2016 Offseason Part 2

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Re: 2016 Offseason Part 2 

Post#661 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:14 pm

dbrandon wrote:This is a huge and probably fruitless undertaking, but I'm attempting to track back agent relationships based on previous Thunder contracts to see who Presti might have better relationships with. Want to see if there's any correlation to trades that we could use to get some insight on who might be available in trade, especially in combination with the trade matrix that Nylon Calculus put together.

Will update as I learn more.

I assume you're using the site's agent listings here? I was glancing into it last night for trade targets but just looked at Russ's agent, didn't dig much further.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#662 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:34 pm

bondom34 wrote:
dbrandon wrote:This is a huge and probably fruitless undertaking, but I'm attempting to track back agent relationships based on previous Thunder contracts to see who Presti might have better relationships with. Want to see if there's any correlation to trades that we could use to get some insight on who might be available in trade, especially in combination with the trade matrix that Nylon Calculus put together.

I assume you're using the site's agent listings here? I was glancing into it last night for trade targets but just looked at Russ's agent, didn't dig much further.

Both RealGM and DraftExpress
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#663 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:37 pm

dbrandon wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Both RealGM and DraftExpress

Ersan and Serge have the same agent. That's all I got :lol:.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#664 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:31 pm

There are a few agents who have multiple players with Thunder connections, Leon Rose (well, more like CAA Sports) perhaps being the most prominent. But Andy Miller of ASM Sports seems like there's probably a legit relationship there beyond just business.

A couple of things that jump out at me:

1) Telfair signing. Seems really indicative of favor—he was basically signed to sit on the bench and make money for it, and there were better options here in the States.

2) Ibaka/Ilyasova trade.

3) Marquis Teague, who's been on the Blue forever.

He also has decent connections to the Magic front office, which is run by Hennigan, a Presti disciple and sometimes trade partner.

If I'm correct in that Miller might have a closer connection to the OKC front offices than some others, I'd keep an eye on a couple of his guys this year:

1) Alec Burks. Jazz are incredibly deep this year, and Burks might come available and be willing to move on if that depth translates to a smaller role.

2) Hollis Thompson. I know Philly needs shooting, but there's a connection to OKC already (former Blue player) and he might be someone that Presti puts feelers out on.

3) Kyle O'Quinn. He got pushed pretty far down the rotation last year, and he may want a slightly bigger role. Were Kanter to get moved, I'd keep an eye out.

4) KJ McDaniels. He's been fringe rotation in both places he's played, and he's not shy about his perceived ability. If he doesn't get on the court for the Rockets, it's likely he starts pushing for trade, and if there's a preexisting Miller relationship with Oklahoma City, it'd make it easier.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#665 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Random game pitting us against Minnesota on Christmas, but guess the league will angle for them being the 'new' version of the Thunder
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#666 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#667 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#668 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Worst Christmas day lineup in recent memory.

Boston @ New York
Chicago @ San Antonio
Golden State @ Cleveland
Minnesota @ OKC
LAC @ LAL

Should've flipped those last two games so it was LAC @ OKC and Minnesota @ LAL so it's at least teams facing each other with a history/future together. Chicago/San Antonio is just weird. San Antonio is too good to leave off, Chicago too big of a market, but not much intrigue in that match up.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#669 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:30 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:Worst Christmas day lineup in recent memory.

Boston @ New York
Chicago @ San Antonio
Golden State @ Cleveland
Minnesota @ OKC
LAC @ LAL

Should've flipped those last two games so it was LAC @ OKC and Minnesota @ LAL so it's at least teams facing each other with a history/future together. Chicago/San Antonio is just weird. San Antonio is too good to leave off, Chicago too big of a market, but not much intrigue in that match up.

Only 2 good games are the GSW/Cavs one and OKC, which is mainly because I'm a fan of the team. Bad matchups.
Soonerule
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#670 » by Soonerule » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:36 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"RUSSELL WESTBROOK UNLEASHED" is right. He's never run from a fight, refused a challenge, or turned his back on a friend and he wasn't about to go against those principles now. It's obvious now that the difference in Durant and Westbrook's personalities ran much deeper than even close observers knew and I think the entire team will benefit on game day because they will no longer be torn by which mindset they should have. They'll know.

"Russell Westbrook views the world as one gigantic middle finger and responds in kind."

Possibly the most insightful line in the post:

Season on the line, the Thunder needing a Spurs win to get into the playoffs and Westbrook basically says ,l,, the Spurs.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#671 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Soonerule wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"RUSSELL WESTBROOK UNLEASHED" is right. He's never run from a fight, refused a challenge, or turned his back on a friend and he wasn't about to go against those principles now. It's obvious now that the difference in Durant and Westbrook's personalities ran much deeper than even close observers knew and I think the entire team will benefit on game day because they will no longer be torn by which mindset they should have. They'll know.

"Russell Westbrook views the world as one gigantic middle finger and responds in kind."

Possibly the most insightful line in the post:

Season on the line, the Thunder needing a Spurs win to get into the playoffs and Westbrook basically says ,l,, the Spurs.

That was the one line I posted on DT too, fits like a glove. Man I'm excited for this season, and Sabonis looks really good.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#672 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:41 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:Worst Christmas day lineup in recent memory.

Boston @ New York
Chicago @ San Antonio
Golden State @ Cleveland
Minnesota @ OKC
LAC @ LAL

I don't mind the LA teams playing each other as the story line somewhat makes up for a lesser game. They should have put NY and Chicago against each other. Rose's old team and his new team. Neither of which will be that good this year, but at least the story line would have been interesting. Boston and Toronto would have been a good game. Then OKC and SA. Leave Minny off or if they wanted to showcase KAT have them play the Clippers and leave the Lakers off. I'm not sure if the Lakers or Knicks are the worst team that will be on that day, but both are just there because of their market and not the quality of their team.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#673 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Well that sucks, Sixers on a Wednesday in October. Doubt I'll get to see them this year. :(
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#674 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Domas is officially on the roster:

Read on Twitter
Fam1019
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#675 » by Fam1019 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Lol. Am I an assho!e for sort of rooting against the day dream team? I am sitting here hoping the game stays close lol. And yes it's because of Kevin Durant. I look at home and have no respect for him as a player, and it's not cause I'm a diehard Thunder fan, and I truly mean that. Everytime I see KD I say to myself, [maybe don't do this—DB]? He is truly the guy that walks into a user car lot, gets sold on a clunker and pays extra for it, comes back when he realizes he made a dumb impulse buy, but the used car lot closed up after it found its sucker lol. Lol Jerry West sold him about regretting not winning a championship, yet Jerry West stayed on one team his whole career and if he had to do it all over again I guarantee West would still have chose to stay on the Lakers his whole career. Ok now I am just venting and rambling lol, if you guys have to delete this post because of the language, I understand lol.
Fam1019
Ballboy

Post#676 » by Fam1019 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:20 pm

One thing I surely won't miss is Durant trying to be a point guard. Lol his dribble is so long m, he gets stripped like 50% of the time he tries to dribble above the 3 point line.... The more he has the ball the less klay and steph will have the ball. Ahahahahahahahahahahah.
Fam1019
Ballboy

Post#677 » by Fam1019 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:26 pm

This USA team really isn't good at all, I guess maybe cause Durant is one of the leaders lol. He just isn't a leader. He can't lead Porky Pig to a victory in a studdering contest. I can't stand the way Durant celebrates from the bench with his stupid first bump **** he does. Ugh he's so annoying.
Fam1019
Ballboy

Post#678 » by Fam1019 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Can we please sign this teledosic guy form Serbia. He's nasty.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#679 » by Pillendreher » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:54 am

Somebody clean this **** up please.

Sent from my A0001 using RealGM mobile app
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
OkcMagic
Junior
And1: 159

Post#680 » by OkcMagic » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 pm

I just got blasted in this Facebook group for saying Denver is a up and coming team.. Is Denver not an up and coming team?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder