ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,225

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#1481 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#1482 » by retrobro90 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:24 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Lets go! Biz is still serviceable. Probably not gonna play much but he could make a difference against the right match up.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#1483 » by slick_watts » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:50 pm

biyombo was alright in the playoffs last couple years for phoenix.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 318

Post#1484 » by Big nick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:56 pm

Finally I really think Sam is trying to get some help, man if the house isn't for sell or out of the price range you can't buy.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,506

Post#1485 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:19 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I'd rather follow the thunder who always seem to be a move or two away from real contention than jump on the lakers bandwagon.

I will agree being a move or two away when capable of making those moves is very much anti-Lakers. It is also anti-Spurs. That might be why they have dynasties and Thunder just make the playoffs. Maybe Presti should try to find the harmony between asset collection to rebuild with youth and trying to go all-in with aging vets every year. I wasn't critical about the rebuilding process until this off-season. OKC wasn't ready to make the all-in moves until this off-season. Once they were ready Presti should have made the moves to advance the team to legitimate contender instead of collecting 2nd round draft picks and injury prone players with redundant skills once the team showed it was ready with last season's performance. While no one, myself included, expected this team to be where they are I was very vocal that they could be in this position with the acquisition of another legitimate big man. Imagine how great this team would be if Presti had spent the off-season looking for that big man instead of taking on bad contracts for 2nd round picks.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#1486 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:29 pm

Big nick wrote:Finally I really think Sam is trying to get some help, man if the house isn't for sell or out of the price range you can't buy.

Are you telling my that Olynyk was out of the price range OKC should have been willing to pay? How about Gafford? Washington? Even Royce O'Neale, that many on the board wanted, although I would argue he is too small to fill what they need he would have been significantly better than Hayward. McDermott or Bogdanovic, who again I would say are too small, but would have been better than Hayward. If Presti was just waiting for next year he could have brought back Steven Adams for some 2nd round picks. That at least would have plugged a hole for next year on a relatively cheap deal, $12M.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#1487 » by Devilanche » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:40 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Big nick wrote:I dont understand all the hate kizz.

Big nick wrote:I think I will drink to that!

Do I still need to explain the hate? You need another drink? I can honestly say that there is not anything Presti can do that is stupid enough to make me want to drink it away. I expect this type of move because it is who Presti is. This is the type of thing that goes completely against improving the team and trying to win. At the very least he could be chasing Robin Lopez, a big body, and Gallinari who can pretend to play PF in the buyout market. The problem is that might potentially add a playoff win by giving the team more options for creating positive matchups.

My comment was made in jest with a bit of annoynance. The thing is, some of us are ok following the team even if the front office makes decisions that we don't agree with. It doesn't mean we are all stupid or naive. As slickwatts said, I't doesn't mean Presti is stupid becuase his priorities are different. I'd rather follow the thunder who always seem to be a move or two away from real contention than jump on the lakers bandwagon.

I’m with you on this.

Give me another week and I will be back to normal.
As is the biyombo signing helps abit. Not who I really really want but can’t really be that picky after trade deadline.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Big nick
Junior

Post#1488 » by Big nick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:10 am

That was a major f up not getting gafford. That guy is a beast size speed and motor.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#1489 » by Devilanche » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:44 am

Dallas bench is dangerous .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
oldtimer28
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#1490 » by oldtimer28 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:25 am

I liked Micic but no one here seems to care about the loss.
Author | Yogi | Basketball fan

Please Follow me on instagram. [Grant Napear voice] “if you don’t like that, you don’t like NBA basketball!"

@feelbetterpublishing
Big nick
Junior

Post#1491 » by Big nick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:37 am

oldtimer28 wrote:I liked Micic but no one here seems to care about the loss.

I liked him also I think his play will be missed.
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#1492 » by timO » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:22 pm

SGA-Giddey-Cason
Dort-Joe
Jalen-Wiggins
Hayward-KW-Dieng
Chet-Jaylyn-Biyombo

Poku-lindy-sarr-KJ-Flagler

thats all folks
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Post#1493 » by Patches Perry » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:04 pm

When will the terms of the Waters contract be released?
Big nick
Junior

Post#1494 » by Big nick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm

So will we draft Kyle Filipowski he looks like a great big for us.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#1495 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:59 pm

Big nick wrote:So will we draft Kyle Filipowski he looks like a great big for us.

I project him to go top 10. He should be gone before OKC has a pick unless they trade up. I think Zach Eddy would be a great pick. He is huge, 7'4 with a 7'10 wingspan and plug him in at center with Chet at PF and then dare teams to drive on us. I also like Kel'el Ware as a stretch 5. If Presti were to draft Eddy and Ware I'd be happy on draft night. I also like Clingan, although I'd hope for improved FT shooting from him.

ESPN has Flipowski going #8 in their most recent mock draft. Bleacher report has him mocked 9th. Tankathon has him mocked 10th.

Keep in mind that is theoretically possible that OKC has no first round pick this year.
Big nick
Junior

Post#1496 » by Big nick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:28 pm

I think for sure one pick will be top 12 at least, kizz you suprized me I though you wouldnt like kyle. I do believe Sam will draft kyle somehow. I just don't see eddy being worth picking.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#1497 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:55 pm

Big nick wrote:I think for sure one pick will be top 12 at least, kizz you suprized me I though you wouldnt like kyle. I do believe Sam will draft kyle somehow. I just don't see eddy being worth picking.

Why? The only thing I could say negative about him is questionable defense. That is going to be the case with most big men. His shooting, rebounding and passing should all do well in the NBA and he can handle the ball better than most 7 footers. I like several of the stretch 4/5 types in this draft.

I dislike most of the guards people are high on. Topic is the only PG I really like. I am afraid he’ll end up in San Antonio, perhaps with Kyle. Putting them with Wemby could end up real good for San Antonio and get them back in the top tier of the West in ‘25-‘26.
Big nick
Junior

Post#1498 » by Big nick » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:57 pm

I am with you on this draft please Sam no guards.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#1499 » by Xatticus » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:29 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Big nick wrote:So will we draft Kyle Filipowski he looks like a great big for us.

I project him to go top 10. He should be gone before OKC has a pick unless they trade up. I think Zach Eddy would be a great pick. He is huge, 7'4 with a 7'10 wingspan and plug him in at center with Chet at PF and then dare teams to drive on us. I also like Kel'el Ware as a stretch 5. If Presti were to draft Eddy and Ware I'd be happy on draft night. I also like Clingan, although I'd hope for improved FT shooting from him.

ESPN has Flipowski going #8 in their most recent mock draft. Bleacher report has him mocked 9th. Tankathon has him mocked 10th.

Keep in mind that is theoretically possible that OKC has no first round pick this year.

You couldn't find a worse fit for this team than Edey.

Edey is architecturally unsound. His size is a tremendous advantage at the collegiate level, but he is incredibly slow. Luka Garza appears fleet-footed by comparison. This is why he is still playing for Purdue as a senior. He dominated in college last year, but nobody was going to burn a first-round pick on him.

We clear the paint and attack the basket to get the defense shifting. Having Edey on the floor would allow a team to camp one big dude in the paint at all times, which would be miserable for SGA and Jalen.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,662

Post#1500 » by Clav » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:44 pm

What are some of your predictions for our expiring contracts, RFAs, and FA targets this offseason ?

Coming off the books (dead cap)
Spoiler:
KPJ - $15.8M ($1M still owed in 24-25)
Rudy Gay - $6.5M
Garuba - $2.6M
TyTy Washington Jr - $2.3M
Jack White - $600k

Total = ~$27M [may renounce rights of players in offseason to clear cap-holds]

Expiring contracts
Spoiler:
Hayward - $33M (UFA)
Pokusevski - $5M (RFA)
Jaylin Williams - $2M (ng) for 24-25 and again for next year 25-26
Isaiah Joe - $2M (TO for $2.1M, may extend and renegotiate an extension)
Aaron Wiggins - $1.8M (TO for $1.9M, may extend and renegotiate an extension)
Biyombo - $750k

Total = ~39M [+$4M for Joe and Wiggins who are Team Options]

Rookie Extensions Available
Josh Giddey (would be AAV ~$25M according to Spotrac)

Cap Holds:
Garuba, Washington, White, Gay - OKC will renounce rights
I'm unsure how KPJ's situation unfolds because we waived him already, do we retain his 15.8M cap hold in the offseason ? I don't think we do... + Hayward's cap hold will be a priority to address before FA begins.

OKC could generate about $60M in cap space to utilize for 4 roster spots, Giddey, Joe, Wiggins, and Hayward's new contracts, and up to two 2024 draft selections incoming. Utah's FRP may not convey if they sink down just one spot. This means not-guaranteeing JayWill, letting Poku go, and not bringing back Biyombo.

Guaranteed Roster 24-25 [unless traded]
Spoiler:
01 SGA
02 Jalen Williams
03 Holmgren
04 Kenrich Williams
05 Dort
06 Giddey
07 Wallace
08 Dieng
09 Waters III
10 Joe (TO)
11 Wiggins (TO)

TW - Sarr
TW - Johnson
TW - Flagler

ng - Jaylin Williams (non-guaranteed)
UFA - Hayward
RFA - Poku
UFA - Biyombo

2024 Draft picks [current standings on February 11th 2024]
R1-08 - HOU (1-4 prot)
R1-11 - UTA (1-10 prot)

2024 Traded Draft picks
R1-25 - OKC - [2nd least favorable of LAC UTA OKC HOU to Dallas] (for 2028 1R DAL pick swap) [Gafford Trade]
R1-28 - LAC - [least favorable of LAC UTA OKC HOU to Toronto] -- [via Indiana - Siakam Trade]
R2-38 - HOU sent to Charlotte [Hayward Trade]
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder