Tibor Pleiss coming to OKC!

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Tibor Pleiss coming to OKC! 

Post#21 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:30 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#22 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:56 pm

This is interesting. It would require some roster shuffling. 1) sign Gasol 2) amnesty Perkins 3) opt out on Thabeet. Sound right? Ibaka/Adams start, ideally in my world, Gasol as the first big off the bench with Collison, McGary and Pleiss filling out the big man depth chart. After Collison retires, which I expect after this season, Ibaka and Gasol are your veteran big men with Adams entering his 3rd year while McGary and Pleiss contribute from the bench.

It could also be setting up a S&T. Perkins and Pleiss to the Lakers for Gasol. That would give the Lakers Pleiss and Randle down low providing cheap production as they try to reload through FA next off-season. The worst case is the Thunder missed on Gasol and Pleiss is coming over to be the 3rd center replacing Thabeet. I'm just not sure they would do that after drafting McGary as a rookie big man when they have to pay the buyout on Pleiss that will result in a cap hit.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Space Dracula
Junior
And1: 160

Post#23 » by Space Dracula » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Pleiss' team is broke and they want the buyout money. OKC isn't going to bend over for them. Pleiss will be here in 2015-16.
Envelopes
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#24 » by Envelopes » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:32 am

He will also take cap room, I don't think he would come for 2.1 mil or whatever is left.
OlDirtMcBert
Senior
And1: 157

Post#25 » by OlDirtMcBert » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Bluff
jackson77
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#26 » by jackson77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:38 pm

I heard some rumors that he is coming to OKC ?!
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#27 » by wizkid27 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 pm

jackson77 wrote:I heard some rumors that he is coming to OKC ?!

There have been contradicting rumors for the last couple of months. Still nothing from him or the thunder...
Kev_Warrior
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#28 » by Kev_Warrior » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 pm

Tibor Pleiss is close to signing with FC Barcelona.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140731/ ... 40886.html
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Kev_Warrior wrote:Tibor Pleiss is close to signing with FC Barcelona.

Thanks for the update!

I've learned from this not to worry too much about Pleiss. Don't know when he's planning on coming over, if ever, but seems it could be a while.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#30 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:48 am

bondom34 wrote:

Thanks for the update!

I've learned from this not to worry too much about Pleiss. Don't know when he's planning on coming over, if ever, but seems it could be a while.

I actually hope not.
The dude is a good player, but when i watch his highlight video's he just looks like Steven Adams with an added couple years experience.
Which just makes me want to see Adams get more minutes. We have enough big man depth without him and with Steven Adams on the rise, its better we do not sign him.
Which btw, ill say it again, i think Steven Adams could become the 4th or 5th best center in the NBA within the next couple of years. He is a very smart player with a high quality set of skills, dude did not look like a rookie at all last year.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:55 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Thanks for the update!

I actually hope not.
The dude is a good player, but when i watch his highlight video's he just looks like Steven Adams with an added couple years experience.
Which just makes me want to see Adams get more minutes. We have enough big man depth without him and with Steven Adams on the rise, its better we do not sign him.
Which btw, ill say it again, i think Steven Adams could become the 4th or 5th best center in the NBA within the next couple of years. He is a very smart player with a high quality set of skills, dude did not look like a rookie at all last year.

Don't know about 4th or 5th, but kid's only 20 so the sky's the limit. I feel the same on Pleiss though, I'm not overly worried about him. I feel like Ibaka/Adams/McGary are solid, and PJ can play some 4 as well.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:07 am

bondom34 wrote:Don't know about 4th or 5th, but kid's only 20 so the sky's the limit. I feel the same on Pleiss though, I'm not overly worried about him. I feel like Ibaka/Adams/McGary are solid, and PJ can play some 4 as well.

Well, i dont mean statistically i just mean overall. Im not the kind of person who says "Okay, best player in the NBA has 20 points, second best 19, third 18, etc". Like.. .right now IMO (and has been for a while now) Marc Gasol and Noah are 1 and 2 as best centers in the NBA, despite DHoward always being blown by people who dont know how to do anything but repeat stats. Roy Hibbert should be third on that list but i dont know wtf happened with him last season.

Re-watch Adam's highlight video's from last season. Watch his foot work, the shots he decides to take, his vision, etc. Then remember he is a rookie, not only getting limited minutes, but getting limited touches and still evolving. Everything i saw from him last year, leaves no doubt in my mind that he could easily be a 10-12pt 12reb 3blk 30mpg guy, in the Jackson, Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka line up.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:12 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Don't know about 4th or 5th, but kid's only 20 so the sky's the limit. I feel the same on Pleiss though, I'm not overly worried about him. I feel like Ibaka/Adams/McGary are solid, and PJ can play some 4 as well.

Well, i dont mean statistically i just mean overall. Im not the kind of person who says "Okay, best player in the NBA has 20 points, second best 19, third 18, etc". Like.. .right now IMO (and has been for a while now) Marc Gasol and Noah are 1 and 2 as best centers in the NBA, despite DHoward always being blown by people who dont know how to do anything but repeat stats. Roy Hibbert should be third on that list but i dont know wtf happened with him last season.

Re-watch Adam's highlight video's from last season. Watch his foot work, the shots he decides to take, his vision, etc. Then remember he is a rookie, not only getting limited minutes, but getting limited touches and still evolving. Everything i saw from him last year, leaves no doubt in my mind that he could easily be a 10-12pt 12reb 3blk 30mpg guy, in the Jackson, Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka line up.

OK, I can definitely see that. I'd say Gasol/Dwight/Noah are 1-3 in some order, then guys like Hibbert and Sanders if he gets his head straight again. Adams can definitely be at that level, which is exactly what this team needs. I'm really excited to see him this year with some experience under his belt. Looked dominant in SL, which is expected and encouraging as well.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:17 am

bondom34 wrote:
Bravenewworld wrote:

OK, I can definitely see that. I'd say Gasol/Dwight/Noah are 1-3 in some order, then guys like Hibbert and Sanders if he gets his head straight again. Adams can definitely be at that level, which is exactly what this team needs. I'm really excited to see him this year with some experience under his belt. Looked dominant in SL, which is expected and encouraging as well.

Want to get really excited?

Re-watch this video and pay attention to the things he does, that 99% of rookies dont do or dont have until their second + year. They dont have the foot work, the handling, overall fundamentals, the vision, the highly intelligent shot selection, his IQ on put-backs, etc. Its very impressive what he does here and even with simple added experience, it seems like he could hit those mentioned statistical markers.
Think about all these things while you are watching it and.. yah... the dudes bad.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-nQM7CoqK0[/youtube]

EDIT - sorry, IMO, i would actually put Pek above DHoward right now.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:31 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Bravenewworld wrote:

Want to get really excited?

Re-watch this video and pay attention to the things he does, that 99% of rookies dont do or dont have until their second + year. They dont have the foot work, the handling, overall fundamentals, the vision, the highly intelligent shot selection, his IQ on put-backs, etc. Its very impressive what he does here and even with simple added experience, it seems like he could hit those mentioned statistical markers.
Think about all these things while you are watching it and.. yah... the dudes bad.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-nQM7CoqK0[/youtube]

EDIT - sorry, IMO, i would actually put Pek above DHoward right now.

I can't get excited yet....3 months is too long!!!!!!!! But the Clips/OKC game 5 is on TV now too.......argh, be October already!

Really, Pek surprises me, the defense bothers me, but just a thing I have w/ him being alongside Love probably.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:34 am

This video is great!
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:35 am

bondom34 wrote:I can't get excited yet....3 months is too long!!!!!!!! But the Clips/OKC game 5 is on TV now too.......argh, be October already!

Really, Pek surprises me, the defense bothers me, but just a thing I have w/ him being alongside Love probably.

Pek reminds me of an 80s center. Which in today's game can be a major advantage as long as he is played right, and the Wolves seem to do this. Defensively he is sound, his D does not really bother me, i mean, its not like we are looking at Z-Bo in his NY days or anything. And just having his big body in the lane is defense.
He's definitely not the leader and has room to grow, but ive been very impressed with him. I think he will really shine when the Wolves eventually trade Love to the Cavs and dont have that big man option other than him.

One center i question is DJ. He is clearly talented, but i really want to see what he can do without CP3 feeding him as he seems to live off of that a bit too much for my liking. Which works on the Clippers, but what happens on another team?
Gortat impresses me as well, i wanted us to get him off the Magic when t hey would have let him go for a bag of chips.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:39 am

bondom34 wrote:This video is great!

Im telling you man, watch his feet. Watch his hands and how he protects the ball and makes sound decisions.
Thats not a rookie bro.
Rookies dont consistently do that kind of thing.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:39 am

Bravenewworld wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I can't get excited yet....3 months is too long!!!!!!!! But the Clips/OKC game 5 is on TV now too.......argh, be October already!

Pek reminds me of an 80s center. Which in today's game can be a major advantage as long as he is played right, and the Wolves seem to do this. Defensively he is sound, his D does not really bother me, i mean, its not like we are looking at Z-Bo in his NY days or anything. And just having his big body in the lane is defense.
He's definitely not the leader and has room to grow, but ive been very impressed with him. I think he will really shine when the Wolves eventually trade Love to the Cavs and dont have that big man option other than him.

One center i question is DJ. He is clearly talented, but i really want to see what he can do without CP3 feeding him as he seems to live off of that a bit too much for my liking. Which works on the Clippers, but what happens on another team?
Gortat impresses me as well, i wanted us to get him off the Magic when t hey would have let him go for a bag of chips.

The thing is, they (at least the fans) seem higher on Dieng. Pek's injury problems just worry me for a guy who's just signed a long term deal. He would be perfect w/ Ibaka though, but I'm at the point I'd rather just have Adams, he's untradeable for me barring some godfather offer in return.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:44 am

bondom34 wrote:
Bravenewworld wrote:

The thing is, they (at least the fans) seem higher on Dieng. Pek's injury problems just worry me for a guy who's just signed a long term deal. He would be perfect w/ Ibaka though, but I'm at the point I'd rather just have Adams, he's untradeable for me barring some godfather offer in return.

Yah, i can see that.
And thats one of the problem with 80s build centers. Small injuries can be devastating and any injury is amplified because of their size, small or large.

So you know why Steven Adams looks that good as a rookie right?
Because he stole all of Lamb's experience lmao.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder