Shai-r Jordan, a nickname suggestion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Shai-r Jordan, a nickname suggestion 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 5:57 am

Hello all, Nets fan here.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is too awesome, not to have an awesome nickname. SGA is boring, and the others I've heard don't have that buzz. I humbly submit:

SHAIR JORDAN

Is it derivative? In the best way, yes!

It's a nod to MJ, and to Shai being THAT level of superstar. Also, since Alexander is more of a passer than Michael, you get the playmaking "share" homonym aspect.

Do you like it? Then make it go viral!

Do you hate it, it feel indifferent about it? Then by all means, let this thread float to the bottom of your forum. Take care.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,663

Re: Shai-r Jordan, a nickname suggestion 

Post#2 » by Clav » Fri Dec 8, 2023 9:32 am

hullo, well,.... interesting idea but I think it needs a little work, respectfully...I'm not sure why we are putting Jordan's name in because there's not a clear line to why Shai would use that. I mean, I love Shai's game but he's not even been in a conference finals, how can we use the man's name who has won 6 titles. Their games have similarities but not exact connections..

(I appreciate the optimism, dont' worry). Shai maybe, needs a nickname like a little diction directed towards his shiftyness and / or his shot making ability before hes connected to Jordan. Shair is nice, but yeah, needs a little work on the total execution.

IMO SGA is uninspiring, initials are not that creative, but there is a nickname out there for him that's more fitting. Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Re: Shai-r Jordan, a nickname suggestion 

Post#3 » by RingoKid » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:00 am

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder