Ben Gordon next year anyone?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Takuya Kimura
Junior
And1: 12

Ben Gordon next year anyone? 

Post#1 » by Takuya Kimura » Mon Oct 6, 2008 3:00 pm

Since BG would be an unrestricted free agent next year,could we use the cap space and sign him?

Offensively he would fit great as he's a much needed SG to get KD back to his natural SF position.
Also,he's a nice 3-point shooter.Finally,he can share the work load of KD on offense.

Defensively he's not a problem if (hopefully) Westbrook does well on defense and guard the 2.

Gordon anyone?
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: Ben Gordon next year anyone? 

Post#2 » by sonic-ben » Mon Oct 6, 2008 10:14 pm

possible....

But We would need a 6-6 Guard for defense at times that can shoot from outside and play defense

Weaver could play the point as a back up... terrible shooter at this time
unless He shoots 2000 shots a day this summer
Go cougs
DrInsanity
Freshman

Post#3 » by DrInsanity » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:15 am

I would if he wasn't asking for a ridiculous contract. I'd give him 6mil 5yrs, to be a six man. That's it.
JO_CB_FTW
Junior

Post#4 » by JO_CB_FTW » Tue Oct 7, 2008 2:16 am

I really like Ben Gordon with Deng, their combo works really great. Imagine Gordon with Durant. That would be crazy!
Takuya Kimura
Junior
And1: 12

Post#5 » by Takuya Kimura » Tue Oct 7, 2008 4:55 am

DrInsanity wrote:I would if he wasn't asking for a ridiculous contract. I'd give him 6mil 5yrs, to be a six man. That's it.

If I were OKC I would feel acceptable for overpaying him a little bit not only or his quality but also coz he would fit great.

And also,could we land Boozer?
Radiohead311
Senior

Post#6 » by Radiohead311 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:11 am

Don't want Ben Gordon at all. Not even for 6 million per.
london sonic
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by london sonic » Thu Oct 9, 2008 11:46 pm

Depends on the contract offered the 12 mil for six yrs he wanted from the Bulls is just insane .although comments to the press he detailed playing time at the Bulls was a problem.he doesnt want to be 6th man.maybe if salary demands drastically dropped and I mean DRASTICALLY for guaranteed playing time with OKC id be a bit interested.But overall I believe hes not defensive enough for the new regime.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#8 » by Joel Embust » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Trigger happy Ben Gordon would not be a good fit with trigger happy Durant in the lineup.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#9 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 pm

Westbrook, Gordon, Durant....

Kidd, Carter, Jefferson....

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng....

I don't see it working all that well, you need to find a defencive stopper @ the shooting guard position who can nail the open 3. I'd be more focussed on throwing money at Carlos Boozer (long shot I know) and drafting BJ Mullens. If you could make that happen in the offseason and maybe get a trade like Wilcox for Raja Bell you'd look alot healthier:

BJ Mullens / Jonah Petro
Carlos Boozer / Nick Collison
Kevin Durant / Jeff Green
Raja Bell / Damien Wilkins
Russell Westbrook / Earl Watson

That team would be a force in three years..
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#10 » by wizkid27 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:25 am

Being a big Suns fan until they brought in Shaq... I really have to disagree about Bell. Although I see, and somewhat agree with your overall point, Bell has really fallen off in the last year or so and has become an above average 3 point shooter and defender (as opposed to a year or two ago when he was a very good 3 pt shooter and a great perimeter defender).
gr3en
Rookie
And1: 18

Post#11 » by gr3en » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:42 am

Ben Gordon should not expect to be paid more than Kevin Martin who is better and has a reasonable contract of around $10M a year.

But with that said I think Ben Gordon could be a good fit for you guys. He and Westbrook could develop into a nice backcourt.

If you draft PF Blake Griffin and make a couple of moves to get a defensive minded Center like Okafor since the Bobcats are looking to cut costs and he has had a history of success with Ben Gordon(UConn NCAA Champs)

Okafor
Griffin
Durant
Gordon
Westbrook
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#12 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Gordon turned down $10 million from Bulls.

Then, according to some sources, the Bulls & Heat agreed on a sign & trade involving Gordon & Hughes for Marion & filler. The filler would be determined by the amount Ben signed for.

Heat then called off deal due to Ben's unrealistic salary demands. It is assumed Heat were offering the same as the Bulls - but Gordon was demanding 6 years/$75 million.

Next year it is believed that Thunder will be only team with the capacaity & desire to get him outright. (Grizz have no need of Ben). If Thunder pass on him, then Chicago will do a sign & trade to the team that comes closest to paying Ben's demands.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
88' Draft Pick
Junior
And1: 50

Post#13 » by 88' Draft Pick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:31 am

you can have gordon. that dude hasnt shown me anything the past few years besides a cocky attitude and some losing seasons in Chicago. I had higher expectations for him. He really isnt worth what he is asking in any shape or form.

Who all is available next off season? I think Thunder will have something like 18mil in cap space correct?
Free Soda Always
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:44 pm

88' Draft Pick wrote:you can have gordon. that dude hasnt shown me anything the past few years besides a cocky attitude and some losing seasons in Chicago. I had higher expectations for him. He really isnt worth what he is asking in any shape or form.

Who all is available next off season? I think Thunder will have something like 18mil in cap space correct?

Bulls do want Gordon - but NOT at his price.

Here are your salaries :

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages ... hunder.jsp

You have at least $25 million in cap space & can easily sign 2 major free agents.
- -- Chinese proverb
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:49 pm

As for who is available, here is the Real GM link

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2008/

WARNING: That list says 2008, but it is a list for after the 2008 season. It may not be totally accurrate. Use that list as a starting point. It may need to be updated
- -- Chinese proverb
88' Draft Pick
Junior
And1: 50

Post#16 » by 88' Draft Pick » Sat Nov 1, 2008 8:45 am

Well that list is a little dissapointing as far as the players available. Maybe look for the Presti to try and trade some of these expiring contracts. I could see Denver trading Iverson. Not that we would want him. But something like that could happen. Or Vince Carter maybe. Knicks are obviously trying to get rid of Marbury. But if that does not happen, then I say stay under the cap for a while until some better free agents become available.
Free Soda Always

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder