So assuming the Knicks feel they can lure someone like Aldridge, Leonard, Gasol, etc is Batum worth the #4 pick AND your ability to sign that player?
Zagor
Junior
And1: 101

Post#1919 » by Zagor » Fri Jun 5, 2015 9:52 am

Knick will go for Monroe or Marc Gasol.
But you are right,it is better for them to draft Mudiay or Winslow,sign max free agent and use the rest of cap on the role players.
I think they can afford to have Batum and to sign max FA. But then they wouldn't have space for role players,which is their emergency.

I am rooting for Batum,if is possible....Thunder would be without soft spots.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,829

Post#1920 » by QPR » Fri Jun 5, 2015 11:34 am

I think if the Hornets were willing to give up #9 and Stephenson and not get a lower first rounder back, then someone would trump Novak/Jones/Waiters pretty easily.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder