Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Attending the 12/22 game 

Post#1 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:39 pm

Hey folks...

I'm on a long-term mission to see a game in every NBA arena, and OKC is on my radar for 12/22 vs. the Pelicans. I haven't purchased tickets yet. I've been monitoring ticket prices for that night. I'm likely buying lower bowl seats, preferably not on the baselines. The reason I'm still in a holding pattern is that I expected I would find season ticket holder resale below face value, and so far I'm not seeing that. So a few questions...
* Does my expectation seem realistic? Or am I unlikely to find any tickets below face value? I wouldn't have expected this to be a particularly in demand game, and it is shortly before Christmas.
* The seating layout is interesting. Sections 105, 106, 115, and 116 are clearly solid sections/seats. But moving over even one section to 104, 107, 114, and 117 seems like you would end up pretty far downcourt; even the best seats in those sections look like they're probably at the baseline. Is that accurate? Anyone sat in those sections? How's the view?
* Anything else I should know when buying tickets or seeing a game in your home?

Thanks in advance!

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,225

Re: Attending the 12/22 game 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:59 am

If you’re comfortable showing up to the arena without tickets you’ll find them below face value outside the arena. Someone always has extra tickets they’ll let go cheap.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#3 » by ThunderCeltic » Tue Nov 1, 2022 3:02 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Hey folks...

I'm on a long-term mission to see a game in every NBA arena, and OKC is on my radar for 12/22 vs. the Pelicans. I haven't purchased tickets yet. I've been monitoring ticket prices for that night. I'm likely buying lower bowl seats, preferably not on the baselines. The reason I'm still in a holding pattern is that I expected I would find season ticket holder resale below face value, and so far I'm not seeing that. So a few questions...
* Does my expectation seem realistic? Or am I unlikely to find any tickets below face value? I wouldn't have expected this to be a particularly in demand game, and it is shortly before Christmas.
* The seating layout is interesting. Sections 105, 106, 115, and 116 are clearly solid sections/seats. But moving over even one section to 104, 107, 114, and 117 seems like you would end up pretty far downcourt; even the best seats in those sections look like they're probably at the baseline. Is that accurate? Anyone sat in those sections? How's the view?
* Anything else I should know when buying tickets or seeing a game in your home?

Thanks in advance!

The game VS New Orleans is actually 12/23 on a Friday Night and we'll be in our Dark Gray City edition uniforms.

Also depending on if Zion is playing, tickets will bill fairly cheap on the resale market and lower if he isn't playing that night.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#4 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Nov 1, 2022 12:59 pm

ThunderCeltic wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Hey folks...

Thanks in advance!

The game VS New Orleans is actually 12/23 on a Friday Night and we'll be in our Dark Gray City edition uniforms.

Also depending on if Zion is playing, tickets will bill fairly cheap on the resale market and lower if he isn't playing that night.

You are correct. I fly on 12/22 and got my dates confused, but yes, I meant the game on 12/23. I figured the resale market would look promising, which is why I'm surprised to not be finding resale tickets below face. Possible I'm underestimating the Zion factor.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#5 » by ThunderCeltic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:49 am

I remember the game. We had a terrible freeze in the state. We record lows -8 and the wind chill was horrible. Felt like we were in the Northeast.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder