2024 NBA draft

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,548

Re: 2024 NBA draft 

Post#41 » by Devilanche » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:24 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:Well Utah has suddenly won 10 of their last 12 and their pick would currently convey. If season ended today, we'd have:

13th- Utah pick
14th- Houston pick
25th- LAC pick

OKC's own pick would go to Indiana. I can't decide if I want Utah's pick to convey this year or roll the dice on the pick in 2025 or 2026. The risk there is that if they stay bottom 8-10 for three years, you end up with nothing. In a perfect scenario unlikely as it may be, that pick would convey in 2026 as a lottery pick (9 or higher), so OKC can push that salary obligation down the road.

I want the Utah pick to convey. You never know what they are going to do next season and I don't want to take the risk that it won't ever convey. Sure it's a bad draft so pick 13rd would likely be something like pick 18 or 19 in a normal draft which is still fine.

If we end up with picks 13, 14 and 25, I would draft at 13, trade 14th for two future protected FRPs and then I have no clue what kind of value we could get for the 25th pick (maybe a meh role player in return but not likely we find a decent player for such a low pick)

Draft late teens

Trade the other for future firsts/seconds.

Trade down the 20+ for a future first and a second in this draft.

Draft with that second.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#42 » by Woerzboerg » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:29 am

I would either trade one or two of the three picks for future Assets or trade up to get someone like Cody Williams.
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#43 » by timO » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:49 am

Houston is starting to fall, i see a pick 7-10 coming from them.

Utah rises, can be a 11-14 if they dont tank on deadline.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 317

Post#44 » by Big nick » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:20 pm

I hope we can package those picks for cody williams I really like him, but we need a big.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,138

Post#45 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:11 pm

Big nick wrote:I hope we can package those picks for cody williams I really like him, but we need a big.

gonna be tough to move up to get him but I definitely think Presti will consider it. Presti wants to draft "people first" and JDub is kind of a role model: hard working guy, very smart. Every individual is different of course but education has a considerable impact so it should raise a bit Cody's draft stock (even if he already was a higher prospect than JDub at the same age).
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Post#46 » by Clav » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:38 am

Current update... 01/19/23 Where current 2024 picks fall:
OKC @ #26 [-> IND]
LAC @ #23 [-> OKC]
UTA @ #13 [-> OKC]
HOU @ #11 [-> OKC]

The Rockets are very close to CHI GSW BKN and ATL, I'm thinking GSW eventually passes HOU but those other teams are all curiously average by overall record.

UTA has had a great stretch of ball and are rising as of late, they are above LAL barely and a game behind ORL. I still think LA passes them but this pick is right on the line of conveyance so it's really important to watch where UTA ends up. I have heard Jazz fans say they want this pick to convey this year, something to keep an eye on.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
mr570
Senior
And1: 294

Post#47 » by mr570 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:44 am

Okay fk it how do we get Zvonimir Ivisic
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Devilanche » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:37 am

mr570 wrote:Okay fk it how do we get Zvonimir Ivisic

What it is about him that intrigue you ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
mr570
Senior

Post#49 » by mr570 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:38 am

Devilanche wrote:

Read on Twitter
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#50 » by Devilanche » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:42 am

mr570 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

Read on Twitter

Quick read suggest if he even continue half his first game promise , he’s probably going in top 5.
mr570
Senior

Post#51 » by mr570 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:43 am

Devilanche wrote:
mr570 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:What it is about him that intrigue you ?

Read on Twitter

Quick read suggest if he even continue half his first game promise , he’s probably going in top 5.

I think he's going first overall tbh
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,963

Post#52 » by shakes0 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:22 pm

mr570 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
mr570 wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol has he even scored a single basket since that initial 10 minute outburst?

I'm all in on the Cody Williams train, but admittedly don't follow the Euros till they get here. In a draft this weak, the only sure thing I see is the Williams family gene pool. Cody is better than Jalen at the same age. He's even taller. I hope OKC does whatever they can to put the brothers together.

Maybe Giddey + 3 FRPs will get it done?
mr570
Senior

Post#53 » by mr570 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:39 pm

shakes0 wrote:
mr570 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Quick read suggest if he even continue half his first game promise , he’s probably going in top 5.

I'm all in on the Cody Williams train, but admittedly don't follow the Euros till they get here. In a draft this weak, the only sure thing I see is the Williams family gene pool. Cody is better than Jalen at the same age. He's even taller. I hope OKC does whatever they can to put the brothers together.

Maybe a reactionary statement on my part lol. I’m just fascinated with the Chet/Wemby/modern five archetype and for - just a game at least! - he looked like it!

I don’t think there’s any world where we can position ourselves to draft Cody this year.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:32 pm

shakes0 wrote:
mr570 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Quick read suggest if he even continue half his first game promise , he’s probably going in top 5.

How many minutes have he played since that initial debut 2 weeks ago ?

If the top end of the draft is as flawed as they are saying still time for him to climb up that ranking.
Big nick
Junior

Post#55 » by Big nick » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:35 pm

shakes0 wrote:
mr570 wrote:

I am also a big fan of cody hope we can move up for him. But would by far rather draft sarr but no way to move up that far I don't think.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:57 pm

Big nick wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
mr570 wrote:I think he's going first overall tbh

I am also a big fan of cody hope we can move up for him. But would by far rather draft sarr but no way to move up that far I don't think.

If we are around 11-14 probably can explore move to 7-10 my guess. Move up a tier . Not sure about moving into top 5.
Big nick
Junior

Post#57 » by Big nick » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:35 am

Devilanche wrote:
Big nick wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

If we are around 11-14 probably can explore move to 7-10 my guess. Move up a tier . Not sure about moving into top 5.

Yes I agree to get in the top five would take some major assets.
Zagor
Junior
And1: 101

Post#58 » by Zagor » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:04 pm

I contemplated a little bit today about what will Presti do in off-season and whom is he going to draft.

With Cason's rising, I think Dort is becoming expendable. Cason is cheaper and better shooter.
This draft has some interesting young guards who could be great bench guys. Witch Micic gone, there is slight need for a guard that can run pick n' roll. Reed Shepard, Rob Dillingham and Isaiah Collier will be available in range 8-14.
Shepard is a short guard, but excellent defender and shooter. I think one of them will be drafted.

Joe and Wiggins will probably resign, Hayward also for MLE. Big move will be trading Giddey, Dort and multiple future picks for someone like Mikal Bridges and veteran center. Maybe not precisely Mikal, but someone in that quality range.

I think other pick will be used for a best available proscpect.

So we would have starting five Shai, Cason, Bridges, J-Dub and Chet.
Bench: Sheppard, Joe, Wiggins, Hayward, Kenrich, veteran center, J-Will, Dieng and X-prospect.

In my humble opinion, this deadline was first step in preparing for aggresive move in summer.
mr570
Senior

Post#59 » by mr570 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:32 pm

Please don't read my embarrassing Ivisic comments. Might even report myself. Thank you no further questions.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#60 » by retrobro90 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:05 pm

Zagor wrote:I contemplated a little bit today about what will Presti do in off-season and whom is he going to draft.

With Cason's rising, I think Dort is becoming expendable. Cason is cheaper and better shooter.
This draft has some interesting young guards who could be great bench guys. Witch Micic gone, there is slight need for a guard that can run pick n' roll. Reed Shepard, Rob Dillingham and Isaiah Collier will be available in range 8-14.
Shepard is a short guard, but excellent defender and shooter. I think one of them will be drafted.

Joe and Wiggins will probably resign, Hayward also for MLE. Big move will be trading Giddey, Dort and multiple future picks for someone like Mikal Bridges and veteran center. Maybe not precisely Mikal, but someone in that quality range.

I think other pick will be used for a best available proscpect.

So we would have starting five Shai, Cason, Bridges, J-Dub and Chet.
Bench: Sheppard, Joe, Wiggins, Hayward, Kenrich, veteran center, J-Will, Dieng and X-prospect.

In my humble opinion, this deadline was first step in preparing for aggresive move in summer.

I'd take Sheppard for sure. He's probably got one of the highest floors of anyone in the draft.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder