Player Predictions : Perry Jones

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Player Predictions : Perry Jones 

Post#1 » by Podirk » Fri Oct 3, 2014 6:58 pm

Perry Jones :

Brooks' favorite utility defender will beat out Lamb, Morrow and Jackson for starting SG duties to start the year. Averaging 15 mins between the 2 and 4 spot PJ won't be able to cement any real position for himself, thus will finish another year with most wondering where PJIII can really do. PJ will average 5 pts and 3 rebounds.

Bold Prediction : PJ will have a run of half a dozen games scoring in double digits.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Re: Player Predictions : Perry Jones 

Post#2 » by DontH8TheBrody » Fri Oct 3, 2014 9:39 pm

I love PJ3 but want to see Lamb start. He is our SG of the future.

Second unit: RJ/AM/PJ/NC/SA
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#3 » by Podirk » Sat Oct 4, 2014 7:44 pm

I hope Lamb does show improvement on D and confidence on the otherwise of the court. I've been known to bet against Lamb, though I really do want him to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Oct 6, 2014 11:35 am

If PJ3 shows he can defend the SG position well I could see him as the starter. They are going to be looking for someone who brings similar things as Thabo and PJ3 could easily do that IF the defense is there. PJ3 shot 42% on corner 3s last year and 36% overall from 3. By comparison, Lamb shot 34% from the corner and 36% overall. I believe both to be capable of being 40% shooters from 3 this year.

Both are capable offensive players, but the issue is with their defense. PJ3 is a better on the ball defender while Lamb gambles a lot more. The gambling leading to more turnovers, but also leaves him out of position at times. If Brooks wants to go with a more pressure defense then Lamb should start as his length, anticipation and gambling style will create more fast break opportunities and can make the opposing offense timid after a few turnovers. If Brooks want good fundamental defense then he probably goes with PJ3 who is closer to Thabo on the defensive end.

If PJ3 shows he can defend SGs with his size it will cause a massive match-up problem for other teams. How do you defend a 6'11 SG? Granted, PJ3 wouldn't be your traditional SG as while he is athletic and can shoot he's not the same type of creator as Lamb. However, his height would make things hard for opposing SGs on offense as shooting over him would be difficult for a 6'7 SG that would be considered a big SG on most nights. It would also make it harder for them to close out and effect PJ3's shot as he was standing in the corner due to the higher view and release point.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder