All Things Thunder Offseason Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,663

Re: All Things Thunder Offseason Thread 

Post#601 » by Clav » Sat Oct 7, 2023 8:45 am

Okc needs to trim roster by 4... so yeah, we have our TW guys... the rest of the roster needs a cut.

I'm guessing that Poku White Oladipo and Wiggins are the removed players.

Victor will be waived? He's injured and unless the thunder claim DPE he is gone. Disabled player exception might be the only loophole to keep him on the roster. It doesn't help that much as we'd have to use that to sign another player temporarily.

Wiggins is not gonna be traded bc he was a number 55 pick and trading him for a SRP is just foolish because of he's waived any team can just pick him up, if not waived then a better player on our roster will be waived lol

I have been a fan of his work ethic and hustle but truth be told he's still a project in the NBA. Plus his contact is non guaranteed.

And Poku maybe can return that SRP, not a great look for his career but yeah I'd rather have JRE who is a hard worker and more available on the roster. Poku just can't stay healthy and I'm inclined to use that roster spot on Mann and Joe, who are by all accounts going to get minutes and opportunities to shoot right out of the gate. Poku is now a big question mark until December.. sad days.

Finally Jack White, who was randomly signed by I think Okc just eats that minor cap hit
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#602 » by Devilanche » Sat Oct 7, 2023 11:17 am

38-44. I think we will remain around 50% win all season but whether we finish strong or not depends on how the team develop.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#603 » by ThunderCeltic » Sat Oct 7, 2023 3:28 pm

Fan Appreciation Day is at the Paycom Center tomorrow and Monday is the first exhibition game against San Antone. Plus all the new buildings/construction downtown, OKC is literally booming and the citizens vote in November on a new arena.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#604 » by retrobro90 » Sat Oct 7, 2023 4:52 pm

I did my roster math wrong. I thought we had already cut Dipo so yeah I bet Poku stays.
Clav
Starter

Post#605 » by Clav » Mon Oct 9, 2023 7:02 pm

These preseason games are pretty critical for a few of the guys on the roster. How much of the starters will we see ? Probablt 15-25 minutes for the first group but up in the air for everyone else. Should be a really fun game today vs SAS
Cheers
\m/
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,146

Post#606 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:26 am

so excited about Chet right now damn.

Not so much about Cason..
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#607 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:36 am

Bertans is such a great fit for us. Think he will play really well (not enough to rehab his trade value but whatever could help us during the season)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,225

Post#608 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:48 am

Dadouv47 wrote:so excited about Chet right now damn.

Even the picks by Presti that I didn’t expect I could understand after I thought about them. Cason is the one exception to that. Not saying who want be a capable player but I’m not afraid to admit that he wouldn’t have been my pick and I still find it a bit perplexing.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#609 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:12 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

Even the picks by Presti that I didn’t expect I could understand after I thought about them. Cason is the one exception to that. Not saying who want be a capable player but I’m not afraid to admit that he wouldn’t have been my pick and I still find it a bit perplexing.

well he makes sense if we move on from Dort but I don't think that's what Presti is willing to do
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#610 » by kdthunderup » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:37 am

If Chet stays healthy he is gonna be something. So excited to pair him with our exisiting core.

I thought Cason was pretty solid without standing out much. He was strong on defence and didn’t force things offensively.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#611 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:46 am

kdthunderup wrote:

If Chet stays healthy he is gonna be something. So excited to pair him with our exisiting core.

I thought Cason was pretty solid without standing out much. He was strong on defence and didn’t force things offensively.

I doubt Chet won't be an all star kind of player if he stays healthy. He got almost everything you want from a modern big
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#612 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:49 am

Chet is fearless, works hard and have high expectations from himself. Reminds me of Shai and JDub to a lesser extent. That's the kind of player you want on your team. He will be great if he stays healthy, no question about that.

...but he's another big injury away from being in huge trouble so I'm obviously worried about that.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#613 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:20 am

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#614 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:32 am

Read on Twitter
Clav
Starter

Post#615 » by Clav » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:10 am

Awesome game, honestly lots of good things to say even though they gave up 80 in the first half :lol:

Had a pre-season feel but Holmgren was the star for OKC for sure. OKC tried to give every player some initiation and offensive focus, and I think overall those questions can be answered a bit more. Jdub had some bad TOs [before some insane great plays], Holmgren took some weird falls but showed out big time, and Giddey didn't look to really score but passed really well. Bertans came out launching, but keep in mind if he's 0-for-4 we're going to say a lot about his uselessness. Wallace wasn't forcing, and it looked like a good tune-up for most the guys. Lots of players in action tonight.
Cheers
\m/
Big nick
Junior
And1: 319

Post#616 » by Big nick » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:46 pm

That was a fun game. Chet was amazing jdub was pretty good Mann was fair. I hope I am wrong about dieng but he just doesn't seem to have a motor it's like he's just barely awake. My take on vw he will be a star but I don't like that cock crap and that take down of jdub after the whistle was uncalled for. Jre will be cut.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#617 » by retrobro90 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:43 pm

Kinda shocked at the Cason hate in here. I was at the game last night and there's no question he made a big impact on the rest of the team every time he touched the floor. Won multiple effort plays. Great dump off dime, a dunk, great defense. He's a rookie thrusted into the starting 5 in a preseason game and he for sure held his own.

Chet was a monster for sure. Felt like he had even more space to operate than he did in SL. Not dribbling into 3 collapsing defenders. Opportunities in every area and not forcing anything. I love how flexible he gets under the rim and how many different angles he's able to reliably finish from. Tough mudder too after taking that shot to the teeth.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,225

Post#618 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:17 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Kinda shocked at the Cason hate in here. I was at the game last night and there's no question he made a big impact on the rest of the team every time he touched the floor. Won multiple effort plays. Great dump off dime, a dunk, great defense. He's a rookie thrusted into the starting 5 in a preseason game and he for sure held his own.

Chet was a monster for sure. Felt like he had even more space to operate than he did in SL. Not dribbling into 3 collapsing defenders. Opportunities in every area and not forcing anything. I love how flexible he gets under the rim and how many different angles he's able to reliably finish from. Tough mudder too after taking that shot to the teeth.

In regard to my comments it's not that I hate Cason or think he'll be a bust. Last year seemed like the last year we could have top ten pick with our own pick for the foreseeable future. I'd have swung higher than a Dort-replacement. I'm rooting for him even if my expectations aren't overly high.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#619 » by retrobro90 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:Kinda shocked at the Cason hate in here. I was at the game last night and there's no question he made a big impact on the rest of the team every time he touched the floor. Won multiple effort plays. Great dump off dime, a dunk, great defense. He's a rookie thrusted into the starting 5 in a preseason game and he for sure held his own.

In regard to my comments it's not that I hate Cason or think he'll be a bust. Last year seemed like the last year we could have top ten pick with our own pick for the foreseeable future. I'd have swung higher than a Dort-replacement. I'm rooting for him even if my expectations aren't overly high.

I hear where you're coming from but outside of Whitmore and mayyyybe Dariq Whitehead I don't know if there was a guy that I'd personally deem to have higher potential than Cason at 10 (who many dubbed a young Jrue Holiday). Seems like Whitmore's agent got him to Houston or at the very least waved some unfavorable medical in front of everyone who didn't select him in the lotto. Whitehead had a mostly forgettable season at Duke and was almost all theoretical based on if he could reclaim his highschool athleticism. I think Wallace can do a lot though. Positionally it doesnt really matter where he slots in (whether its at Dort's starting backcourt position or not). If he can prove that he's a capable passer/dribbler/shooter/defender at the NBA level then he's gonna stick around and in a way thats desirable for any team in the league
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#620 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:13 pm

Cason Wallace is exactly what we needed. For now a backup for Lu and when Dort will be traded, Wallace will replace him.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder