theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Re: FFDL League Thread - Lottery Results 

Post#81 » by theman » Sun Oct 8, 2017 12:48 am

insfo wrote:
theman wrote:
Skai wrote:Trade:

TheMan trades Wade and Matthews to Skai for the #13 pick. I drop Dudley and Barea.

Confirmed.

Wasn't Mathews already dropped?

No.

In confusion of trying to set lineups last night I missed Skai's email. I would let it through for anyone. Also, If anyone were to complain about who I dropped for them last night I would reverse that as well. But if you want
Spoiler:
to be a dick
we can put it so a vote.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#82 » by insfo » Sun Oct 8, 2017 2:37 am

:meditate:
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#83 » by insfo » Sun Oct 8, 2017 2:38 am

Not dropping anyone for the pick, as I have an empty roster spot after moving Parker to my IL spot
theman
RealGM

Post#84 » by theman » Sun Oct 8, 2017 11:19 am

insfo wrote:Not dropping anyone for the pick, as I have an empty roster spot after moving Parker to my IL spot

Unfortunately, we can not move players to the IL until after the draft. Trust me I wish that were not the rule, but it is.

See this from last year:
AlciG wrote:
Skai wrote:14. Terry Rozier

Drop nobody -- Reggie Jackson and Jrue Holiday are on my IL.

Since when are we allowed to keep player on IL in the off-season?
theman
RealGM

Post#85 » by theman » Mon Oct 9, 2017 2:22 pm

Three picks to go and I have a three man list. Looks like I should get someone one my list.

I don't think there are any really big surprises yet.
theman
RealGM

Post#86 » by theman » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:24 pm

So I didn't get the player I wanted.
Or the player I needed.
I got the player that is going to be really good.
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#87 » by stick » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:41 pm

MKG being on the wire is incorrect right? Just wanted to double check
theman
RealGM

Post#88 » by theman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 am

stick wrote:MKG being on the wire is incorrect right? Just wanted to double check

Frost corrected me. It should have been JR Smith as Smith is lower rated. I may have missed when I would dropping.
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#89 » by AlciG » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:03 pm

We're looking for somebody to take over a team in Rugged Generation...

Al-Farouq Aminu
DeMarcus Cousins
DeMar DeRozan
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Stanley Johnson
Alex Len
Greg Monroe
Jonathon Simmons
Tony Snell
Isaiah Thomas
Klay Thompson
Evan Turner
Rashad Vaughn
Dion Waiters
Thaddeus Young
Cody Zeller

Let me know if you're interested.

The league has been going for over 10 years. It's a 14 team H2H dynasty league.
GrapeApe
Pro Prospect
And1: 14

Post#90 » by GrapeApe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 am

AlciG wrote:We're looking for somebody to take over a team in Rugged Generation...

Al-Farouq Aminu
DeMarcus Cousins
DeMar DeRozan
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Stanley Johnson
Alex Len
Greg Monroe
Jonathon Simmons
Tony Snell
Isaiah Thomas
Klay Thompson
Evan Turner
Rashad Vaughn
Dion Waiters
Thaddeus Young
Cody Zeller

If you still need someone I am interested. I already own some of those guys in this league.
AlciG
Starter

Post#91 » by AlciG » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm

GrapeApe wrote:
AlciG wrote:We're looking for somebody to take over a team in Rugged Generation...

Al-Farouq Aminu
DeMarcus Cousins
DeMar DeRozan
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Stanley Johnson
Alex Len
Greg Monroe
Jonathon Simmons
Tony Snell
Isaiah Thomas
Klay Thompson
Evan Turner
Rashad Vaughn
Dion Waiters
Thaddeus Young
Cody Zeller

If you still need someone I am interested. I already own some of those guys in this league.

Thanks for the interest but team is already taken. If something else opens up I'll keep you in mind
theman
RealGM

Re: FFDL League Thread - Draft Complete 

Post#92 » by theman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:27 pm

The pending trade between Alcig and myself includes Alcig receiving my 2018 first round pick (yikes).
AlciG
Starter

Post#93 » by AlciG » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:40 pm

theman wrote:The pending trade between Alcig and myself includes Alcig receiving my 2018 first round pick (yikes).

It will be a very late 1st though. Maybe even the last pick if you win again
theman
RealGM

Post#94 » by theman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 pm

AlciG wrote:
theman wrote:The pending trade between Alcig and myself includes Alcig receiving my 2018 first round pick (yikes).

There could always be an insfo moment.
theman
RealGM

Post#95 » by theman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:17 pm

I was probably too easy but here are some draft grades to give people something to discuss.

Draft Grades

tkunit
1 - Lonzo Ball
17 - Kelly Oubre jr.
With the first overall pick Tkunit with UCLA product and current LA Laker Lonzo Ball.Ball looks to have the all round game that is well suited to Fantasy ball. He should rack up plenty of assists and rebound from the point guard position. The Lakers seem intent on handing Ball the reigns immediately.
TK then selected Kelly Oubre in the second round. Oubre has shown flashes in the past, is still young and looks to be putting it all together.
Grade A.

Insfo
2 - Markelle Fultz
Insfo, the big winner of the draft lottery, took full advantage of his good fortune and picked up the #1 overall selection of the NBA draft. Fultz looks impressive as a scorer and should be a quality player for years. Fultz will be sharing ball handling in Phili with Ben Simmons but while this my hurt his assist total will boost his 3 point totals.
Grade A-

TyCobb
3 - Dennis Smith Jr.
21 - Patty Mills
The newest member of our league TyCobb picked up a pair of point gaurds. One young, one old. With the third overall pick he selected Dennis Smith Jr. who has beeen creating a lot of buzz and seems to be the Mavericks point guard of the future. And that future starts with Dallas' season opener. In the second round TyCobb picked up Patty Mills the constant backup to Tony Parker. With age finally catching up to Parker, who will be out until at least December, Mills seems to be the starter in San Antone.
Grade B

Sly
4 - Jayson Tatum
20 - Boban Marjanovic
Sly, the patriarch of this league, nabbed Jayson Tatum, the player Danny Ainge called the best player in the draft, with the fourth overall pick. There is no denying Tatum's talent but he will have to (and likely will) earn minutes on a talent heavy Celtics team. In the second round Sly picked up the recently cut Boban Marjanovic. Marajanovic is a per minute stud who may be able to gain an increase in playing time and contribute significantly.
Grade B

Stick
5 - Jonathan Isaac
10 - Donovan Mitchell
14 - Jeremy Lamb
15 - Milos Teodosic
Stick was a very active GM. Prior to the draft he traded good young player Kris Middleton to The Man for a pair of young talented players Justice Winslow and Taureen Prince as well as a pair of first round picks. Prince should be the starter in Atlanta and Winslow could land a starting roll as well. With the two picks acquired Stick selected Donovan Mitchell who has looked quite impressive and should pick up a lot of the slack left by the departing Gordon Hayward. The other pick was used on Jeremy Lamb who should see and increase in minutes while Nic Batum is sidelined with an injury.
Then we get to his own picks. With the fifth over pick Stick selected Orlando big wing Jonathan Isaac. Isaac has drawn comparisons to Kevin Durant but I wonder if Stick with regret passing on Josh Jackson. Time will tell. With the first pick in the second round he snatched up Clippers rookie Milos Teodosic. A combo guard with incredible passing ability.
Stick took some risks and picked up a lot of assests (six new players) which should pay off down the road.
Grade B+

Alcig
6 - De’Aaron Fox
16 - Justin Holiday
With the sixth selection Alcig picked up Kentucky speedster De' Aaron Fox. A point guard with blazing speed and a shaky jump shot. Fox looks to be the point guard of the future in Sacramento but that future is a bit down the road as George Hill is a road block to immediate minutes.
In the second round Alcig went after Chicago Bull's swingman Justin Holiday. Holiday has been improving each year in the league and looks to have turned a corner.
Grade B.

Kohanz
7 - Josh Jackson
19 - Ersan Ilyasova
Josh Jackson the fourth overall pick in the NBA draft fell all the way to Kohanz who used the #7 pick to nab him. Jackson likely won't start in Pheonix at least not to begin the season. However, he should see plenty of minutes in the Suns fast passed offense. Solid Ersan Ilyasova was his pick in the second round. How Ilyasova fits the rebuilding Hawks remains to be seen.
Grade A-

Floppymoose
8 - Lauri Markkanen
18 - Dwight Powell
With the eighth pick Floppymoose went with Lauri Markkanen the Eurobasketball sensation now a Chicago Bull. Markkanen looks like a solid choice. Powell is a big man in Dallas you looks to have addedthe three point shot to his arsenal.
Grade B+

GrapeApe
9 - John Collins
22 - Zach Collins
GrapeApe took a pair of players named Collins. The lower ranked John was his first round pick. John Collins is a big (get it?) part of the Hawks rebuilding plans. The higher ranked Zach Collins will be battling for minutes in Portland.
Grade B.

HamandCheese
11 - Frank Ntilikina
24 - Jarrett Allen
HamandCheese decided to go with Knicks/French mistery man Frank Ntilikina. The frenchman has great size for the point guard position and Phil Jackson seems to have done well drafting a Euro last year so we will see if he can make it 2 for 2. Jarrett Allen was a nice pick up in the second round. Allen will be playing for the fast paced Nets.
Grade B

East
12 - Malik Monk
East from now on will be known as the Man With the Golden Lap. Each year it seems another quality player falls into his lap and this year was no exception. Malik Monk, the high scoring Kentucky product was there for the pickings. Monk can score in bunches and will likely do so being paired with Kimba Walker.
Grade A.

The Man
13 - Kyle Kuzma
The Man was quite active predraft. First he made the prior mentioned trade with Stick acquiring Kris Middleton for a bouquet of young assets. Middleton is a top 40 ranked young player. But the Bucks are not "his team". He in fact is likely third on the Bucks depth chart behind Giannis and Parker.
The Man was able to get back into the first round by giving up two serviceable veterans, in Dwyane Wade and Wesley Matthews for the #13 pick which was used on Kyle Kuzma, the LA Laker's summer league sensation.
Grade B+

Skai
23 - Ryan Anderson
Skai made a couple win now moves trading the #13 pick for Wade and Matthews and than added sharp shooter Ryan Anderson in the second round. Skai will again be in play off contention.
Grade B+
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Re: FFDL League Thread - Draft Grades 

Post#96 » by stick » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Im not going to regret Isaac over Jackson. Isaac is already the best player in Orlando
sly
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 46

Post#97 » by sly » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:46 am

I think it was a pretty solid draft overall... no surprises, really. I don't fault the lack of poor grades. 2nd round is usually one of the last few roster spots. Short-term vs. the long-term game for the rookies definitely comes into play for those competing, though. Already a few gains by Tatum and Markkanen w/ injuries.
theman
RealGM

Post#98 » by theman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:00 pm

AlciG wrote:

At the moment, your team is destroying mine.
theman
RealGM

Post#99 » by theman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 pm

sly wrote:I think it was a pretty solid draft overall... no surprises, really. I don't fault the lack of poor grades. 2nd round is usually one of the last few roster spots. Short-term vs. the long-term game for the rookies definitely comes into play for those competing, though. Already a few gains by Tatum and Markkanen w/ injuries.

Gruesome injury to Hayward yesterday. Not sure if it was more Paul George or Shaun Livingston. I didn't see it live but a buddy sent me a video and I swear you can hear the bone crack.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,829

Post#100 » by floppymoose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:46 am

sly wrote:Already a few gains by Tatum and Markkanen w/ injuries.

Bobby Portis and I go way back.

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues