Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 395

Re: Ja Suspended Because of a Second Gun Video 

Post#41 » by esvl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:29 am

durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:This world has been occupied by clowns

Can't blame the world if Ja is acting like the lead clown.

i hope he gets traded and i hope Memphis gets at least some value after all this. No way he's sticking with Memphis. He can of course still change the course of his life/career, but that's not happening with the Grizzlies.

I hope all lizards, big and tiny, will learn their place.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,670

Post#42 » by durden_tyler » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:31 am

esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:This world has been occupied by clowns

i hope he gets traded and i hope Memphis gets at least some value after all this. No way he's sticking with Memphis. He can of course still change the course of his life/career, but that's not happening with the Grizzlies.

Yup, we all agree that Ja should learn his place. :nod:
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by esvl » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:04 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:

Yup, we all agree that Ja should learn his place. :nod:

Don’r spend too much time with Adam Silver’s photo. It is not my business, but there is the real world and real people outside your basement my friend that you seem have been heavily missing.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#44 » by durden_tyler » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:07 pm

Ja and Grizz gets lucky, Silver deciding on measley 25 games.

If he still blows this chance (especially it’s just 30% of the season), well, that’s beyond dumb.

So we get lucky that his stupidity has not cost him much (well rep took a hit but that can be repaired)
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,980

Post#45 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:44 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Ja and Grizz gets lucky, Silver deciding on measley 25 games.

If he still blows this chance (especially it’s just 30% of the season), well, that’s beyond dumb.

So we get lucky that his stupidity has not cost him much (well rep took a hit but that can be repaired)

25 was the max they could give and somewhat justify it/not have people rioting. Miles Bridges got 30 games for domestic assault. Flashing a legal gun on social media, even as a second offense, isn't in the same category. The only reason Ja is getting hit like this is because of him being a face of the league. Bouknight from Charlotte was literally photographed passed out in his car with a gun in his lap and got no suspension because no one cared and it didn't go viral.

I'm just glad this is done. He'll serve his time and we will move on as long as nothing else occurs. He cost himself a lot of money though, especially in terms of sponsorships.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Re: UPDATE: Ja Suspended 25 Games Because of a Second Gun Video 

Post#46 » by durden_tyler » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:08 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Ja and Grizz gets lucky, Silver deciding on measley 25 games.

25 was the max they could give and somewhat justify it/not have people rioting. Miles Bridges got 30 games for domestic assault. Flashing a legal gun on social media, even as a second offense, isn't in the same category. The only reason Ja is getting hit like this is because of him being a face of the league. Bouknight from Charlotte was literally photographed passed out in his car with a gun in his lap and got no suspension because no one cared and it didn't go viral.

I'm just glad this is done. He'll serve his time and we will move on as long as nothing else occurs. He cost himself a lot of money though, especially in terms of sponsorships.

We hope it is done. If Ja can mature from this, it will help his maturity of his game too (which is one of his primary weaknesses.)

Let’s see.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by esvl » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:26 pm

I hope it’s over and we will never get this *** again, which is embarrassing from so many perspectives. Ja needs to learn how to co-exist and survive in the world ruled by lizards and occupied primarily by morons.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,710

Post#48 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:38 pm

My feeling is that Memphis can survive this absence.

Question becomes: will he be welcomed back into the locker room after the suspension?

If your team has as much success without him as they have in the past, will the players even want to hand the keys to the franchise back to the young man?

Read on Twitter
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,219

Post#49 » by tiderulz » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:16 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:My feeling is that Memphis can survive this absence.

Question becomes: will he be welcomed back into the locker room after the suspension?

If your team has as much success without him as they have in the past, will the players even want to hand the keys to the franchise back to the young man?

Read on Twitter

I dont think the lockerroom will be a problem. i think there will be hesitation with the front office.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,980

Post#50 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:27 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:My feeling is that Memphis can survive this absence.

Yeah I think the locker room will have his back and be fine. We are a good regular season team without him, but we need him come playoffs if we want to contend. Our guys know that. Next man up, keep things rolling, and give ourselves a chance come postseason.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#51 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:09 pm

I'm glad the news has been reveal and Ja can begin his punishment. Just take time to himself. Learn some maturity, make better decisions, and become a man who is revere by better choices and not by wrong choices that puts his career and life at risk.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#52 » by durden_tyler » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:29 am

Grizz will be fine without Morant, at least a 0.500 record. If he matures after this stupidity and he translates that to his on-court play he’s going to bounce back nicely.

And oh, shoot and practice those 3s while away for 3 months (+offseason) maybe he can narrow the gap of his atrocious percentage to the elite guards like Curry, Lillard, Murray.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by esvl » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:51 am

The best option for Ja is to spend all his suspension on improving on-ball defence and 3pt shot, then to return - win the title and while live on the court tell the lizards to *** off.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies