Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Re: FFML - Draft time TBD 

Post#141 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Sep 3, 2013 5:23 am

I'll give it a shot.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#142 » by floppymoose » Tue Sep 3, 2013 8:26 am

so how about a saturday morning draft (10am PST time)? that would be 1pm east coast US, and I think 8pm saturday in Turkey.

If we do it on a weekday, I think it will have to fall in somebody's work time. So saturday or sunday mornings PST are probably best. thoughts?

Another possibility is saturday 9pm pst, which is midnight est, and 7am sunday in turkey. Or maybe I'm wrong thinking we have folks in Turkey? I guess I should make certain of that part first.
sabonis
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#143 » by sabonis » Tue Sep 3, 2013 1:08 pm

floppymoose wrote:so how about a saturday morning draft (10am PST time)? that would be 1pm east coast US, and I think 8pm saturday in Turkey.

If we do it on a weekday, I think it will have to fall in somebody's work time. So saturday or sunday mornings PST are probably best. thoughts?

Another possibility is saturday 9pm pst, which is midnight est, and 7am sunday in turkey. Or maybe I'm wrong thinking we have folks in Turkey? I guess I should make certain of that part first.

woody and I are from Turkey. if it's the weekend, any time before 3am and later than 7 or 8am fits for me. or at least I'll try my best to fit it into my program.

but the thing with live drafts is nobody wants to adjust their schedule to it. I just don't understand it

"oh my wife and I go to the pool every sunday at that hour"
"oh I play softball/basketball with my friends on saturdays sorry"
"I spend my time with my girlfriend on weekends"
"I always go out before 8 pm on Saturday, what am I gonna do sit at home and draft?"

etc etc.
Well then f* you... The draft takes 3 hours and then it entertains you for a whole 6-7 months. if you aren't gonna sacrifice only 3 hours for that, then you don't like fantasy basketball at all.

Unless something like a wedding or some loved one's birthday, etc comes up, I don't understand why people just make up excuses to not come to drafts. They have to think long term and how much pleasure they're gonna get during the whole season, instead of thinking "well I'm gonna waste 3 hours on my computer, on the other hand I can go outside and have fun"

This post isn't necessarily against people on this board, it's against people who play fantasy basketball but then just doesn't wanna adjust their schedule at all.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#144 » by Hopper15 » Tue Sep 3, 2013 9:44 pm

...and then you have those that take fantasy basketball way too seriously. :D

Sat at 10:00 am works for me as long as it's not September 28th. I'll be flying.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#145 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Sep 3, 2013 10:34 pm

I've never played a money league before, can anyone link me the rules?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#146 » by Woody Allen » Tue Sep 3, 2013 10:38 pm

I'll be travelling (hopefully) October 11-20, also known as my first vacation in three years. Other than that Saturdays at 10am sounds fine.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#147 » by hamncheese » Tue Sep 3, 2013 10:59 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:I've never played a money league before, can anyone link me the rules?

There's no actual money involved. It started out as a message board auction years ago before Yahoo got auction drafting set up, and I'm not sure where the current rules but I'm sure floppy can find them. It's h2h and plays out like all other h2h leagues here after the draft.

For the auction draft itself, each manager has $200, and a manager order is set right before the draft starts for nominating players. When your turn comes up you nominate a player for auction and then a clock starts. It winds down and in the last 10 seconds, it keeps resetting back to 10 seconds anytime a bid comes in. Eventually, higher bidder wins and it moves on to the next manager. Nominating is a straight order, not snake. Yahoo won't let you overbid so you have to have at least $1 for each roster spot you have left.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#148 » by theman » Tue Sep 3, 2013 11:01 pm

Can I get back in this. I shouldn't be scaring anyone. My team sucked last year.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
sabonis
Analyst

Post#149 » by sabonis » Tue Sep 3, 2013 11:07 pm

this will be my 2nd auction and at the time mine sucked as well. Though I'd love to get into more auction league
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#150 » by floppymoose » Wed Sep 4, 2013 1:29 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:I've never played a money league before, can anyone link me the rules?

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con ... FAN_FOOTUS

and

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#151 » by floppymoose » Wed Sep 4, 2013 1:31 am

and

hamncheese wrote:For the auction draft itself, each manager has $200

The amount is typically $20 times the number of roster spots. And that is what it has been, and will be, in this league. And yes, to be clear, it's artificial money, not real.
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#152 » by Woody Allen » Wed Sep 4, 2013 5:55 am

How many moves do you get to make a week in this league? I suspect le Moose might have done away with them during my hiatus last year :meditate:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#153 » by floppymoose » Wed Sep 4, 2013 7:17 am

Woody Allen wrote:How many moves do you get to make a week in this league? I suspect le Moose might have done away with them during my hiatus last year :meditate:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... 0/settings

3 per week was what we used. We held a vote last year on a flat 45 moves per season since FFL had moved to that, but the outcome of that vote was that we stayed at 3 per week.

If multiple managers push for a new vote on that I'll hold another one, but without some show of support I'm just leaving it the way it is.
sabonis
Analyst

Post#154 » by sabonis » Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:20 pm

so what's up with this league. How and when are we gonna decide on the draft date&time
sabonis
Analyst

Post#155 » by sabonis » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:52 pm

well, floppy? I'm sure you were/are busy since the league page just launched but if we we don't hurry, this will be a complete bust, because there are only 6 weeks left until the NBA commences.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#156 » by floppymoose » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 am

There is no hurry. It's a live draft and it will be within two weeks of regular season start.
jfrost
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#157 » by jfrost » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Hey Guys, sorry for the short notice, but I have to drop out of Money this year. Too much else going on (three other leagues are all I can manage) plus I am travel a tonne with work. My apologies if this leaves you scrambling for a new owner.
hailfire4
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#158 » by hailfire4 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 am

Still only 8 people in the league.
The wrongest is always the loudest.
sabonis
Analyst

Post#159 » by sabonis » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am

floppymoose wrote:There is no hurry. It's a live draft and it will be within two weeks of regular season start.

hey mr. cool guy :lol: I don't think it's gonna happen now since we only have 1 week left and we don't even have enough people
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#160 » by Breakdown777 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 pm

I have three other drafts scheduled for Sunday OCT 27th from 5pm to 10 pm (Central US time), So if the Money league is at the same time, I might bow out because I cannot manage an auction during other drafts. I should be fine in the Roto league, however.

Hopefully we can figure something out in regards to this and the Roto league soon, we are short managers, and still don't have any draft dates close to set. Color me worried :-? .
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues