Olympic Handball Thread (was - US handball team?)

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Re: US handball team? 

Post#21 » by gavran » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:53 am

TheTrooper wrote:
gavran wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:Croatian goalkeeper Pesic (who has suffered a knife attack at a club in Hungary, his teammate was killed, he lost a kidney) saved the day for Croatia.

I remember that as if it was yesterday, poor Cozma. My friend was at that trial in college, you wouldn't believe how those gypses were trying to defend themselves.

Why did they attack them at all ? I hope they got life in prison or something similar. Cozma was stabbed in the heart 2 times, Pesic in the back and Sesums skull was crashed. Brutal attack.

Because they are f*cking gypsies, that's why.

One of them recieved life, that was later decread to 18 years, but can be free after 10 years, SMH. Another one got 18 as well, the rest only 2-5 years. They all should've been impaled on the main square of a smaller Eastern-Hungarian town.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#22 » by TheTrooper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:33 pm

gavran wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:
gavran wrote:I remember that as if it was yesterday, poor Cozma. My friend was at that trial in college, you wouldn't believe how those gypses were trying to defend themselves.

Why did they attack them at all ? I hope they got life in prison or something similar. Cozma was stabbed in the heart 2 times, Pesic in the back and Sesums skull was crashed. Brutal attack.

Because they are f*cking gypsies, that's why.

One of them recieved life, that was later decread to 18 years, but can be free after 10 years, SMH. Another one got 18 as well, the rest only 2-5 years. They all should've been impaled on the main square of a smaller Eastern-Hungarian town.

Wtf ?? Know criminals, mafia members, that killed a young man and left several others with life threatening injuries for no reason at all can get away with just 10 years in jail ??!!! How is that called justice ? If I was the father of Cozma I would try and get justice myself. Europe is totally **** up.
Anyways what can you expect from a continet where a mass murderer like Breivk get just 21 years in jail ? :banghead:
Why is Europe not more like America? Just burn their useless asses and do society a favor.
gavran
RealGM

Post#23 » by gavran » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:02 pm

When Orbán (f*ck him) wanted to have a social discussion about capital punishment, the EU jumped on him like rabid dogs.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#24 » by Mr. E » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:50 pm

My god - I just read the details of that attack you guys are discussing. That's just terrible!

So the Romanian player who was killed was trying to stop some guys from harassing a waitress and that is what happened? Brutal.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#25 » by Von Bismarck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:31 pm

TheTrooper wrote:Anyways what can you expect from a continet where a mass murderer like Breivk get just 21 years in jail ? :banghead:
Why is Europe not more like America? Just burn their useless asses and do society a favor.

Or where you can rape few hundred girls in one night and not even go to jail simply because you are a ''refugee''.
gavran
RealGM

Post#26 » by gavran » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:13 am

TheTrooper wrote:Anyways what can you expect from a continet where a mass murderer like Breivk get just 21 years in jail ? :banghead:

The worst thing about Breivk situation, is that he is suing to country for bad accomodation, while living 10 times better in jail, that 60% of Europe does outside of it.
TheTrooper
Senior

Post#27 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:55 am

Mr. E wrote:My god - I just read the details of that attack you guys are discussing. That's just terrible!

So the Romanian player who was killed was trying to stop some guys from harassing a waitress and that is what happened? Brutal.

Nope. There were speculations about the waitress,but they are not true. It was a gypsy mob thing. They wanted to settle some scores with another criminal group. The players just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

18 years for 1 murder and 2 attempted ones, with prior history of violent offenses and for no reason is just crazy. Life in prison was a suitable sentence and I have no idea how any judge could water it down to 18 years of prison.

Anyways...men's 1/4 finals are today.

Denmark (3rd in group A) - Slovenia (2nd in group B)
Brazil (3B) - France (2A)
Germany (1B) - Qatar (4A)
Poland (4B) - Croatia (1A)
TheTrooper
Senior

Post#28 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 am

gavran wrote:

The worst thing about Breivk situation, is that he is suing to country for bad accomodation, while living 10 times better in jail, that 60% of Europe does outside of it.

He is doing it on purpose to mock Norway's justice system and he is doing a good job at it.
The "funny" thing is he is winning most of his lawsuits. Just crazy...
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:50 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
Mr. E wrote:My god - I just read the details of that attack you guys are discussing. That's just terrible!

Nope. There were speculations about the waitress,but they are not true. It was a gypsy mob thing. They wanted to settle some scores with another criminal group. The players just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

18 years for 1 murder and 2 attempted ones, with prior history of violent offenses and for no reason is just crazy. Life in prison was a suitable sentence and I have no idea how any judge could water it down to 18 years of prison.

I just checked the schedule here. I'll be able to check out the Brazil/France match in a bit. Looking forward to it!

With all of this stuff you guys are discussing, maybe you guys could help me out with something. I've been looking for a good history book dealing with the upper Balkans, Hungary & Romania, specifically concerning regions like Transylvania with high ethnic overlap. Ideally the book would be early 20th century or earlier (to avoid modern perspective). I haven't had any luck finding anything in English. So...any suggestions?

And I realize that this may have been the last thing you ever expected to be asked on a sports forum! :lol:
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I see what you mean by taking a beating.

This is way more physical than I realized.
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:43 pm

I am very impressed with the athleticism involved in this game. You've got to have some serious cardio health for this one.
- Winston Churchill
TheTrooper
Senior

Post#32 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Mr. E wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:

I just checked the schedule here. I'll be able to check out the Brazil/France match in a bit. Looking forward to it!

With all of this stuff you guys are discussing, maybe you guys could help me out with something. I've been looking for a good history book dealing with the upper Balkans, Hungary & Romania, specifically concerning regions like Transylvania with high ethnic overlap. Ideally the book would be early 20th century or earlier (to avoid modern perspective). I haven't had any luck finding anything in English. So...any suggestions?

And I realize that this may have been the last thing you ever expected to be asked on a sports forum! :lol:

Uff...Im not from that part of the "Balkans" so I cant really help you with that. :)

Anyways Brazil - France was a match that was not supposed to be that tight like it was in the first half. France is way more talented. Also France is what the USA is in basketball in terms of athleticism in handball. Very very athletic team that knows how to beat up and take a beating.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#33 » by bobbeaver » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Mr. E wrote:I see what you mean by taking a beating.

Yeh and now you see how big the players are too and why. And only way you can get a 2 minute suspension is if you go for the guys neck or face or push him way to hard lol. Basically murder the other guy :) I dn if bball players mentioned could handle the amount of physicality. Btw if you dont understand or need to clarify some of the rules you can ask any time.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#34 » by gaspar » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Yeah, handball players are really tough guys. Polish left back Karol Bielecki lost an eye during a game and after just 2 months he scored 11 goals in his comeback in the Bundesliga.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:56 pm

TheTrooper wrote:Uff...Im not from that part of the "Balkans" so I cant really help you with that. :)

Anyways Brazil - France was a match that was not supposed to be that tight like it was in the first half. France is way more talented. Also France is what the USA is in basketball in terms of athleticism in handball. Very very athletic team that knows how to beat up and take a beating.

Thanks anyway! I always ask people things like this. I have a bookshelf of stuff on that region, but mostly focused on Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria - basically everything south of Romania & the former northern Yugoslav republics. I'm always looking for more information!

But as to this match - I reviewed the rules of handball before watching that match, but much like hockey it is something that I'll have to watch repeatedly in order to understand the rules completely. Things like football, basketball, baseball and even soccer - I grew up playing those, so those rules I understand. There's rarely ice in my part of Texas so hockey is foreign to me; but handball looks like something that I would have enjoyed playing while growing up if I had been exposed to it.

Looking forward to the next round of play!
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:58 pm

bobbeaver wrote:

Yeh and now you see how big the players are too and why. And only way you can get a 2 minute suspension is if you go for the guys neck or face or push him way to hard lol. Basically murder the other guy :) I dn if bball players mentioned could handle the amount of physicality. Btw if you dont understand or need to clarify some of the rules you can ask any time.

I appreciate the offer on the rules. Next match I'll ask some questions as they come up.

That one match convinced me that you could not put random basketball players in there and expect success.

Now, if we could grab a few defensive backs and tight ends from American Football at an early age and train them then we might have something! ;)
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 pm

gaspar wrote:

Yeah, handball players are really tough guys. Polish left back Karol Bielecki lost an eye during a game and after just 2 months he scored 11 goals in his comeback in the Bundesliga.

Lost an eye?

Dear God, these guys must be insane! I saw some of the bumps in that match and was thinking that it would have hurt an American football player in full pads. :lol:
- Winston Churchill
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#38 » by bobbeaver » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Mr. E wrote:
bobbeaver wrote:

I appreciate the offer on the rules. Next match I'll ask some questions as they come up.

That one match convinced me that you could not put random basketball players in there and expect success.

Now, if we could grab a few defensive backs and tight ends from American Football at an early age and train them then we might have something! ;)

lol that might be better but i hope they can jump aswell and have great cardio (they dont stop running) lol and have a cannon in their arm lol Btw watch the Croatia Poland game. You will like it. ill be on here if u want to ask smtn.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:38 pm

bobbeaver wrote:lol that might be better but i hope they can jump aswell and have great cardio (they dont stop running) lol and have a cannon in their arm lol Btw watch the Croatia Poland game. You will like it. ill be on here if u want to ask smtn.

Yeah, those are the positions with the size, speed, athleticism & coordination I would look at (plus, they tend to be able to take a hit).

When is that Croatia/Poland game? I'll definitely be checking out every game when I get a chance.

edit - just found the Denmark/Slovenia game.
- Winston Churchill
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#40 » by bobbeaver » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Its going on right now its 7:6 fr cro

Return to Olympics