Non-Team USA Exhibition Games Thread

tysanity87
Junior
And1: 35

Re: Non-Team USA Exhibition Games Thread 

Post#41 » by tysanity87 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Brasil 64 x 62 Lithuania.

End game.

Nene and Valanciunas battle was very good.

A lot of mistakes for both teams.

Very excited for the Olympics!!

Sent from my XT1580 using RealGM mobile app
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Re: RE: Re: Non-Team USA Exhibition Games Thread 

Post#42 » by jptremblay » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:19 pm

tysanity87 wrote:
jptremblay wrote:Brazil always had have an amazing froncourt...Nene-Varejao, then Splitter...and now Felicio seems like a Big prospect, while Lima may have some NBA future in 2 or 3 years...
It's a pitty that its backcourt it's clearly ahead of the level of their frontcourt.
But as a spaniard, I have always liked Marquinhos, great skill and shooting hability.
And...why isn't Cabloco and Nogueira on their roster???

By the way. What are you expecting from Spain?

Will you miss Marc Gasol?

Sent from my XT1580 using RealGM mobile app

Of course, but no because the level of Marc, who doesn't play very well for Spain, not like in Memphis...just because Pau is our only reliable big. I still can't understand to choose Mirotic over IBAKA, who is the perfect fit next to Gasol, and who also can play the 5 spot.
Besides that, we still have Pau on the roster and a great core around, so we expect at least to make the finals like the last 2 olympics...but after the 2014 Fail at home i'm not sure of that.
I think that the USA team is beatable, it's an amazing team but not a dream team like in 2008, 2012...the problem is that Spain is too old and while Pau is still a force at 36, Navarro is nearly done, like Calderón...plus the pairing Pau-Mirotic doesn't seem quite good.
I expect this lineup in final moments:
Gasol
Víctor Claver
Rudy Fernández
Lull
Sergio Rodriguez/ Ricky Rubio.

But in resume, the loss of IBAKA has take this off the contention of the Gold, thought anything is impossible.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#43 » by jinxed » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:09 pm

What do you think of Scariolo as the coach of Spain? I've never loved him. His predecessor, Pepu Herndandez had that 2006 team playing like the Warriors or 2015 Spurs. Great ball movement, quick pace, it was a thing of beauty. They've never looked as good since Scariolo took over.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#44 » by Mr. E » Mon Aug 1, 2016 1:32 am

Just to give you guys a head's up on how I was planning the game threads for the Round Robin games.

From August 6th until August 15th there will be three games per day. I - or someone else - will start a game thread for each day which will cover all three games on that day.

You are all free to start other threads if you would like, but at least on my side that's the plan.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to Olympics