ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,280

Re: All Things Thunder Offseason Thread 

Post#581 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:24 pm

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:I like our logo :dontknow:
especially our current uniforms

From what I understood from his media day comments, Sam likes it too. So you won't be dealing with a new logo any time soon. 8-)
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
The Servant
Senior
And1: 705

Post#582 » by The Servant » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:05 pm

On the topic of logo/colors and jerseys.. I love the colors and jerseys, the logo is plain and has always left a bit to be desired. The franchise is still new though and I dont mind continuity to build an identity with the branding.

I do like the simplicity of it, its pretty minimalist.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 351

Post#583 » by Big nick » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:49 pm

I like the logo but the season needs to get here soon.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#584 » by jake_swivel » Mon Oct 2, 2023 2:20 pm

The top 4 this year are going to be pretty interesting. Bucks, Suns, Celtics, and nuggets are stacked. It’s going to be a fun year for the nba this season.

And I think the blazers are going to be our rivals for the next decade or so. They are knocking this rebuild out of the park. And they still have assets incoming for brogdon and jerami.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,975

Post#585 » by Xatticus » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:40 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

From what I understood from his media day comments, Sam likes it too. So you won't be dealing with a new logo any time soon. 8-)

I don't really get it. It's somehow busy yet bland and the whole orange and blue thing is already strongly identifiable with other organizations (Mets, Gators, Knicks). This wouldn't be much of an issue if one of those wasn't already an NBA franchise.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#586 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 3, 2023 12:52 pm

Xatticus wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

I don't really get it. It's somehow busy yet bland and the whole orange and blue thing is already strongly identifiable with other organizations (Mets, Gators, Knicks). This wouldn't be much of an issue if one of those wasn't already an NBA franchise.

I've always thought it looks like a cartoon superhero logo. Some of our christmas day uniforms have been amazing. I prefer a simpler, classic look.

Spoiler:
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#587 » by jake_swivel » Tue Oct 3, 2023 2:52 pm

I love the simple navy cursive one.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#588 » by jake_swivel » Tue Oct 3, 2023 11:16 pm

What are our win predictions, fellas?
Big nick
Junior

Post#589 » by Big nick » Wed Oct 4, 2023 12:06 am

I will go first 45 wins and get the 5th or 6th seed for playoffs.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,257

Post#590 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 12:14 am

38-42 wins. I think we will be better than last season by a small margin but the West is gonna be way more competitive and teams will tank a lot less too.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#591 » by jake_swivel » Wed Oct 4, 2023 12:21 am

:)

Big nick
Junior

Post#592 » by Big nick » Wed Oct 4, 2023 12:57 am

49 would be NICE but I don't believe over 45. We will be a better team than last year but the west is loaded. People are saying sac are better than us I say bs. I don't even think gs will have a better record mainly because green will be out for a while.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,785

Post#593 » by Clav » Wed Oct 4, 2023 1:12 am

46-36

We're over 500, but not able to jump the elite teams in consistency. Best in guessing is 5th seed.

I listened to the entire presti press conference too. He tries to manage the teams approach to SM and talked a lot about how the team wasnt consistent throughout the year. They over performed by his metrics... they need to find ways to play their style and incorporate Holmgren into the team while still playing their style

He said a lot about developing isn't a straight line and it takes a lot of work to play your best and the play above your expectation... then you break that expectation.

He complimented the teams approach to their work and how they deal with distracting elements.

Didn't seem thrilled with Micic, but complimented Mann for being in the gym everyday. Funny though, one got a 3 year deal and the other sees the writing on the wall that he could be traded lol

Presti is good at saying nothing but talking a lot, reminds me one of my favorite professors who would make people hope and smile with his anecdotes but afterwards you didn't really actually learn anything new lol
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,257

Post#594 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 5:42 pm

Clav wrote:46-36

We're over 500, but not able to jump the elite teams in consistency. Best in guessing is 5th seed.

I listened to the entire presti press conference too. He tries to manage the teams approach to SM and talked a lot about how the team wasnt consistent throughout the year. They over performed by his metrics... they need to find ways to play their style and incorporate Holmgren into the team while still playing their style

He said a lot about developing isn't a straight line and it takes a lot of work to play your best and the play above your expectation... then you break that expectation.

He complimented the teams approach to their work and how they deal with distracting elements.

Didn't seem thrilled with Micic, but complimented Mann for being in the gym everyday. Funny though, one got a 3 year deal and the other sees the writing on the wall that he could be traded lol

Presti is good at saying nothing but talking a lot, reminds me one of my favorite professors who would make people hope and smile with his anecdotes but afterwards you didn't really actually learn anything new lol

The Micic story was weird before he signed and still getting bad vibes from it. Doesn't look like Presti really wanted him and it also looks like Micic wants to play somewhere else. I doubt he will stay in OKC for a long time...think he will be traded rather sooner than later.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#595 » by retrobro90 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 8:47 pm

Starting to get the feeling Poku may be on his way out either via trade or being cut. Tre Mann has had a very productive SL and training camp. I think everyone on the team really likes him and respects his game. The optics for the rest of the team might seem off if he's cut instead of Poku.

Also I'll guess 42-44 wins this year. I think we'll have improved overall but so has the rest of the west outside of Portland who was already mediocre. Think they'll still be playing big rotations of guys trying to experiment and find out what works and what doesn't. Gonna take time to integrate Chet and develop chemistry.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 90

Post#596 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Wed Oct 4, 2023 9:00 pm

43-39 7'seed. The west is loaded this year.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Oct 4, 2023 9:26 pm

I'm not going to put a number on it but I think our win total might be lower than expected but we will finish strong as long as injuries aren't major. Really the only thing I care about is winning enough games that I don't have to hear Presti say "we aren't a .500 team" for another year.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 90

Post#598 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Thu Oct 5, 2023 2:59 pm

What do you think who will be cut from the present roster. We have 21 players and the roster maximum is 18.
I think Oladipo is fix and than maybe White and Robinson-Earl.
Big nick
Junior

Post#599 » by Big nick » Fri Oct 6, 2023 1:53 am

Those three I think for sure.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

Post#600 » by getrichordie » Fri Oct 6, 2023 4:47 am

I think it is definitely Oladipo (obviously) and probably JRE. The only thing I think could happen is that Wiggins could get cut/traded. I say that because the Thunder are stacked at the guard position. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if some team calls up OKC and offers something of substance for Wiggins (or someone else) that Presti just can't say no to.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder