Playoffs Round One - (8) New Orleans v (1) Oklahoma City

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,713

Playoffs Round One - (8) New Orleans v (1) Oklahoma City 

Post#1 » by Clav » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:14 pm

A great series ahead for our team, the first seed Thunder vs the eight seed Pelicans

Let's break off the reg season thread and put our playoff discussions here!

Series schedule

Here’s how to watch the Pelicans vs. Thunder series:

All times Eastern Standard Time

Game 1: Pelicans vs. Thunder; Sunday, April 21 (9:30 p.m, TNT)
Game 2: Pelicans vs. Thunder; Wednesday, April 24 (9:30 p.m., TNT)
Game 3: Thunder vs. Pelicans; Saturday, April 27 (3:30 p.m., TNT)
Game 4: Thunder vs. Pelicans; Monday, April 29 (TBD, TBD)
Game 5: Pelicans vs. Thunder; Wednesday, May 1 (TBD, TBD)*
Game 6: Thunder vs. Pelicans; Friday, May 3 (TBD, TBD)*
Game 7: Pelicans vs. Thunder; Sunday, May 5 (TBD, TBD)*
* = If necessary
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Clav
Starter

Re: Playoffs Round One - (8) New Orleans v (1) Oklahoma City 

Post#2 » by Clav » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 pm

Game one was pretty close. Have to believe we played one of the least composed games in the first half I've seen in a while. Everything looked pressure filled for the Thunder.

Rebounding issue is a glaring weakness in these PO situations, JV has 20 rebs! That being said NOLA still lost the game 94-92 due to late 4Q execution and SGA hitting the tough shot, Chet with the clutch block before. Come on guys, don't be shy here :)
Cheers
\m/
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,971

Post#3 » by Xatticus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 pm

I thought we looked bad. It looked like guys were trying to make plays instead of trusting the system. The rebounding issues are more a function of how we play defense and it’s difficult to argue with the results. If we continue to play the way we did in that game, then we are going to struggle in this series, but I doubt that will be the case. That really wasn’t indicative of how this team has played throughout the year, with the exception being that they closed it out. I expect that they will settle down and see out the series relatively easily.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Clav
Starter

Post#4 » by Clav » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 pm

Xatticus wrote:I thought we looked bad. It looked like guys were trying to make plays instead of trusting the system. The rebounding issues are more a function of how we play defense and it’s difficult to argue with the results. If we continue to play the way we did in that game, then we are going to struggle in this series, but I doubt that will be the case. That really wasn’t indicative of how this team has played throughout the year, with the exception being that they closed it out. I expect that they will settle down and see out the series relatively easily.

I agree, if this game is a template, we're going to drop a few for sure.

NOLA needs to get more production from Jones and Ingram because they missed a lot of easy ones, the corner threes are going to be important in G2.

Settling down and getting some offense running that results in fouls or points will be a better start for OKC, there was some sloppiness to begin G1. Definitely wasn't indicative of our RS play.
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#5 » by Clav » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 pm

I was unable to watch G2 bc I went to a show, but what a performance by our guys. We really shut down BI and McCollum for parts of the game and played OKC game.

Need confirmation from eye-test from you guys but here's some big factors OKC won

REBs +2
ASTs +9
STLs +2
TOs -9 (OKC had 9 fewer TOs than NOLA)
+7 3-pt made (equating to +21 pts)

Valanciunas had 2 Offensive boards, and it looks like he got them in the first half. 7 Boards total. AWESOME
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#6 » by Clav » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:53 pm

A SWEEP!

4-0 vs the Pelicans.

Story of the series.... a Tough game 1 where New Orleans fought tough, but lost very late on the heroics of SGA and Chet.

Game 2 and 3 OKC displayed high level poise to pull away and stifle the offense of the Pelicans to big wins.

Game 4, the Pelicans fought hard but committed too many TOs (A theme in the series), and lost late again due to Giddey and Jdub's big shots.

FIRST sweep since 2012 [DAL R1] and first playoff series win since 2016!! Let's gooooo
Cheers
\m/

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder