How do we use Singler?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

CancerAssassin
Ballboy
And1: 0

How do we use Singler? 

Post#1 » by CancerAssassin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:11 pm

We have Singler for the long haul, but on paper I am not sure he would even make a 10 man rotation.
Well, he's a good shooter. Actually, last year there were only 14 guys >6'8" shooting >37% on >150 attempts: Singler KD, Ibaka (Dirk, DeMarre Carroll, Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Bosh, Ilyasova, Channing Frye, Villanueva, Hollis Thompson, Damjan Rudez)

I don't think anyone has the personnel to defend a perimeter threat of Singler-KD-Ibaka, but what players would maximize that lineup?

Ofcourse there is the pace-and-space dream team farce: Ibaka-KD-Singler-Morrow-Augustin all career >37% 3pt shooters..no idea who they're defending.

If you had Ibaka-KD-Singler-Roberson-RW do you think that Roberson could be used in the PnR to maximize his offensive utility?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: How do we use Singler? 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:18 pm

He's a useful guy off the bench, but is pretty limited in what I'd want him to do. I feel best with him mainly as a spot up shooter but I think he'd be alright alongside KD/Russ/Serge/either Adams or Kanter ideally. I don't know if I'd want another player out there who was essentially a perimeter player unable to create a ton, though Robes could work if he improves his ball handling some. I don't know how good he'd be as roll man relative to one of the bigs which makes me think twice on him for sure.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#3 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:21 pm

CancerAssassin wrote:We have Singler for the long haul, but on paper I am not sure he would even make a 10 man rotation.
Well, he's a good shooter. Actually, last year there were only 14 guys >6'8" shooting >37% on >150 attempts: Singler KD, Ibaka (Dirk, DeMarre Carroll, Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Bosh, Ilyasova, Channing Frye, Villanueva, Hollis Thompson, Damjan Rudez)

I don't think anyone has the personnel to defend a perimeter threat of Singler-KD-Ibaka, but what players would maximize that lineup?

Ofcourse there is the pace-and-space dream team farce: Ibaka-KD-Singler-Morrow-Augustin all career >37% 3pt shooters..no idea who they're defending.

If you had Ibaka-KD-Singler-Roberson-RW do you think that Roberson could be used in the PnR to maximize his offensive utility?

A Westbrook/Roberson pick and roll would be fun—Chi had some success last year with Butler screening for Rose, and Roberson's bigger than Butler (and a better rebounder, for that matter).

On offense, I almost wonder if any lineup including Ibaka and Roberson might be better off using Roberson as a PF/center on offense and Ibaka as a 3&D shooting guard. Roberson's got one of the highest rebound rates in the league for a guard, and it was a big strength of his in college. He's reasonably strong and pretty quick, and probably better off playing like Faried than Danny Green.

I know it sounds nuts, but both those guys are so weird for their positions that you could almost flip them.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#4 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:22 pm

bondom34 wrote:He's a useful guy off the bench, but is pretty limited in what I'd want him to do. I feel best with him mainly as a spot up shooter but I think he'd be alright alongside KD/Russ/Serge/either Adams or Kanter ideally. I don't know if I'd want another player out there who was essentially a perimeter player unable to create a ton, though Robes could work if he improves his ball handling some. I don't know how good he'd be as roll man relative to one of the bigs which makes me think twice on him for sure.

Robes was a PF in college—I think he'd do OK.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:25 pm

dbrandon wrote:
bondom34 wrote:He's a useful guy off the bench, but is pretty limited in what I'd want him to do. I feel best with him mainly as a spot up shooter but I think he'd be alright alongside KD/Russ/Serge/either Adams or Kanter ideally. I don't know if I'd want another player out there who was essentially a perimeter player unable to create a ton, though Robes could work if he improves his ball handling some. I don't know how good he'd be as roll man relative to one of the bigs which makes me think twice on him for sure.

Robes was a PF in college—I think he'd do OK.

Yeah, I just for some reason don't know if he's got a floater if needed, though I could be forgetting. Good call.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#6 » by KD35Brah » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Small ball 4 if he could defend PFs for a short amount of time.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#7 » by slick_watts » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 pm

He should play SF off the bench. Kanter-Collison-Singler-Morrow-Augustin or whatever. Kick Dion and his diet to the curb.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder