Jeremiah Robinson-Earl Appreciation Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,663

Jeremiah Robinson-Earl Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by Clav » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:45 pm

In two quick seasons with the OKC Thunder, JRE is now sent to Houston. In his place, the OKC group must pay Kevin Porter Jr 15 or so Million and they receive two SRPs. Oladipo's 8M contract also sent off in this trade. So in essence, OKC is paying about 5 million for those two future SRPs.

JRE was a 32nd overall selection in the 2021 Draft and played admirably for the team. I think we all knew he was a kind of stop-gap player until OKC's ceiling improved but he fought hard for those minutes vs Isaiah Roby and Poku

In those two seasons he avg'd 7/5/1A to the tune of 658 points.

I always liked JRE's fundamental moves around the basket, and he did shoot 34% from 3, which isn't great but it's better than 29% ;).
I often followed the OKC Blue games if they are available and JRE put in work there too. IMO, JRE is a tier above GL talent, a solid bench player for deep minutes. He's not going to win iso matchups vs NBA starters but he can provide reliable play overall.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Re: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by Devilanche » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:02 am

I just hope he recovered enough from his injuries to start establishing a consistent role on a team somewhere.

There’s an nba player there, just not on this team .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,829

Post#3 » by QPR » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:02 am

Waived by Houston now.

Hope the two second rounders were worth the poor optics for Presti.
Clav
Starter

Post#4 » by Clav » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:03 pm

QPR wrote:Waived by Houston now.

Hope the two second rounders were worth the poor optics for Presti.

Yup saw that. It's a bit of a slimy move honestly, but in the end Houston could also have just waived KPJ. Instead they also made the decision to complete a transaction with OKC. Presti I'm sure does not care about the optics if they waive the guy immediately, that's his 'shield' if you will.... Same situation as OKC and Miles Leonard, receiving a 2027 SRP for him and immediately waiving him. With all the media driven storm of the NBA, these things get lost in the waves.

For my part, I'm hoping that this is the last time he does the "receive compensation for damaged assets who have sunk cost in the public eye or are just plainly **** people" move. It's not great optically even if he's trying to maximize assets bla bla bla. Just leave it off, those seconds don't mean anything to me, and are marginal to an NBA team's development (by and large). :lol:

That being said if you wish to discuss that trade more in detail we can in another thread, this was simply intended to shine a light on JRE's time in OKC.
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#5 » by Clav » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:34 pm

JRE signed a TW contract with NOLA Pelicans recently. Keep grinding at it.

In a recent game against OKC, JRE got a few points and the OKC bench, especially SGA were hyped that their guy is still out there balling. Godo to see the camaraderie.
Cheers
\m/

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder