Around the NBA 2022-2023

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,225

Re: Around the NBA 2022-2023 

Post#21 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:48 pm

jake_swivel wrote:I’m encouraged that the clippers whiffed on cp3 and brogdon. If they stayed mildly healthy they would be good additions. If they whiff on Russ too (bulls should go after him w/ MLE if they don’t rebuild), I think they’re in big trouble.

I kind of wanted them to get both, especially Brogdon just due to the fact I have complete confidence both guys will get hurt.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#22 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:54 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:I’m encouraged that the clippers whiffed on cp3 and brogdon. If they stayed mildly healthy they would be good additions. If they whiff on Russ too (bulls should go after him w/ MLE if they don’t rebuild), I think they’re in big trouble.

I kind of wanted them to get both, especially Brogdon just due to the fact I have complete confidence both guys will get hurt.

I get that. I’m just hoping they have to take an even greater talent downgrade. Chris Paul has been dragging his team and body to overperform for awhile.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#23 » by Devilanche » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:38 pm

Suns going all in on 34 year old Durant and 29 year old Beal both with injury concerns themselves.

Booker himself is 26 years old.

With them giving up their own draft control until 2030(next 7 years) which means that booker would have been 34 years old the earliest time suns can make their own pick.

Seems like a crash and burn soon . Deandre will be broken up into pieces so likely a 3 way where a team need a big and have lots of pieces and can somewhat feature him or at least give him touches.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:43 pm

Devilanche wrote:Suns going all in on 34 year old Durant and 29 year old Beal both with injury concerns themselves.

With them giving up their own draft control until 2030(next 7 years) which means that booker would have been 34 years old the earliest time suns can make their own pick.

Seems like a crash and burn soon . Deandre will be broken up into pieces so likely a 3 way where a team need a big and have lots of pieces and can somewhat feature him or at least give him touches.

They’ll get some ring chasing vets, won’t they?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#25 » by Devilanche » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:45 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Suns going all in on 34 year old Durant and 29 year old Beal both with injury concerns themselves.

They need healthy bodies which not a lot of vets will bring.

Edit - it’s all in for a 2 year window with Durant and hope that 32 year old beal is somewhat healthy and tradable and not become an anchor like Wall did.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:56 pm

Devilanche wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Edit - it’s all in for a 2 year window with Durant and hope that 32 year old beal is somewhat healthy and tradable and not become an anchor like Wall did.

If Durant doesn’t win another chip how much does it damage his legacy?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Devilanche » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:01 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

If Durant doesn’t win another chip how much does it damage his legacy?

It doesn’t really change his legacy much at 34.

If he had the alpha mentality of Jimmy Butler , he would have ranked way way higher and we probably would have had at least one ring .
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:33 pm

Rumors that the rockets are going after van fleet? What a strange idea.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:24 pm

If harden is forcing his way out, hope Sam gets in there and tries to facilitate a trade away from the clippers. Take on Tobias and give ‘em Dort and Bertans or something.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,144

Post#30 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:44 pm

jake_swivel wrote:If harden is forcing his way out, hope Sam gets in there and tries to facilitate a trade away from the clippers. Take on Tobias and give ‘em Dort and Bertans or something.

how will that help though?

I don't like the idea of Harden to the Clippers because his trade value is low...think it raises Clippers floor
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#31 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:44 pm

jake_swivel wrote:Rumors that the rockets are going after van fleet? What a strange idea.

looks like a "done deal" (or reporters messed up). I like this for our 2024 Houston FRP.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:09 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:If harden is forcing his way out, hope Sam gets in there and tries to facilitate a trade away from the clippers. Take on Tobias and give ‘em Dort and Bertans or something.

I don't like the idea of Harden to the Clippers because his trade value is low...think it raises Clippers floor

If Philly is trying to get out from under the Tobias contract and get some value back, I could see dort as being thought of as a defensive role player with some offensive upside. Heh, not saying it would be a great idea for Philly, but I’m just trying to think of a way for Sam to keep harden off of the clippers.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,225

Post#33 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:39 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:Rumors that the rockets are going after van fleet? What a strange idea.

looks like a "done deal" (or reporters messed up). I like this for our 2024 Houston FRP.

I like it for our clippers pick swaps. All it takes is him being fat and injured and the clips not wanting him after one season. Then they are left more destitute.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:52 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I like it for our clippers pick swaps. All it takes is him being fat and injured and the clips not wanting him after one season. Then they are left more destitute.

It’s not like athleticism was ever his weapon. He could have 2 years in him. Played well enough this past regular season (which is the only thing that matters with this pick). He could for sure muck everything up, get injured, pout, or just finally be old. But I’d prefer them stuck with PG and Kawhi.

This free agency is shaping up to be wilder than I thought. This new CBA is causing ripples, it seems. The new 90% rule in combination with the draft odds really deincentivize tanking.

Knicks make way more sense to me as trade partners with picks and some decent young talent. Would love to watch thibs try to coach harden, though. Thibs would stroke out.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Devilanche » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:47 am

Dadouv47 wrote:

Yeap harden will get them up high in the regular season at least .
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Devilanche » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:49 am

jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I like it for our clippers pick swaps. All it takes is him being fat and injured and the clips not wanting him after one season. Then they are left more destitute.

It’s not like athleticism was ever his weapon. He could have 2 years in him. Played well enough this past regular season (which is the only thing that matters with this pick). He could for sure muck everything up, get injured, pout, or just finally be old. But I’d prefer them stuck with PG and Kawhi.

This free agency is shaping up to be wilder than I thought. This new CBA is causing ripples, it seems. The new 90% rule in combination with the draft odds really deincentivize tanking.

Knicks make way more sense to me as trade partners with picks and some decent young talent. Would love to watch thibs try to coach harden, though. Thibs would stroke out.

I prefer harden on the heats.

Offensive force against team culture .
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by jake_swivel » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:12 am

Devilanche wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Really anyone but the clippers for me. Miami (Herro) and New York make more sense than the clips from an asset perspective, but harden fits like a glove in LA culture-wise. Might even be enough for Russ to take the min and ring chase, which I’d be surprised by if it was just Kawhi and PG.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#38 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:52 am

jake_swivel wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Really anyone but the clippers for me. Miami (Herro) and New York make more since than the clips from an asset perspective, but harden fits like a glove in LA culture-wise. Might even be enough for Russ to take the min and ring chase, which I’d be surprised by if it was just Kawhi and PG.

I think Westbrook gonna stay anyway but if Harden joins and stay there for a few seasons it's gonna lower our pick value quite a lot.

Getting another star like Harden could also persuase Ballmer to spend even more money in the next couple of years (even if I think he will do it regardless once they open their new arena)
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#39 » by retrobro90 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:42 pm

No one will believe this but trusted source I know says Dame to Philly
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,662

Post#40 » by Clav » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:57 pm

retrobro90 wrote:No one will believe this but trusted source I know says Dame to Philly

I believe you. if Harden is on the way out as it seems to be reported, then there's a place for Dame's salary.

Off the top of my head 3-team trade

Harden > HOU
Dame > PHL
Smith Jr, Christopher, Korkmaz, picks > POR
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder