FFDL League Thread - 2022-2023

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Re: FFDL League Thread - 2022-2023 

Post#741 » by insfo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:16 pm

battaginlemon wrote:I'm gonna ask you guys to find a replacement for my team.

I think I already did my good part offering to reverse the Lillard/Wemby pick in the beginning (which was quite a huge deal tbh) and now this Aldama thing..

Nothing personal against anyone, I just don't see a good long term fit. Which, being a dynasty, is key.

Sorry for the trouble.

Inviato dal mio XQ-AS52 utilizzando Tapatalk

Aww, that's too bad! I thought you were a great addition to the league, so try sticking around for a few weeks atleast before you give up on us!
sabonis
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#742 » by sabonis » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:32 pm

theman wrote:
sabonis wrote:I see, can you pls take care of Aldama btw, Skai got him immediately after you dropped him.

He was a free agent and Skai had the right to do that.

you are kidding me right. I have been waiting to make my draft pick for the last 3 days (as Aldama)..... Let me make my draft pick, thank you.

Also let's say I don't get to draft a pick (which is ludicrous), Aldama has to be a waiver not FA, otherwise whoever was online when you dropped him has an unfair advantage to jump on the gun.

Anyway I believe you'll make the right thing and I'll make my pick because the whole reason for the poll and the discussions have been about that 1 specific player ...

Does anybody disagree with what I wrote?
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#743 » by theman » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 pm

sabonis wrote:
theman wrote:
sabonis wrote:I see, can you pls take care of Aldama btw, Skai got him immediately after you dropped him.

He was a free agent and Skai had the right to do that.

you are kidding me right. I have been waiting to make my draft pick for the last 3 days (as Aldama)..... Let me make my draft pick, thank you.

Also let's say I don't get to draft a pick (which is ludicrous), Aldama has to be a waiver not FA, otherwise whoever was online when you dropped him has an unfair advantage to jump on the gun.

Anyway I believe you'll make the right thing and I'll make my pick because the whole reason for the poll and the discussions have been about that 1 specific player ...

Does anybody disagree with what I wrote?

You had 12 hours to make your pick. You never said you wanted Santi. You only said you did not want Batta to have him. By the rule you insisted we implement, after 12 hours you lose your pick.

The rules are also clear that any player that is not on a roster when the draft ends is a free agent. Because Santi was not on a roster, by your request, he became a free agent.

I have just read through the entire draft thread again. Nowhere did you say you wanted Santi. Had you said something to the effect:
If the pick is over turned I want Santi,
else give me xyz
your claim would hold some water. But you never did. You only objected to Batta getting him.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
sabonis
Analyst

Post#744 » by sabonis » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:56 pm

Yeah because I thought it was pretty obvious I wanted to pick that player and somebody jumped in front of me. Otherwise why would I oppose against someone jumping ahead of me, if it doesn't matter to me, right?

Give me a freaking break theman. You made an illegal trade and I pointed it out and now you are trying to take it out on me. Do make another poll if I should be able to pick as Aldama as the draft pick or not please and let the league settle it.
theman
RealGM

Post#745 » by theman » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:02 pm

sabonis wrote:Yeah because I thought it was pretty obvious I wanted to pick that player and somebody jumped in front of me. Otherwise why would I oppose against someone jumping ahead of me, if it doesn't matter to me, right?

Give me a freaking break theman. You made an illegal trade and I pointed it out and now you are trying to take it out on me. Do make another poll if I should be able to pick as Aldama as the draft pick or not please and let the league settle it.

I thought you were just being a jerk. I had seen that Batta had picked up Precious Achewa before the draft was over and had to drop him (because the draft was not over) so I figured I would help him out. I really couldn't care about the trade because a seriously doubt I would use the pick. I also did not expect you to use your pick since you had the last pick in the draft.

If you would like to create a poll feel free.
insfo
General Manager

Post#746 » by insfo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:10 pm

Sab, try reaching out to Skai and see if you can work it out. While I agree that it was obvious that you wanted Santi, it wasn’t explicitly stated anywhere…maybe because you assumed it was obvious, and atleast to me it was.
sabonis
Analyst

Post#747 » by sabonis » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:38 pm

insfo wrote:Sab, try reaching out to Skai and see if you can work it out. While I agree that it was obvious that you wanted Santi, it wasn’t explicitly stated anywhere…maybe because you assumed it was obvious, and atleast to me it was.

I mean I thought it was pretty damn obvious and I'm sure to a lot of people, it was.

"I'm sorry but how is a skipped pick traded later on and a player can be picked before I make a pick?"

this is what I wrote. I explicitly said "a player can be picked before I make a pick". Otherwise why would I oppose to such a thing right?
sabonis
Analyst

Post#748 » by sabonis » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:43 pm

btw I created a poll, please do vote on it. Thanks
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Post#749 » by eyeatoma » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 am

LeBron James available for trade if anyone wants him.

Looking for a young upcoming player that you could get between the 3rd and 5th round.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Post#750 » by eyeatoma » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:57 am

I think I already did my good part offering to reverse the Lillard/Wemby pick in the beginning (which was quite a huge deal tbh) and now this Aldama thing..

Nothing personal against anyone, I just don't see a good long term fit. Which, being a dynasty, is key.

Sorry for the trouble.

I appreciate you making that change, but in all fairness, I could have just said, no I'm not ready to draft, and I would have gotten the team with AD and still been able to take Wemby. I ended up waking up at 2 am to respond to your message, and drafted at 4 am, to a totally new league, where I wasnt' clear about the draft rules. I appreciate you making the change, but if the rules were completely clear I would have not taken 3 2nd round picks along with it. Again that's my bad. But we waited the entire night for you. The team was originally assigned to me, and then you asked for the minidraft to happen, and then weren't around. You now have one of the best teams in the league. Least you could do is stick around. If not, it just makes it more annoying, because I could have had that team, and now I'm in for a 5 year rebuild.
battaginlemon
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#751 » by battaginlemon » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:

Sorry for the trouble.

I appreciate you making that change, but in all fairness, I could have just said, no I'm not ready to draft, and I would have gotten the team with AD and still been able to take Wemby. I ended up waking up at 2 am to respond to your message, and drafted at 4 am, to a totally new league, where I wasnt' clear about the draft rules. I appreciate you making the change, but if the rules were completely clear I would have not taken 3 2nd round picks along with it. Again that's my bad. But we waited the entire night for you. The team was originally assigned to me, and then you asked for the minidraft to happen, and then weren't around. You now have one of the best teams in the league. Least you could do is stick around. If not, it just makes it more annoying, because I could have had that team, and now I'm in for a 5 year rebuild.
If you took over the AD team you could not have Wemby, because the Wemby pick was assigned to the other team.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, and I'm not holding anything against you. I think that was a situation in which we both made a compromise and made it work.

Now, the current situation.. just doesn't make any sense.
I understand the trade and Santi pick getting canceled, fine, the problem is it happened after waivers cleared.
So I do not have the pick, I do not have Santi, and I got screwed with the waivers because when they cleared Santi was still on my roster and I couldnt pick anyone else.
And the guy who started it all is not getting Santi either, so what's the point

theman
RealGM

Post#752 » by theman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:56 pm

sabonis wrote:btw I created a poll, please do vote on it. Thanks

Please send an email to the league making the request. I doubt many people check the board daily especially when once the league started.
sabonis
Analyst

Post#753 » by sabonis » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:25 pm

I've sent email to people in my contact list. How do I send an email to the league? I think you might be able to do it as commish
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#754 » by floppymoose » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:54 pm

If I’m supposed to vote in that poll i need the sequence of events spelled out completely and exactly. I dont know what i’m being asked.
insfo
General Manager

Post#755 » by insfo » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:40 pm

sabonis wrote:I've sent email to people in my contact list. How do I send an email to the league? I think you might be able to do it as commish

You can do it from Yahoo - "League -> Email League"
sabonis
Analyst

Post#756 » by sabonis » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:07 pm

floppymoose wrote:If I’m supposed to vote in that poll i need the sequence of events spelled out completely and exactly. I dont know what i’m being asked.

It was my turn to pick (last pick in the draft), theman traded his forfeited pick to battaginlemon, and he picked Aldama before I can make my pick.

I protested saying a forfeited pick should not be tradeable and I shouldn't be cut in line, a player shouldn't be picked before me.

Then we voted on the poll theman created, the league voted that the pick should not be traded. Theman dropped Aldama from battaginlemon's roster, and for some reason Aldama became FA not waiver, Skai immediately picked him up.

I'm saying I should be able to make my draft pick as Aldama because I had been waiting for the previous trade debacle to be resolved.
theman
RealGM

Post#757 » by theman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:58 pm

sabonis wrote:
floppymoose wrote:If I’m supposed to vote in that poll i need the sequence of events spelled out completely and exactly. I dont know what i’m being asked.

It was my turn to pick (last pick in the draft), theman traded his forfeited pick to battaginlemon, and he picked Aldama before I can make my pick.

I protested saying a forfeited pick should not be tradeable and I shouldn't be cut in line, a player shouldn't be picked before me.

Then we voted on the poll theman created, the league voted that the pick should not be traded. Theman dropped Aldama from battaginlemon's roster, and for some reason Aldama became FA not waiver, Skai immediately picked him up.

I'm saying I should be able to make my draft pick as Aldama because I had been waiting for the previous trade debacle to be resolved.

1. You never said you wanted Aldama. Only that you opposed the trade.
2. Your 12 hours expired without ever stating who you were pick or dropping.
3. You insist that if time expires on a pick that pick is forfeited.

Now because Skai was willing to drop Aldama I am willing to add him to your roster, although I do not think it is right but F it.

However you still need to drop a player. And that player can not be Prince because Prince was not on your roster at the time of the draft.
insfo
General Manager

Post#758 » by insfo » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:03 am

In all the confusion over Santi freaking Aldama, we never got the draft grades :lol:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#759 » by floppymoose » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:59 am

Wemby: A+
everyone else: F
theman
RealGM

Post#760 » by theman » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:04 am

insfo wrote:In all the confusion over Santi freaking Aldama, we never got the draft grades :lol:

Following grades are given with the benefit of 4 weeks of games.

eyeatoma - Victor Wembanyama #1, Kobe Bufkin #13, Gradey Dick #17, Ziaire Williams #25
Grade C- : Wemby was a good but obvious pick; Bufkin and Dick have already been dropped.
Williams doesn't move the needle.

insfo - Scoot Henderson #2,
Grade C- : Way too early to call Scoot a bust, and I don't think he will be by he doesn't look like a world beater, yet.

dynamoose - Amen Thompson #3, Brandin Podziemski #18
Grade C : Amen isn't getting the same oppertunity as his brother. With Miller still on the board this looks like it could have been a missed pick At the time of the draft I would have give Podziemski a D but he has been playing well as late and even out performing Thompson.

Frostbite - Brandon Miller #4, Christian Braun #22
Grade B+ : At this point Miller should be considered an obvious pick. There seems to have been hate sent his way because he was selected over Scoot Henderson. Christian Braun the vunderkid of the playoffs has been solid.

Stick - Ausar Thompson #5, Dillon Brooks #20
Grade A : Ausar has been balling getting 30+ minutes a night and grabbing 10+ rebounds a game.
Brooks has been a welcome addition to the Rockets and has been playing very well, despite getting hate over the summer.

Lemansky - Jarace Walker #6, Cam Whitmore #15
Grade D : neither Walker or Whitmore is getting much run. Both should turn out to be nice players but at this point of the season they have not impressed.

The Man - Bilal Coulibaly #7, Keyonte George #10
Grade A- : Had Lively not been still on the board this would be an A. But Bilal and Keyonte (surprisingly) are looking good.

Skai - Dereck Lively II #8, Dennis Schroder #21
Grade A : Lively is looking like the steal of the draft. Schroder seems to have revitalized his career in Toronto.

Grape's Apes - Taylor Hendricks #9,
Grade F : At the time of the draft I would have given this a good grade. As it is Hendricks is balling out, in the D-League.

Ham n Cheese - Josh Richardson #11, Caris LeVert #23
Grade B+ : Richardson has already been dropped but LeVert is balling out.

Sly - Paul Reed #12, Kyle Lowry #24
Grade F : Reed has not doing much. Lowry is providing top 100 value but closer to 40 than 30. For a contending team that may have been an okay pick.

Sabonis - Kevon Looney #14, Santi Aldama #28
Grade F+ : Looney has been okay, but he is what he is. Aldama has been dropped.

AlciG Stallions - Kris Murray #27
Grade D : Been dropped but was worth a shot at #27.

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues