FFL 2015 - 2016 - Rosters now on yahoo...

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

sabonis
Analyst
And1: 340

Re: FFL 2015 - 2016 - Rosters now on yahoo... 

Post#1221 » by sabonis » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Well, I guess that's it. I was confident that my team would hang on until Parsons was back, which they did and boy did it take Parsons to get his groove going. Yet still my team made the playoffs. Although what a beast Parsons was when he really started playing...

In the playoffs without Parsons it will be incredibly hard for me to compete. The guy had top 30 value. Damn... Not only that I'll have almost no chance in the finals if I make it there, but I also might lose this week and get eliminated, even if I seem to be ahead.

By the way, congrats Brian on your tenure. I really don't think Fantasy Basketball requires too much time to be successful. Yes during the draft it may take some time but also one can easily make picks without extensive research if he pleases. And during the season it takes like 3 minutes to set your line up for a whole week and it takes 5-10 minutes to check box scores if you wanna add a free agent every once in a while.
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#1222 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:
writersblock wrote:Hey guys. Great year to everyone, and congrats to the playoff teams! Again, my team underperformed, and I could blame it on the number of injured guys I had. But then again, I was the one who drafted/traded for them, some of which didn't have the cleanest bill of health, so that's probably my fault. Se la vie

My finish was particularly disappointing this year, since I will not be coming back next year. It was a really tough decision for me, especially since I was one of the founding members of this league...a league that, in my opinion, is the best on Yahoo, but even more so, it was a tough decision because I've made so many friends in this league...friends that transcend just fantasy basketball. In fact, despite disappointment every year in my underperforming team, I've always come back because of the friendships I've made in this league. This next year, though, is a pivotal one for me: as I go for tenure at my university, I just won't have the time to devote to fantasy.

Will I be back? who knows...but like I approached every trade talk/offer, I'm more of a never say never guy. For now though, I have to bid adieu. Thanks for the good times. Thanks to Craig for including me in year 1, and thanks to the many commishes that managed this league, especially to Gokce for his ongoing leadership. It's been fun, and I'll miss the endless email trains of trade talks...especially with Fran who I am absolutely certain doesn't ever sleep during the month of the draft.

Thanks again for the memories!

I do not accept this post and will contact you during the activity check buddy :) Until then have a good vacation and prepare for the new season :D

If you need any help Golke just shoot :)
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1223 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:31 pm

sabonis wrote:Well, I guess that's it. I was confident that my team would hang on until Parsons was back, which they did and boy did it take Parsons to get his groove going. Yet still my team made the playoffs. Although what a beast Parsons was when he really started playing...

In the playoffs without Parsons it will be incredibly hard for me to compete. The guy had top 30 value. Damn... Not only that I'll have almost no chance in the finals if I make it there, but I also might lose this week and get eliminated, even if I seem to be ahead.

By the way, congrats Brian on your tenure. I really don't think Fantasy Basketball requires too much time to be successful. Yes during the draft it may take some time but also one can easily make picks without extensive research if he pleases. And during the season it takes like 3 minutes to set your line up for a whole week and it takes 5-10 minutes to check box scores if you wanna add a free agent every once in a while.

I did my best to give you some fight but it was not enough :D
what I m I saying it didnt even come close ahahah

OT- Great draft, Great trades sabonis just like in the real nba we going you went small ball and went to the finals. Major congrats and Gl in the finals
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#1224 » by Woody Allen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:43 am

Ah well. This was the closest matchup ever.
sabonis
Analyst

Post#1225 » by sabonis » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:04 am

fraanciiscoo wrote:
sabonis wrote:Well, I guess that's it. I was confident that my team would hang on until Parsons was back, which they did and boy did it take Parsons to get his groove going. Yet still my team made the playoffs. Although what a beast Parsons was when he really started playing...

I did my best to give you some fight but it was not enough :D
what I m I saying it didnt even come close ahahah

OT- Great draft, Great trades sabonis just like in the real nba we going you went small ball and went to the finals. Major congrats and Gl in the finals

Thank you. Yeah I thought it was gonna be closer in points and assists and I totally expected you to win FG%. Is this week's FG% your worst of the season or what? My team beat won FG% against a team with DJ and Drummond, that was a pleasant surprise.

Missing Parsons will be huge this week, hopefully my team can manage but I'm not really that optimistic. If Aldridge plays in all games with Duncan/Parker/Manu resting and Kawhi injured... I don't even want to think about it... I might have matched up a bit better against Woody.

By the way I believe Woody made a huge mistake by benching his guys. If he played both of his guys and Jerami Grant didn't get injured, he would have won.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#1226 » by Curtis Lemansky » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:45 am

Dutch wrote:Hey people, all good? Been awhile I guess, but started playing fantasy basketball again this year. (with decent succes)
Anyhow just wanted to say hi for now.

Welcome back old friend :)
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#1227 » by insfo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Need a favor. Can one of you please go on http://www.random.org/sequences/ and generate a random sequence between 1 and 29. Once you have it, please post the order in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=1433627
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#1228 » by AlciG » Fri Apr 1, 2016 12:33 pm

insfo wrote:Need a favor. Can one of you please go on http://www.random.org/sequences/ and generate a random sequence between 1 and 29. Once you have it, please post the order in this thread.

Done
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#1229 » by insfo » Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:09 pm

AlciG wrote:
insfo wrote:Need a favor. Can one of you please go on http://www.random.org/sequences/ and generate a random sequence between 1 and 29. Once you have it, please post the order in this thread.

Done

Thanks Alci! As you noticed, someone else had already posted the order yesterday but interestingly enough I was still screwed with this one as well :lol:
sabonis
Analyst

Post#1230 » by sabonis » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:24 am

SA Sugarkids! :lift:

AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#1231 » by AlciG » Mon Apr 4, 2016 7:31 am

Congrats SA Sugarkids
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1232 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Apr 4, 2016 10:40 am

well deserved SA Sugarkids !!!

congrats sabonis !!!
sabonis
Analyst

Post#1233 » by sabonis » Mon Apr 4, 2016 3:55 pm

Thank you guys. I think my draft was pretty damn good this year. I was optimistic about Frye but that didn't pan out. Other than him, I only replaced injured guys. Everyone performed so greatly.

24 - Horford - Performed better than draft position, I was cautiosly expecting 0.4 3ptm per game from him this season but he nailed 1.1 per game. Another reason my team was so good in 3ptm.

55 - Rubio - Paid around pick 65 value for him in trade, performed better than draft position

57 - Batum - Performed better than draft position. I believe he would have still surpassed draft position with MKG as well.

66 - Parsons - Performed much better than draft position in the last 2 months, but then I lost him to injury, damn, though his replacement Farmar was good enough.

97 - Robin Lopez - Started out weak but finished on par with draft position.

104 - McCollum - My sleeper of the draft turned out beautifully. His emergence let me be competitive in points, which I was planning on tanking by trading away Monta Ellis & Klay for Rubio & Parsons.

135 - Harrison Barnes - Started the season incredibly but after his 1 month injury, he was only mediocre. Below draft position.

144 - Bogut - Another sleeper of mine, especially since I was tanking points. He cleaned up all season. Although in fantasy playoffs he plain sucked ass... It was ugly. Had to let him go in the finals.

157 - Beverley - Traded from Fraan. Loved the move at the time. Loved it even more after Lawson's troubles, which were to be expected. Finished well above draft position.

161 - Jeremy Lin - On par with draft position. I was expecting much more from him, probably around top 90-110 range. If MKG didn't go down, I don't know if Lin could have performed on par with his draft position.

172 - Courtney Lee - Traded from Fraan again. Was doing good in Memphis but after the trade to Charlotte he really took off. Finished the last month with top 80 stats. Better than draft position.

175 - Channing Frye - Really thought Magic were gonna give him a chance and everybody was talking about how great Frye looked. But I guess it was all an advertisement in the preseason. Had to let him go for Portis, who only played good for a few weeks and then I struggled to find a good player in the free agent pool, until Ajinca became a good candidate with Davis & Ryno getting injured.

177 - TJ Warren - He had his moments but he was very inconsistent. Thought about letting him go a few times but couldn't because of is potantial and a possible youth movement in Phoenix. His injury might have been a blessing in disguise for me. Because it let me add Jamychal Green. He really pushed my team over the edge in terms of quality.

191 - Jamal Crawford - On par with his draft position. He might not have had such a great finish end the season if Blake Griffin was healthy but I'm confident that he would have finished the season top 200 no matter what.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#1234 » by theman » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:24 pm

Woody Allen wrote:Ah well. This was the closest matchup ever.

Not in the championship round.

Good job SA Sugarkids.

I didn't like the looks of the matchup but this is by far the best I have finished in this league. It was nice to see guys like Howard, Rondo and Matthews out perform their draft positions. It would have been nice if I could have gotten more out of Gibson and Jennings. I still think they should have been traded for one another.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#1235 » by Curtis Lemansky » Wed Apr 6, 2016 10:15 am

Congrats :)
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#1236 » by tkunit » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:48 am

Congrats Sabonis
sabonis
Analyst

Post#1237 » by sabonis » Mon May 2, 2016 2:34 am

Thank you tk =)
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1238 » by hamncheese » Sat May 7, 2016 6:09 pm

Congrats Sabonis!
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1239 » by fraanciiscoo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:43 pm

since we have a few from Turkey Really hope you all alive and well after what happend

we live in a crazy world :s
bww78
RealGM
And1: 13

Post#1240 » by bww78 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 9:18 pm

Hey guys, I might be interested in playing again this year if you have a spot. Keep me informed!

wettengels at yahoo dot com

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues