Question about Waiters, Roberson, & Singler

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

hollasin
Ballboy
And1: 6

Question about Waiters, Roberson, & Singler 

Post#1 » by hollasin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 am

Waiters, Roberson, & Singler keep getting ran out on the court to miss the side of barnyards while Lamb & Jones can't smell the court. What are JL & PJ not doing that the other 3 are in practice. 2 games in a row Russ goes 1 on 5 because he doesn't trust the "shooters". Brooks loved PJ when players were hurt & was OK with Lamb at times too where did they go wrong?
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: Question about Waiters, Roberson, & Singler 

Post#2 » by sipclip » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:07 am

You aren't allowed to question Brooks coaching on this board. He is one of the best coaches in the nba and beyond reproach.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#3 » by HeartSouloma » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 am

They're both not ready yet. PJ shown flashes, but he's not there yet. JL is not consistent and that's probably because of his PT and confidence.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#4 » by sipclip » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:41 am

So Jones and Lamb aren't ready yet but somehow Waiters, Robertson and Singler are?
babase
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#5 » by babase » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:18 am

Yeah I'm not sure. Waiters has been mostly terrible here, and Singler hasn't added much of anything. Might as well try Lamb/Jones again for a few games.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#6 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Roberson is the best sg on the roster. Singler is being integrated into the rotation because he will be Durant's backup who fills a need better than PJ. Waiters is the toughest to explain but it's more an indictment of Lamb, Waiters tries on defense while Lamb doesn't. Also, Lamb has just been chucking shots and letting his man blow by him on defense any time he has played for the last month, I was a big supporter of him but he has been a worse Dion lately.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#7 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Oh and Singler is hitting 40% on 3's while PJ hits 26% so I don't know why Russ would trust him more. PJ seems to play best as a 4, and there's no way he is cracking that rotation.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,210

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Pretty much exactly what spearsy said. Roberson is a top tier defender so he starts, his offense is improving. Singler is far and away a better option given his shooting than PJ, and this is coming from someone who wanted PJ to start early this season. Waiters again is tough, but that's more or less just he's still trying defensively, where it doesn't seem Lamb puts forth the effort.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
babase
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#9 » by babase » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:27 pm

While Waiters might try on defense, I'm not sure how much that really outweighs his repeatedly stupid shot selection on offense. Really wish we had a guy like Danny Green..
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#10 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:37 pm

babase wrote:While Waiters might try on defense, I'm not sure how much that really outweighs his repeatedly stupid shot selection on offense. Really wish we had a guy like Danny Green..

We all wish that. Unfortunately we don't and Lamb has been just as stupid, so stupid + trying > stupid and not. Hopefully Augustin keeps getting minutes and Dion's shrink when KD returns... Assuming Russ is here :banghead:
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#11 » by sipclip » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:53 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Roberson is the best sg on the roster. Singler is being integrated into the rotation because he will be Durant's backup who fills a need better than PJ. Waiters is the toughest to explain but it's more an indictment of Lamb, Waiters tries on defense while Lamb doesn't. Also, Lamb has just been chucking shots and letting his man blow by him on defense any time he has played for the last month, I was a big supporter of him but he has been a worse Dion lately.

Of course Lamb has struggled. It is hard to get anything going when you never play. Some of you just love making excuses for Brooks. The truth is that anytime Lamb has ever been given consistent minutes over the last 2yrs he has played better than Waiters, Roberson or Singler.

With Jones you have a player that is extremely frustrating because he is so damn talented but at the beginning of the season he finally seemed to be putting it together and then he obviously got injured. Once he got back from his injury he was shaking off the rust and then his minutes basically disappeared. It is hard to develop and build consistency when your minutes are never consistent. It would be a different story if the guys playing in front of Lamb and Jones were showing that they are better and more consistent but that is clearly not the case.
hollasin
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#12 » by hollasin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Everyone is acting like Roberson is some lock down defender he's a good defender but the difference between him & PJ aren't huge. PJ's all around game is better then Roberson, Singler, & Dion.
Singler hits 40% but if he's not shooting hen he gets the ball it means nothing, can't make what you don't take. Roberson keeps shooting air balls & Dion is hit or miss from quarter to quarter. If Lamb & Jones played the minutes the other 3 go t& stunk it up then I would understand. But when giving big minutes Jones was consistent, Lamb minutes have never been consistent even with injuries he had to fight morrow, Reggie, & roberson
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by bondom34 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:15 pm

sipclip wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Roberson is the best sg on the roster. Singler is being integrated into the rotation because he will be Durant's backup who fills a need better than PJ. Waiters is the toughest to explain but it's more an indictment of Lamb, Waiters tries on defense while Lamb doesn't. Also, Lamb has just been chucking shots and letting his man blow by him on defense any time he has played for the last month, I was a big supporter of him but he has been a worse Dion lately.

Other than shooting (sometimes) there isn't a single thing Lamb is remotely as good at as Roberson. And he's not good enough at that.

Of course Lamb has struggled. It is hard to get anything going when you never play. Some of you just love making excuses for Brooks. The truth is that anytime Lamb has ever been given consistent minutes over the last 2yrs he has played better than Waiters, Roberson or Singler.

With Jones you have a player that is extremely frustrating because he is so damn talented but at the beginning of the season he finally seemed to be putting it together and then he obviously got injured. Once he got back from his injury he was shaking off the rust and then his minutes basically disappeared. It is hard to develop and build consistency when your minutes are never consistent. It would be a different story if the guys playing in front of Lamb and Jones were showing that they are better and more consistent but that is clearly not the case.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bondom34 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:22 pm

hollasin wrote:Everyone is acting like Roberson is some lock down defender he's a good defender but the difference between him & PJ aren't huge. PJ's all around game is better then Roberson, Singler, & Dion.
Singler hits 40% but if he's not shooting hen he gets the ball it means nothing, can't make what you don't take. Roberson keeps shooting air balls & Dion is hit or miss from quarter to quarter. If Lamb & Jones played the minutes the other 3 go t& stunk it up then I would understand. But when giving big minutes Jones was consistent, Lamb minutes have never been consistent even with injuries he had to fight morrow, Reggie, & roberson

Have you seen Roberson on D? He's the best defender on the roster by 2 miles. Check RPM numbers
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#15 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:43 pm

sipclip wrote:

Is this dripping with irony?

Truth is, Lamb has never been as good as Roberson is.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#16 » by Podirk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:51 pm

sipclip wrote:

You clearly haven't been watching Lamv or PJ long...and I'm a PJ homer...they are end of the bench talent on this current roster.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#17 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Mar 1, 2015 12:30 am

I wanted Lamb and PJ to get playing time and step up as big time contributors as much as anyone, but it hasn't happened. I don't think there is much difference between Lamb and Waiters, but Waiters is a better defender. As has been said, Roberson is the best all around SG on the roster. If Roberson develops his corner 3 he could be a very good SG. Singler is an established 40% 3 point shooter as is Morrow and both should be playing over Lamb and PJ3.

Lamb is the 3rd youngest player on the roster with only Adams and Kanter being younger. Lamb still has time to develop. He needs to use learn to get in better position on defense. I still have expectations of him being a good role player. I would rather see Lamb playing than Waiters, especially with KD out, but I understand Brooks is making the decision based on defense. I really hope Lamb is working on whatever the coaches are wanting him to so he can get on the floor more next year. With his length I really expected him to at least become a very good 3 and D player and while his 3 is solid, 35% for his career, the D has been lacking.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Thunderhead
Senior
And1: 287

Post#18 » by Thunderhead » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:25 am

I have no doubt,that if Lamb or PJ had any value, they would've been traded at the deadline. Evidently, no one else see's anything there either.

I don't know how people ever got the idea they were good NBA players ? Jones can play 20 minutes , and ya can't even notice he's on the court. He's the biggest nothing ever been on the Thunder, shoots 27% from three, can't really rebound, can't really defend, can't really put the ball on the floor .............. zip ,nothing, nada.

And Lamb is as bad defensively as Roberson is a shooter. I'm amazed to watch Augustin defend better than Lamb,and be a full head shorter than Lamb. Augustin can stay in front of the player he's guarding, Lamb might as well not even be there.

Yes, Lamb can hit a 3P shot about 35% of the time, past that , he's no better than Jones.

If either one of those guys were NBA players, Presti would not have brought in four new players .
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#19 » by spearsy23 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:29 am

That might be a bit harsh, but I agree with the general sentiment :lol:
Hobes
Senior
And1: 136

Post#20 » by Hobes » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:39 am

Agree with Thunderhead - I don't know why people keep questioning Lamb's playing time. He has never done anything in the league that's even remotely positive. Literally, if we could trade him for anything, we would have by now.

I still have a soft spot for PJ. I still think he could be a positive bench player at the 3/4, however, it would need to be on a team that has a tonne of 3 point shooting, not a team that desperately needs 3 point shooting.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder