2022 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Zagor
Junior
And1: 101

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#1341 » by Zagor » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:37 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Already liked the pick because I believed in Cason as someone with a high floor but I can't stop thinking about sliding him into Dort's spot with the starters. If Dort could be an average finisher and make legit passes attacking closeouts he'd be phenomenal and I think Cason has the ability to do that in time. Probably never have Dort's strength and low center of gravity for switching onto bigger guys but he can still be a big time disruptor in his own way.

I think Presti first wants to see how the group function with Chet. Then next season trade Dort and assets for either big wing or PF.
Maybe even package of Dort, Giddey and picks if some superstar is available.

They probably see Cason as great 6th man.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,141

Post#1342 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:04 pm

Read on Twitter

communication is everything
OKC2008
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#1343 » by OKC2008 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:13 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Zagor wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:Presti has never understood building a complete team. He gets a few great pieces and then fails to put the rest of the team in place. He didn't need to do much this off-season. He made the trade up he needed to make to get Lively, which is the defensive anchor the team needs, and let Chet play PF because he isn't a center. Then he could've moved Dort, with picks, for another solid big, like John Collins, and then you have Chet as your 6th man in his rookie season. They had enough 1-3 with SGA, Giddy, Jalen Williams, Mann, Joe, Wiggins, etc.

Presti has a team overloaded at 1-3 with nothing you can depend on as quality play at 4/5 unless you are going to play extremely undersized which is fine if you just want to be a fringe playoff team that is "exciting and scrappy", but it is absolute garbage if your goal is winning a championship.

On the contrary, Chet is center. Real center.
Whatever success this team will have, it will be with him playing center position.

Starting lineup is undersized, yes. But if Dieng improves by his third season, situation is drastically different.
Roster building is in middle phase. There is still a lot of time to add bigger bodies.

Just like Dirk was a real center? Dirk was bigger and stronger as a rookie than Chet will likely ever be and he was pushed around in the paint by centers most of his career. Dirk is the player we all hope Chet becomes. A legendary power forward, but in no way will he become an above average center.

Basically you wanted:

Giddey- SGA- JDub - Colins - Lively

This lineup would have been by far the starting lineup with the worst spacing in NBA history
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1344 » by jake_swivel » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:06 pm

Chet isnt supposed to be dirk nowitzki on defense. That’s pretty clear. The 7’6 wingspan and 9’6 standing reach makes them completely different profiles on that end.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,506

Post#1345 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:20 pm

OKC2008 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Zagor wrote:On the contrary, Chet is center. Real center.
Whatever success this team will have, it will be with him playing center position.

Starting lineup is undersized, yes. But if Dieng improves by his third season, situation is drastically different.
Roster building is in middle phase. There is still a lot of time to add bigger bodies.

Just like Dirk was a real center? Dirk was bigger and stronger as a rookie than Chet will likely ever be and he was pushed around in the paint by centers most of his career. Dirk is the player we all hope Chet becomes. A legendary power forward, but in no way will he become an above average center.

Basically you wanted:

Giddey- SGA- JDub - Colins - Lively

This lineup would have been by far the starting lineup with the worst spacing in NBA history

The Thunder have had much worse spacing in starting lineups in the past. Russ-Roberson-Kd-Ibaka-Adams.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Big nick
Junior
And1: 317

Post#1346 » by Big nick » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:08 am

I am suprised people wanted to draft lively I think he will be a flop. A guy that doesn't bring much to the game except block shots in this game to me doesn't have much value. I mean he has no shot doesn't handle the ball well. I guess each to his own.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 317

Post#1347 » by Big nick » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:27 am

Lively reminds me of noel. Although I was not impressed with cason but I wasn't with jdub also. And I was wrong jdub he will be allstar. I agree though we are a talented big away from contending. So maybe lively would have put us up to another level. I also think we need to get rid of Mann and jre. And dort needs to lose his starting spot maybe cason will take it.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#1348 » by retrobro90 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:32 am

I really like Cason as previously mentioned but I just realized and find it funny how all of the "kentucky guards are always better in the nba" sentiment completely overlooks how bad and unimpressive TyTy Washington was last year for Houston
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,506

Post#1349 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:51 am

Big nick wrote:I am suprised people wanted to draft lively I think he will be a flop. A guy that doesn't bring much to the game except block shots in this game to me doesn't have much value. I mean he has no shot doesn't handle the ball well. I guess each to his own.

I could see Noel as his floor. Keep in mind that Noel has been a positive player through his career. I see Tyson Chandler as a better comparison given the size and skill set. Mitchell Robinson could be a comp, a rebound and block guy that is a positive player. If he fills out a bit more he could end up similar to Steven Adams. Maybe he develops a bit of an offensive game and maybe not, but you are going to be hard pressed to find a comparable player to Lively that didn't have a positive impact on the court during their career.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bbms
Analyst
And1: 535

Post#1350 » by bbms » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:55 pm

watching cason wallace's tape, i couldn't help it but laugh at how many wtf possessions he came up with it, pretty much like in football and those messy LOS plays where the defender have a nose for the ball and finds forced fumble in the middle of that chaos. this is his best ability imo.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#1351 » by Devilanche » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:13 pm

retrobro90 wrote:I really like Cason as previously mentioned but I just realized and find it funny how all of the "kentucky guards are always better in the nba" sentiment completely overlooks how bad and unimpressive TyTy Washington was last year for Houston

OKC decides to give Tyty a chance to correct this perception.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1352 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:23 pm

Devilanche wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:I really like Cason as previously mentioned but I just realized and find it funny how all of the "kentucky guards are always better in the nba" sentiment completely overlooks how bad and unimpressive TyTy Washington was last year for Houston

would be such a Presti thing to keep Tyty and trade Garuba.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1353 » by Devilanche » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:45 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

I think Tyty wins over Mann in training camp
And Garuba over JRE as well
But I think in the end only 1 of the 4 will survive.

Wiggins should be here still cause his floor is a lot higher and he can contribute a lot more than the 4.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1354 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:51 am

Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:OKC decides to give Tyty a chance to correct this perception.

Wiggins should be here still cause his floor is a lot higher and he can contribute a lot more than the 4.

yeah I think so too. I'm really worried Presti keeps JRE though. He decided to guaranteed his contract, he liked him a lot when he was drafted and looks like he's beloved/important in the locker room which is something Presti values a lot. That being said, it's very hard to guess what Presti is gonna do... it's gonna be pretty close between several players. It was pretty easy last offseason to guess that Maledon/Jerome/Krejci were done but this time it's gonna be tricky.

I love Wiggins more than our coach but I would still explore his trade value. I just don't know how much playing time he can get with Micic, Cason and Kenrich coming back (I would rather trade Kenrich to be honest but it's even less likely to happen)
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1355 » by Devilanche » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:50 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

yeah I think so too. I'm really worried Presti keeps JRE though. He decided to guaranteed his contract, he liked him a lot when he was drafted and looks like he's beloved/important in the locker room which is something Presti values a lot. That being said, it's very hard to guess what Presti is gonna do... it's gonna be pretty close between several players. It was pretty easy last offseason to guess that Maledon/Jerome/Krejci were done but this time it's gonna be tricky.

I love Wiggins more than our coach but I would still explore his trade value. I just don't know how much playing time he can get with Micic, Cason and Kenrich coming back (I would rather trade Kenrich to be honest but it's even less likely to happen)

I think he can be 3rd or 4th big but he seems to have quite an injury streak recently which means he won’t be available most of the time .

Don’t think we are trading Kenrich and I don’t think wiggins have any value .

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder