ImageImage

2024 NBA Grizz Draft Talk

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

2024 NBA Grizz Draft Talk 

Post#1 » by MemphisX » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:11 pm

So, who do y'all really want the Grizzlies to draft with their lottery pick?

My top 10 GRIZZ based players are:

1. Sarr
2. Clingan
3. Edey
4. Dillingham
5. McCain
6. Sheppard
7. Castle
8. Holland
9. Buzelis
10. Furphy

Still evaluating Cody Williams, Topic, and Risacher
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Re: 2024 NBA Grizz Draft Talk 

Post#2 » by esvl » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:15 am

MemphisX wrote:So, who do y'all really want the Grizzlies to draft with their lottery pick?

My top 10 GRIZZ based players are:

1. Sarr - risky
2. Clingan - crap
3. Edey - crap
4. Dillingham - meh
5. McCain - crap
6. Sheppard - crap
7. Castle - yes
8. Holland - yes
9. Buzelis - crap
10. Furphy - crap

Still evaluating Cody Williams, Topic, and Risacher

Added my comments. Pretty subjective.
Apart from Holland and Castle, I am only intrigued with Ware (my #1 choice), Carrington and Smith.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:43 pm

Sarr is my pick if we can win the lottery. Otherwise I like Clingan for where our pick will likely land. I think he will be a bit like Adams for us. I'm happy to get a solid starting level role player. If we take Edey, I'd want us to trade back a bit first.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#4 » by JD45 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:39 am

1. Clingan
2. Sarr
3. Edey
4. Sheppard

After that, I really have no idea.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by esvl » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:35 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Sarr is my pick if we can win the lottery. Otherwise I like Clingan for where our pick will likely land. I think he will be a bit like Adams for us. I'm happy to get a solid starting level role player. If we take Edey, I'd want us to trade back a bit first.

Clingan and Edey eh? I just wonder why FO blatantly ignored Kessler last year should they see the place for that type of centres in our roster.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:20 pm

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Sarr is my pick if we can win the lottery. Otherwise I like Clingan for where our pick will likely land. I think he will be a bit like Adams for us. I'm happy to get a solid starting level role player. If we take Edey, I'd want us to trade back a bit first.

Clingan and Edey eh? I just wonder why FO blatantly ignored Kessler last year should they see the place for that type of centres in our roster.

I mean a lot of teams ignored/missed Kessler. Think we didn't realize how good he was. It happens. Just like all those teams missed on Bane, Vince, and GG ha.

I also wanted to mention I'm on board with trading back for Ware as well.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by esvl » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:50 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:

I mean a lot of teams ignored/missed Kessler. Think we didn't realize how good he was. It happens. Just like all those teams missed on Bane, Vince, and GG ha.

I am very glad you are on Ware. I only hope that he will be available at #7.

As to Kessler, I believe that our FO (same as OKC and Boston) doesn’t believe in traditional centres who cannot defend on the perimeter. They may see it as a red flag that makes all other that player’s elite skills (like rim-protection or rebounding) useless for PO battles. I would be shocked to know that if we traded Adams to draft Clingan.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by VCfor3 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:55 am

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:

As to Kessler, I believe that our FO (same as OKC and Boston) doesn’t believe in traditional centres who cannot defend on the perimeter. They may see it as a red flag that makes all other that player’s elite skills (like rim-protection or rebounding) useless for PO battles. I would be shocked to know that if we traded Adams to draft Clingan.

There's still a part of me that think Adams may have secretly asked out. He was with Memphis like one game total this season but has been on the bench with Houston most games since the trade.

As for Ware, I think you trade back and get him as opposed to taking him at 7. Mock drafts have him going a good bit later so I think it is worth the risk. Getting him on a cheaper contract as well as getting an asset feels like the smart play.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by esvl » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:41 am

VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I mean a lot of teams ignored/missed Kessler. Think we didn't realize how good he was. It happens. Just like all those teams missed on Bane, Vince, and GG ha.

There's still a part of me that think Adams may have secretly asked out. He was with Memphis like one game total this season but has been on the bench with Houston most games since the trade.

As for Ware, I think you trade back and get him as opposed to taking him at 7. Mock drafts have him going a good bit later so I think it is worth the risk. Getting him on a cheaper contract as well as getting an asset feels like the smart play.

Mock drafts are pieces of ***. Ware looks better that Sarr. The only problem I learn about him is his motor. It is not clear whether it is circumstantial or his nature. I would wait for the draft combine before making any assumptions.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies