FFL 2015 - 2016 - Rosters now on yahoo...

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Re: FFL 2015 - 2016 - Draft started 

Post#821 » by hamncheese » Sun Oct 4, 2015 2:22 am

Well darn it. Morrow was the one player on my list. Will think about and pick before Sabonis wakes up.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
sabonis
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#822 » by sabonis » Sun Oct 4, 2015 8:38 am

Well I'm done as well. Here it is:

PG - Ricky Rubio
SG - Nicolas Batum (Could be steal)
G - CJ McCollum (if he shoots his FT% like in college, would be great)
G - Patrick Beverley
SF - Chandler Parsons (expecting big things)
PF - Al Horford
F - Harrison Barnes
F - TJ Warren (He was with starting unit in training camp, if Warren gets 24 mpg, he should provide)
C - Robin Lopez
C - Andrew Bogut
B - Jeremy Lin (I think he will be quite good if he gets 24 minutes)
B - Courtney Lee
B - Channing Frye (Reports out of camp were great, but first game? Not so much. I'm guessing he gets 20-24 mpg until he gets traded, or he plays well enough to secure that much minutes for whole season)
B - Jamal Crawford (I'm not sure why he fell so so much, he was gone at around 110 for the last 2 years)
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#823 » by writersblock » Sun Oct 4, 2015 2:46 pm

I thought about Crawford, but their depth at SG is pretty deep this year, and even Jamal admits he expects his minutes to take a hit this year. Plus, he's 35

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#824 » by tkunit » Sun Oct 4, 2015 2:56 pm

sabonis wrote:Well I'm done as well. Here it is:

PG - Ricky Rubio
G - Patrick Beverley
PF - Al Horford
F - Harrison Barnes
F - TJ Warren (He was with starting unit in training camp, if Warren gets 24 mpg, he should provide)
C - Robin Lopez
C - Andrew Bogut
B - Courtney Lee
B - Channing Frye (Reports out of camp were great, but first game? Not so much. I'm guessing he gets 20-24 mpg until he gets traded, or he plays well enough to secure that much minutes for whole season)
B - Jamal Crawford (I'm not sure why he fell so so much, he was gone at around 110 for the last 2 years)

They are trying to trade Frye. Better hope that happens
hamncheese
Assistant Coach

Post#825 » by hamncheese » Sun Oct 4, 2015 3:59 pm

PG - Ricky Rubio
G - Patrick Beverley
PF - Al Horford
F - Harrison Barnes
C - Robin Lopez
C - Andrew Bogut
B - Courtney Lee

With a league of this size, it's hard to evaluate without the other teams complete, but I think your team's weakness is points. I think you have good upside with your players. Your team should be solid with effeciency (fg%, ft%, TOs), with just enough big man stats to be above small teams. Likewise, just enough small ball stats to be above the big teams.

If I am ranking current teams with 14 players:

1. Sabonis
2. TheMan

Hope that makes you feel good. :D
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,108

Post#826 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Oct 4, 2015 4:02 pm

I feel like my next 4 players are all waiver wire fodder.

A bit jealous of the guys all ready done drafting.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
hamncheese
Assistant Coach

Post#827 » by hamncheese » Sun Oct 4, 2015 4:03 pm

I had Crawford on a list that I hand wrote and had misplaced. So I ended up forgetting about him. I was debating on Stuckey against Harris (picked after Crawford) and Nelson (picked after Harris). I think on paper, all the other guys rank higher than Stuckey, but I think Stuckey's stats (if healthy) will mesh better with my team.
sabonis
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#828 » by sabonis » Sun Oct 4, 2015 4:46 pm

hamncheese wrote:

PG - Ricky Rubio
G - Patrick Beverley
PF - Al Horford
F - Harrison Barnes
C - Robin Lopez
C - Andrew Bogut
B - Courtney Lee

With a league of this size, it's hard to evaluate without the other teams complete, but I think your team's weakness is points. I think you have good upside with your players. Your team should be solid with effeciency (fg%, ft%, TOs), with just enough big man stats to be above small teams. Likewise, just enough small ball stats to be above the big teams.

1. Sabonis
2. TheMan

you say "weakness", I say tanking :D though every time I try something different, it blows up in my face. Let's see how this thing goes. Once I got Rubio offered, I said "Hell, this can be the year he explodes and if I give Monta as well, with Horford as my first pick, I can build a fine team". As of today, I'm pretty happy about all these guys, except for Frye's performanc yesterday :banghead: but I guess they MUST showcase him in order to trade him. 20mpg is really enough for him to return top 140 value. Which is fine by me.

and yaaaaaaaaay, at least on predictions, I won't be the last :D
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#829 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Oct 4, 2015 9:00 pm

floppymoose wrote:Trading picks to Fran at this point is going to lengthen the draft.

You should add if you let floppy keep their picks also going to lengthen the draft ahahhaha
joking bud :D
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#830 » by writersblock » Sun Oct 4, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm looking to get a pick between now and 215 and can offer 228 plus 240 for your last pick. Send offers to bgsmithphd at gmail

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#831 » by floppymoose » Sun Oct 4, 2015 10:16 pm

fraanciiscoo wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Trading picks to Fran at this point is going to lengthen the draft.

You should add if you let floppy keep their picks also going to lengthen the draft ahahhaha

That's probably true. I was snoozing instead of thinking, but yeah...
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#832 » by floppymoose » Sun Oct 4, 2015 10:18 pm

took Kendall Marshall. I have a lot of guys on my list that I hope fall to 205.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#833 » by theman » Sun Oct 4, 2015 11:33 pm

hamncheese wrote:

PG - Ricky Rubio
G - Patrick Beverley
PF - Al Horford
F - Harrison Barnes
C - Robin Lopez
C - Andrew Bogut
B - Courtney Lee

1. Sabonis
2. TheMan

It doesn't make me feel good.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#834 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Oct 4, 2015 11:39 pm

floppymoose wrote:
fraanciiscoo wrote:

That's probably true. I was snoozing instead of thinking, but yeah...

ahahhahah i know that people sleep thats why we have 8h per pick due to diferent time zones

btw i was joking with you
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#835 » by floppymoose » Sun Oct 4, 2015 11:40 pm

How many point guards can I pick in a row?
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#836 » by theman » Sun Oct 4, 2015 11:54 pm

Pick them all it will make mine more valuable.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#837 » by floppymoose » Mon Oct 5, 2015 2:33 am

micro-reviews:

{disclaimer: i didn't do/use any projections. this is all from me eye-balling your team for 15 seconds and saying the first things that popped in my head. caveat emptor. entertainment purposes only. do not tear off tag. objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.}

fran: who knows? i have no idea if anything on his team now will be there tomorrow. looks like he trying to be strong in everything but ft% and to's. i think he has traded his way into a very scary team. he's probably going to kick our asses until you all learn to stop making bad trades.
curt: is in trouble. he's tanking 4 categories. maybe 5. but hey, first year and all.
cy: westbrook at 3 confuses me. but i'm easily confused. smallball team. i like the Burks pick. i like the Patterson pick. our matchups will be fun.
stick: another smallball team. Curry at 4 is a steal. but i'm afraid he has traded away too much value along the way. is going to need some late 'finds'.
skai: it's tough for me to eval this team because it's got a couple of players i am lower on than most (Bledsoe, Giannis). If they end up performing, then this could be another small ball team that matches up well against me. I like Lawson at 85 and Sullinger at 125. Sullinger needs to have Lee get hurt or fall out of favor, but that is not entirely unlikely.
floppy: went with CP3 over Durrant. Could be big mistake. Lot's of ? around some of my players (Kanter, Wright, Grant, Marshall). obviously a smallball team.. tanking blocks, well below average at rebounds. trying to be average at fg% despite being small. i'll say more after the blurbs.
jazzfan: Might have the #1,2, or 3 player at pick 7. I personally don't think Chandler at 74 is a disaster. Could beat me at both 3's and rebounds, wtf? I like the assist tank - good strategy for Durrant teams this year.
sly: a team of value picks. I disagree with Iguodala, otherwise looks good. Kawhi assist tank vs Durrant assist tank, who wins? sly will win assists in that matchup.
tkunit: hey, assist tanks are all in a row. tk is going conservative. his picks in the 100's have very limited upside. seems like he just wants reliable support for his top 5. i think you need to find some guys in that range who are going to have big jumps this year, so i think tk may be in trouble.
3si: is trying to beat me at ft%. you are not supposed to do that. that path leads to madness. my madness. i'm going to crush you in steals though. we'll fight over the rest. Markieff at 111 i like.
ham: i alway's love ham's teams. until now. that worries me. Duncan at 70 is fantastic. I guess the picks after that have upside, which is good.
gocke: i like the picks ok except for Stauskas. I think you'd be better off with a defensive wing in his place given your team construction. the interesting thing will be to see how the top heavy team works out. it worked out for me last two seasons, so could be fine.
wb: should ban himself from trading one season and see how that goes. smallball team like mine, but better at points, worse at steals. i like the Aminu pick, and Amir.
alcig: another smallball squad - IT may swing fg% my way though. i'll need to find a way to win assists against you.
jfrost: another topheavy team. should give fran a fight for rebounds. steals and assists and blocks are tanked, and ft% cold be below average, which makes for not much margin for error. picks 2-5 all have upside, which is hard to do.
theman: i have no idea what to expect from anyone on your team. the whole team is wildcards. except McDermott. he sucks. fg% tank. to tank.
sabonis: I like Bogut as a value pick at 144, but once he comes out of the gate strong you need to trade him. he doesn't fit. I like Jamal at 191. I like Lopez at 97. I think Frye may be done and TJ may have to wait another year. I guess Rubio is there for the steals? His fg% doesn't seem to fit and his assists seem a bit wasted. Might be another good sell high opportunity if he starts strong.
woody: i think woody switched his strategy this year. i like the top 4 picks. another smallball team that should make for interesting matchup for me.
hopper: a lot of value picks (aside from Parker, which looks like an "i need a pg" pick). not sure of team identity - i guess fg% is below average but aside from that it looks like a roto team. may need to swing a trade or two before the playoffs to have a stronger shape, but should have the value available to make the trades.
insfo: see hopper, only i think you have even more value.

more on my team: last season I felt like a kid in a candy store. I had strong opinions on several players having breakout years:
Curry, Butler, Draymond, Markieff. (Ok it's weird to call Curry 'breakout', but you get the idea.) And I was totally right on 3 of them and close enough on Markieff for him to be good where I picked him. And Butler and Green fell to me at crazy draft spots. This year not so much. i think too many people agree with me on who is going to have a good season for me to get the kind of value I got last year, so this could be a down year for me.

Once I choose CP3 over Durrant, and then had Hayward available at pick 35, my destiny was set. I'm going small, but trying to be a bit better at to's and fg% than other small teams. I never got a really good chance to get a second strong PG. I was going to grab Ty but he got sniped right ahead of me. CP/Hayward together get about as many assists as say, Dragic/Payton or Conley/Teague, so it's not like I'm in big trouble on assists, but I would like to be strong there which is why I grabbed Kendall and Grant late. I should be hard to beat in 3's, steals, ft%. above average in assists, or perhaps elite if one of Grant/Marshall gets 30 minutes a night. Brandan Wright was a problem pick. I wanted Patterson or Sullinger but got sniped. I think his value will be fine, but I also think I could have got him later because it seems no one else has him in their top 200. He is home in Tennessee and the Griz specifically wanted someone to throw lobs to and to do weak side rim protection as the first big off the bench. He should get good run. It was a "time for a PF/C" pick. I probably should have made a value pick and traded with fran. :-D

I don't know why Ariza was available where he was. I don't understand why he is rated where he is on various sites. I'm expecting top 30 value. Middleton was a monster in the playoffs, and is central to the Buck's plans. Monroe's arrival doesn't change that. Knight out and MCW in helps him. Kanter is a ?. He doesn't play any defense and his big numbers last year were on effectively a different team. But OKC seems to really want him - I guess they are counting on Ibaka to protect the rim. He's a good smallball C. Crowder I think is going to break out - poor man's Draymond without the assists. Pachulia was too much value as a smallball C to pass up. His assists are very welcome on my team. i think Grant wins the battle with a player I won't name, and should steal more and more time from Calderon. Calderon may even be traded later in the season. Mills is healthy again, Parker is older, an unnamed competitor for time is gone, and I'm expecting 100-110 value. Only prob is he is PG-only and doesn't get assists, but then that's why he was still there. Marshall is just a guy I believe in. Sometimes I don't give up on them when I should. But if I'm running the Sixers and have Noel and Okafor, I want Marshall getting them the ball for dunks, not Wroten clogging up the works and shooting under 40%. Sixers have already shown they will move inefficient PGs they picked in the first round. Won't surprise me if they do it again.
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#838 » by tkunit » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:06 am

How can you be so blind to the up side that is Nene?
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#839 » by floppymoose » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:06 am

My bad.
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#840 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:57 am

floppymoose wrote:.....

fran: who knows? i have no idea if anything on his team now will be there tomorrow. looks like he trying to be strong in everything but ft% and to's. i think he has traded his way into a very scary team. he's probably going to kick our asses until you all learn to stop making bad trades...

1st things 1st
ty for the reviews allways fun to read
I will kick your asses that I agree if I dont get major inj
I agree that i traded way into a very scary team
I dont agree with you all learn to stop making bad trades - I guess all the trades I made were fair and both gm were happy I dont know how do you say they were bad trades if I picked 15% of the players so far

speaking of witch I guess a good trade is going down 32 up 101 I dont have alot like this and i dare you to find and say what were my one side trades are. LOL :p I see a clear winner in J but i guess we all do trades to lose - I think this might be the best year to tank ft from the last 7 i been playing FFL since they are a ton of players that fit

J wb 147 174 115 275
J floppy115 275 147 174

I will do a analisys to my team and each trade i made when i finish my draft but that wont be soon cause a trade is comming when you less expected especially when you say theres players that going to be a close fight since theres tons of small ball and mine true tank ft

last i dont agree that i m tanking to infact i m not A) there are tons of team playing smallball ( right now and vs players picked im -2.6 but i still have 5 players to pick and i m sure i going to take care of that when i make my picks now since i can take the hit in a few cats or not sh*t i can trade away for that

from portugal w/ <3

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues