Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1 » by Balkman32 » Sat Feb 4, 2023 4:19 pm

After tonight’s game with the Rockets. There will be 30 games remaining in the tank. It’s been 3 long years. This will be game #216 of the tank.

During these 3 years the Thunder have drafted 6 FRP, played 5 SRP that they have drafted, signed 4 contract extensions, acquired 3 more FRP, two additional seconds and have an all star in SGA. I think the Thunder did a great job in making this rebuild extremely time efficient.

30 more games of pain after tonight. But it will all be worth it in the end!
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Re: 30 

Post#2 » by Xatticus » Sat Feb 4, 2023 11:00 pm

The question is... do you tank right now?

This team has been so competitive all year long that I think it's tough to go that route, but I would completely understand if Presti did. I'm not sure exactly how you do it without sitting SGA though. Getting Poku back would help, but there isn't really anyone else on the roster that is significantly hurting the team.

For as much as this team has exceeded expectations up to this point, we are still sitting at 13th of 15th in the conference and 8th in the tankathon standings. This team could very easily move to at least 6th and perhaps even 5th, which would effectively double our chances at a top-4 pick.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#3 » by cjmcallist » Mon Feb 6, 2023 12:22 pm

Xatticus wrote:The question is... do you tank right now?

This team has been so competitive all year long that I think it's tough to go that route, but I would completely understand if Presti did. I'm not sure exactly how you do it without sitting SGA though. Getting Poku back would help, but there isn't really anyone else on the roster that is significantly hurting the team.

For as much as this team has exceeded expectations up to this point, we are still sitting at 13th of 15th in the conference and 8th in the tankathon standings. This team could very easily move to at least 6th and perhaps even 5th, which would effectively double our chances at a top-4 pick.

Yes, please. This team has been fun but we need to pull the trigger.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Balkman32 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:04 pm

What a ride. It’s been 3 seasons since the Chris Paul playoff run. 236 games later the Thunder are in the play in. It’s unbelievable how quick Presti was able to turn this around. The team is so young and they play the right way. The future is so bright. Let’s win these two games and give Denver everything we have.

Is there any chance Chet plays?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Balkman32 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:11 pm

It’s over!! We did it. Enjoy the next 15 years of the playoffs!

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder