OKC hornets?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Joe Jackson
Analyst
And1: 0

OKC hornets? 

Post#1 » by Joe Jackson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:47 am

I'm a long long time Chicago Bulls fan living in tulsa.
And that's not going to change.

But I am real interested in our new local team and expect they will soon be my second choice.
As long as they're not playing the Bulls.
So far though it's sometimes sort of hard to make the association with the new team and remember its not the Hornets. Because even though I'm a big Bulls fan and the buzzers were only temporary they still attracted my attention while they were here.
I keep thinking its Oklahoma City when I see an article about the Hornets and then I have to remember that they aren't the Seattle Sonics anymore when I see something about somebody on the new team.
Anybody else having any lapses like that.

Won't take long to get used to them once the season starts though I don't think.
It would probably make the transition a little easier if they would hurry up and come up with a name for the new team.

This team has got some talent and if they get some good coaching I think they might develop pretty quickly with the support they are going to get right off the git go here.
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Re: OKC hornets? 

Post#2 » by wizkid27 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Totally know what you mean...

I was looking at summer league stats for OKC. I brought up the "Hornets" link, started looking, tried to figure out who on the OKC team J Wright was (of course, Julian Wright on the Hornets). And then remembered...

I agree that starting the season or even a dang team name would help this process along. It will probably be this way for several months though, before everyone gets used to the new team.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder