Possible trades for Perk at the deadline

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Re: Possible trades for Perk at the deadline 

Post#41 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:03 am

Thornton doesn't interest me at all. Zeller and Brandon Bass for Perkins would get me interested. However, I don't see Perkins being moved. I also think there is a strong chance they re-sign him next off-season for around $2-3M/yr for 2-3 years to be the 3rd center and a coach/mentor for the younger bigs.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,548

Post#42 » by Devilanche » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:35 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Thornton doesn't interest me at all. Zeller and Brandon Bass for Perkins would get me interested. However, I don't see Perkins being moved. I also think there is a strong chance they re-sign him next off-season for around $2-3M/yr for 2-3 years to be the 3rd center and a coach/mentor for the younger bigs.

Why would Boston do that?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#43 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:50 pm

I didn't say they would. I said that would interest me. If they really wanted Perkins, for whatever reason, Bass is an expiring contract and Zeller is a backup center. Boston is also more in tank mode this season than win mode.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#44 » by 165bows » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

bondom34 wrote:
165bows wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Honestly, I don't know what's out there, but I wouldn't be willing to give any more than Perk, Lamb, and a pick in a deal (or maybe Roberson). I feel pretty comfortable with the bigs, considering Perk's only gonna get maybe 20 minutes max a night, and it isn't worth giving a ton to move him as an expiring. I'd be interested in a guy like Pekovic, but wouldn't do more than Perk/Lamb/a pick, which likely isn't enough.

As for the trade machine, it uses PER to "estimate" wins, so that's garbage for an estimate really :lol:.

Yeah, PER is a mess. :lol:

How interesting is a Perk for Marcus Thornton deal for OKC fans?

Eh...very mild to me, only because they already have Lamb/Morrow/Jackson (sometimes)/Roberson all as SGs, and if it was a swap, Adams and Thabeet would be the only Cs left. I don't know if they need any more really, but I dread Hash having to play any meaninful time.

Yeah that makes sense. I figured as much though I didn't realize Roberson was part of the mix at SG, thought he was pretty much a three at this level. Hadn't really seen him in OKC but some at Colorado where he was pretty much a forward.

I'd done a similar look at teams' rosters to see where the Celtics might make a move with Thornton, but there aren't that many boondoggle $8-10M expiring deals out there right now.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#45 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:05 pm

165bows wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
165bows wrote:
Yeah, PER is a mess. :lol:

How interesting is a Perk for Marcus Thornton deal for OKC fans?

Eh...very mild to me, only because they already have Lamb/Morrow/Jackson (sometimes)/Roberson all as SGs, and if it was a swap, Adams and Thabeet would be the only Cs left. I don't know if they need any more really, but I dread Hash having to play any meaninful time.

Yeah that makes sense. I figured as much though I didn't realize Roberson was part of the mix at SG, thought he was pretty much a three at this level. Hadn't really seen him in OKC but some at Colorado where he was pretty much a forward.

I'd done a similar look at teams' rosters to see where the Celtics might make a move with Thornton, but there aren't that many boondoggle $8-10M expiring deals out there right now.

Well, he's an expiring, so I would think a deadline deal for a team who's a piece away and just needs a shooter would make sense. Just need to see who that team is before February!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#46 » by 165bows » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:20 pm

bondom34 wrote:
165bows wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Eh...very mild to me, only because they already have Lamb/Morrow/Jackson (sometimes)/Roberson all as SGs, and if it was a swap, Adams and Thabeet would be the only Cs left. I don't know if they need any more really, but I dread Hash having to play any meaninful time.

Well, he's an expiring, so I would think a deadline deal for a team who's a piece away and just needs a shooter would make sense. Just need to see who that team is before February!

Yeah that was kind of my original thought on a Perk/Thornton deal, it would only make sense if Perk went down and they were just looking to bring in a body that could play a role, and pay some mild asset to do so. I suppose Boston wouldn't need too much incentive to do a deal with Bass and Faverani, but like you and others said probably makes most sense to keep your center depth unless Adams et al look amazing for some reason and Perk went down with an injury.

Perk was the boss in Boston though so I hope he does well, just the slow part of the summer so I can't help making lots of weird contingency deals. :lol:
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#47 » by gocelts » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:13 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Thornton doesn't interest me at all. Zeller and Brandon Bass for Perkins would get me interested. However, I don't see Perkins being moved. I also think there is a strong chance they re-sign him next off-season for around $2-3M/yr for 2-3 years to be the 3rd center and a coach/mentor for the younger bigs.

Cs fan here, was wondering if Perk was on the market and this thread popped up...wow I hate August :D

Id actually be okay with the Zeller, Bass trade, but I'm sure most Cs fans wouldn't. Bass was actually a good 4th option when we had Paul, KG, & Ray. He'd be a great fit on your team. Unfortunately for him, we are feeding minutes to Sulinger and Olynyk and Bass is the odd man out. Zeller has all the hype because he's young and new...but I'd cough him up to get a staring center again.

Cs fans will still bicker over who won the Cs Green trade...and I am a fan of Green but our team immediately free fell from 1st place thereafter. Perk brings an intangible interior toughness that is rare and what winning/contending teams NEED. You guys should just let him expire and don't mess with your championship run.
~gocelts
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#48 » by HeartSouloma » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:30 am

I'm prying for another SG that can score and play defense.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder