Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Re: OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#2401 » by Devilanche » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:50 am

Yea surprised it’s even still close.

Need to do better though .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Post#2402 » by Clav » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:52 am

This is what a back to back feels like So many of our guys are missing right now. The entire bench has made one shot out of 15 and Jdub hasn
't made a shot either. :(
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#2403 » by Old Man Game » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:25 pm

Our team is weird. They occasionally act as though they've never seen an NBA defense.
OKC2008
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#2404 » by OKC2008 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:41 pm

1-1 in a b2b on the road against Western teams is a good result
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#2405 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:30 pm

If the NBA is going to have teams play in back to backs, I really wish they would do more to make it more even. Playing the second night of a back to back on the road against a team that isn't on a back to back is a scenario that needs to go away. There are several ways this could be done.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Clav
Starter

Post#2406 » by Clav » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:If the NBA is going to have teams play in back to backs, I really wish they would do more to make it more even. Playing the second night of a back to back on the road against a team that isn't on a back to back is a scenario that needs to go away. There are several ways this could be done.

Maybe I'm biased against the Lakers (probable) but they always seem to have a decent handful of games where teams are b2b from one of these locations [sac/phx/utah/lac/gsw/por] and LA has them at home on the second half.

Visiting teams go to LAC one night, and then goes to play LAL the next, etc.... [it has the same feel on the East Coast too, with BKN NYK BOS and PHL so close.]

I don't have #s for this so take it with a grain of salt, but I often look at teams' schedules durng their west coast trips, and the two LA teams get thrown in often for b2bs for the visitors on their one/only or their second/final west coast road trips. Both teams get kind of equal numbers of B2Bs, but obviously, they get some benefit here collectively from the scheduling. This is one of those times....
Cheers
\m/
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2407 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:48 pm

Clav wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:If the NBA is going to have teams play in back to backs, I really wish they would do more to make it more even. Playing the second night of a back to back on the road against a team that isn't on a back to back is a scenario that needs to go away. There are several ways this could be done.

Maybe I'm biased against the Lakers (probable) but they always seem to have a decent handful of games where teams are b2b from one of these locations [sac/phx/utah/lac/gsw/por] and LA has them at home on the second half.

Visiting teams go to LAC one night, and then goes to play LAL the next, etc.... [it has the same feel on the East Coast too, with BKN NYK BOS and PHL so close.]

I don't have #s for this so take it with a grain of salt, but I often look at teams' schedules durng their west coast trips, and the two LA teams get thrown in often for b2bs for the visitors on their one/only or their second/final west coast road trips. Both teams get kind of equal numbers of B2Bs, but obviously, they get some benefit here collectively from the scheduling. This is one of those times....

I think it's done in an attempt to maximize team's time so they aren't making long flights across the country mutliple times or staying out west for two weeks at a time. It does make me wonder about the numbers.

Imo, the league needs to do a better job of making sure both teams are coming off a back to back or only the home team. This isn't an overraction to last night. I've thought this for a while. I'm sure we have been the beneficiary at times as well.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Clav
Starter

Post#2408 » by Clav » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:38 am

It all *kind-of* balances out in the end as each team battles with travel all season, and it's not like LA gets an easy pass to fly to Memphis or Miami, Toronto.... but totally agree with the sentiment here.
Cheers
\m/
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#2409 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:24 am

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/news/oklahoma-city-needs-more-production-from-isaiah-joe-down-the-stretch

I'm a lit bit concerned about Isaiah Joe's performances the last weeks. His shooting is going down. Ok I know he is much more than a shooter. His hustling , rebound , steals and even blocks , taking charges are exemplary. I'm really a great fan from him. Therefore I'm a little bit afraid, that he will lost playing time. We really need his three pointers, especially in games like this one in LA recently.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,964

Post#2410 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:01 pm

Mr Thunder Nick wrote:https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/news/oklahoma-city-needs-more-production-from-isaiah-joe-down-the-stretch

I'm a lit bit concerned about Isaiah Joe's performances the last weeks. His shooting is going down. Ok I know he is much more than a shooter. His hustling , rebound , steals and even blocks , taking charges are exemplary. I'm really a great fan from him. Therefore I'm a little bit afraid, that he will lost playing time. We really need his three pointers, especially in games like this one in LA recently.

I would start him in place of Giddey.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#2411 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:05 pm

Finally got around to seeing the Lakers game. Can't do these late night games so I gotta go off the grid and make it through the whole next day without seeing the result before I get home from work and get to see tghe game. Will do it again tonight for the Blazers game.

I think the reason OKC lost to LAL was obvious. It was JDub's fault. First half he comes out with two same colored shoes for the first time in what has to be at least a 2-3 months if not longer. Two green shoes. Before that every game I can remember he had two different colored shoes on. Then at half time he must've realized his major screw up cause he came out for the 2nd half in two different colored shoes. But by then the damage had already been done.
Clav
Starter

Post#2412 » by Clav » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:55 pm

I agree, shakes. This is compelling evidence ;)
Cheers
\m/
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#2413 » by shakes0 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:52 pm

went so deep off the grid last night I forgot to record the game. Watched the highlights this morning. Saw JDub was back to different colored shoes on each foot so I knew OKC was gonna win.

Looks like Portland was missing some key guys, but a win's a win. Looking forward to picking up 2 wins this weekend. Bonus points cause one will be vs Miami. Always fun seeing that punk franchise lose.
Clav
Starter

Post#2414 » by Clav » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:22 pm

There's some chance here for OKC to secure the No. 1 or No. 2 seed with a good home stretch. The Thunder play five of the next six of at home, with the Away game being Memphis. Some tough matchups, but some winnables ones, too... including the Pacers 2x. OKC has yet to play @ BOS, MIL x2, MIA x1, + Kings and Mavs near end of year.

Meanwhile, unfortunately for the Wolves, KAT has a torn meniscus and they are embarking on a 6-game road trip tonight with stops in IND, CLE, one game vs each LA team in LA, and two games in Utah. The Wolves and Nuggets still play each other 3 more times. Wolves also play PHX two more times. It's not that easy for them. I expect a dip.

DEN has an easier looking schedule, including Boston tonight, Wolves 3x in the future, Suns, Cavs, Dallas, and Knicks remain, but still they trail by one game after losing to PHX. They need to start putting pressure on OKC to get the No. 1 seed.

The Clippers have a mixed schedule, 2.5 games back of No. 1, and includes matches vs MIL, MIN, NOLA, PHL x2, Kings, Nuggets, Cavs, Suns x2. Some other easier wins like Charlotte in there as well.
Cheers
\m/
lethalizer
Junior
And1: 304

Post#2415 » by lethalizer » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:13 am

Another solid win last night.

I'm baffled by the "Hayward at center" lineups though. Two games in a row now, and not like we generate efficient offense with those lineups either. I hope those will be short experiments and won't become a regular thing.

Hayward seems to be gaining confidence, if he attempts more catch and shoot threes moving forward that can only be a positive development. He had a very rough starts, but seems to be coming along.

Mark still has another month or so to properly integrate him to the offensive system. If it happens, OKC will be a much tougher playoff out for sure.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2416 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:51 am

Good win. Our bench production seems to be shrinking.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#2417 » by Old Man Game » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:31 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Good win. Our bench production seems to be shrinking.

Joe had been so up and down
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2418 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:12 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Good win. Our bench production seems to be shrinking.

Joe had been so up and down

A few months ago we seemed so deep but now it feels joes the oppose. Squandering Micic, Kenrich's decline, Cason's normal rookie inconsistenices, Joe's up and down nature and acquiring the corpse of Hayward has really changed my feeling about the bench. The more time that passes the more annoyed I become at the trade deadline decisions.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#2419 » by slick_watts » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:17 pm

teams are invested strongly in preventing the joe / shai pnr's occurring. shai is getting trapped, and even getting frustrated sometimes trying to make something happen. thunder need to find other ways to open up the offense in those units.
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Post#2420 » by RingoKid » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:01 am

I don't mind seeing Memphis get stomped until their useless Coach gets his matching orders.

Morant, Smart and Bane won't make a difference to that team cos the coach falls apart in the playoffs.

Hoping Adams can regain top form and gets traded from Houston to a legit contender next year.

Thunder look legit good as a regular season team. As a playoff team...who knows ?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder