Post#1 » by Balkman32 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Re: Mann 

Post#2 » by Clav » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:03 pm

Lol Chet is backing his dude. It's a signal to ownership, Mann has skill in the eyes of Holmgren. I love Mann's offensive creativity he's just a **** defender until proving me wrong.

Also Jdub's kicks look like pillows.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Clav
Starter

Post#3 » by Clav » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:56 pm

Now Mann has been traded. This can be the unofficial, or official, whatever, Appreciation Thread for Tre Mann.

Drafted as a 2021 1R pick #18 he was kind of a surprise selection for our team. At least for me. Hadn't really followed Florida that season and knew little of his game.

If we REDRAFT 2021, there's obvious picks that were better than Mann later in the draft. Many teams, for example, would have selected Herbert Jones who was a 2nd rounder.

Among his 21 draft class, it's unfortunate, but Mann has been the 2nd worst player by VORP over this span. The worst ? Davion Mitchell (#9). Both were selected in the first round. Mann so far is 44th of 56th eligible players for box plus/minus. A highlight ? Tre Mann recorded a triple double vs Memphis (24/12r/12a) at the end of last season which is pretty cool, but it was kind of a meaningless April game where we played 8 guys only.

Revising the 2021 draft, at our position and timeline, I would have liked Presti to draft Jalen Johnson, Santi Aldama, or Day'Ron Sharpe instead of another gunner. Oh well! Mann goes in the 2nd Round in a redraft for sure. Presti could have also drafted Trey Murphy III. Crazy **** that we targeted Mann instead, a bad miss in my evaluation of Presti and Co.. Don't get me started on Alperen S... another miss.

We've even had Jared Butler (#40), Garuba (#23) and Jeremiah Robinson Earl (#32) on our team along with Giddey and Wiggins #55. We also traded McBride and Rokas Jokubaitis :lol:
*Fun fact, Aaron Wiggins has 1192 career points scored. Guess who has 1191? Tre Mann. :lol:

Though the first two guys were not long for the roster, Butler has been a better player than Mann if you look at his impact and we cut at some point. We also drafted and traded Sengun, who is probably a top-3 player in this draft so far.
Cheers
\m/
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#4 » by cjmcallist » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:16 am

Farewell Mann! I had high hopes. Still think he’ll carve out a career somewhere.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 317

Post#5 » by Big nick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:45 am

Yes good luck I hope it works out for him. What I always liked about him was his handle.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#6 » by retrobro90 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:05 am

Not hard to understand why he was a popular member of the team. He's an absolute hooper. Extremely skilled. Ferocious dunks and miles of space on wet step backs. Probably great personality too and he hadn't got the opportunity to shine because realistically we didn't have the correct job opportunity for his services. Seems like it's still all love organizationally though and I think this'll be another symbiotic both teams win transaction.

What are the odds that he somehow becomes a better starting option than Lamelo? Clear who's more established currently but Melo constantly out. They're an odd pairing. (no defense, sorta selfish offense unto themselves if they had the green light at least)
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#7 » by Devilanche » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:35 am

Hope he get more playing time. Deserve a shot to stay in the league.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Clav
Starter

Post#8 » by Clav » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:22 am

To add to retrobro's point, Mann does have explosive athleticism and offensive handle. He has a place in the league. He can shoot it decently. I think in Charlotte, they should be thrilled to put him out there and give some extra dimension to their team. Though, Rozier III was kind of in that role, Mann has the ability to be that kind of player (even if Rozier has never been a decent defender, he's had a place in the NBA for many years).
Cheers
\m/
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#9 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:21 am

retrobro90 wrote:Not hard to understand why he was a popular member of the team. He's an absolute hooper. Extremely skilled. Ferocious dunks and miles of space on wet step backs. Probably great personality too and he hadn't got the opportunity to shine because realistically we didn't have the correct job opportunity for his services. Seems like it's still all love organizationally though and I think this'll be another symbiotic both teams win transaction.

What are the odds that he somehow becomes a better starting option than Lamelo? Clear who's more established currently but Melo constantly out. They're an odd pairing. (no defense, sorta selfish offense unto themselves if they had the green light at least)

Mann has been great for Charlotte, but the talent gap between him and Lamelo is just astonishing. Lol
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Clav
Starter

Post#10 » by Clav » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:29 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:Not hard to understand why he was a popular member of the team. He's an absolute hooper. Extremely skilled. Ferocious dunks and miles of space on wet step backs. Probably great personality too and he hadn't got the opportunity to shine because realistically we didn't have the correct job opportunity for his services. Seems like it's still all love organizationally though and I think this'll be another symbiotic both teams win transaction.

Mann has been great for Charlotte, but the talent gap between him and Lamelo is just astonishing. Lol

I haven't caught many of his games with Charlotte, what stands out for you with Mann ?

I saw he's put up some good numbers (And Micic too!) there's def something there for Charlotte to like
Cheers
\m/

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder