ImageImage

Update:Is there concern in Memphis over Ja Morant's recent behavior?

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Re: Is there concern in Memphis over Ja Morant's recent behavior? 

Post#21 » by durden_tyler » Tue Mar 7, 2023 6:46 am

GURLAK wrote:
esvl wrote:People nowadays become so dramatic and overreactive to news and social media trends. Pathetic.

I love the current ‘badass” image of our young fellows.

Do you also like that he will probably have to miss the playoffs due to Jas bad ass image lol

Yeah, for some people it's okay to sweep these issues under the rug and hope our badass image gets us to the title.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#22 » by durden_tyler » Tue Mar 7, 2023 6:52 am

jman3134 wrote:I'm team Ja Morant until the end. If he is going through something atm, he will get past it. Can't have these distractions if he hopes to win. But, end of the day, this is Ja's team and I do not believe he is a bad person. Some of this is manufactured from years ago, but the gun situation is undeniably a bad look.

He's young (23) so he can still can be stupid. That said, thanks to that Instagram Live that's the worst that have happened so far and no damage to anyone (except his reputation). So in a way, we're thankful he's exposed early so he can right the ship.

i expect him to be suspended at least 10-15 games (not enough actually because Silver is too nice to superstars). Even if he misses the rest of the regular season and playoffs, there is no way we're winning the title this year but if Ja finds the correct path, this is all worth it...
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 391

Post#23 » by esvl » Tue Mar 7, 2023 12:09 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
GURLAK wrote:
esvl wrote:People nowadays become so dramatic and overreactive to news and social media trends. Pathetic.

I love the current ‘badass” image of our young fellows.

Do you also like that he will probably have to miss the playoffs due to Jas bad ass image lol

Yeah, for some people it's okay to sweep these issues under the rug and hope our badass image gets us to the title.

If you care about the title, enjoy Boston. Don’t waste your time. You boys should try to find some real meaning in your life. While your remarkable judgements look impressive, they are hardly hardly useful from a practical perspective.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#24 » by VCfor3 » Wed Mar 8, 2023 11:39 pm

No legal charges for Ja is good. Now to see what the NBA investigation shows.

He's away from the team for the next four games as well.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#25 » by durden_tyler » Thu Mar 9, 2023 7:14 am

esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
GURLAK wrote:

If you care about the title, enjoy Boston. Don’t waste your time. You boys should try to find some real meaning in your life. While your remarkable judgements look impressive, they are hardly hardly useful from a practical perspective.

All these remarkable judgments is practica for Ja, so we can only hope he matures and listens.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Re: Update:Is there concern in Memphis over Ja Morant's recent behavior? 

Post#26 » by SD2042 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:56 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ja-morant-issued-8-game-suspension-without-pay-eligible-for-grizzlies-return-monday-190526910.html

Update: Ja Morant's suspension will result in eight games. Conduct Detrimental to the league. The games Ja has missed and the remaining games will be counted as the eight to be missed. Ja has left the counseling facility and will be eligible to return to the Grizzlies on Monday when they face off against the Mavericks at FedEx Forum.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#27 » by VCfor3 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:09 am

Will be interesting to see the full Jalen Rose interview, but it sucks that Ja has to immediately do an interview after leaving the counseling center. Give the guy a minute to take a breath.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#28 » by jefe » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:43 pm

Talk is cheap. He's gotta walk the walk going forward.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,677

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:09 pm

esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 391

Post#30 » by esvl » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:11 pm

Ja is our God
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,288

Post#31 » by shrink » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:11 pm

I’m a Wolves fan, and I think fans of free agent destination cities don’t realize that our teams can’t just expect another star to walk in, if we trade a current one. Our teams need to do all they can to help them reach their full potential.

In Minnesota, Anthony Edwards gave a lot of credit his rookie year to Ricky Rubio for mentoring him. When he was traded for Taurean Prince (another quiet leader), DLo and PatBev became bigger voices in Ant’s ear, and GM Tim Connelly seemed to focus on finding good character professionals to help him, with your buddy Kyle Anderson, Austin Rivers specifically talked about that responsibility, and finally your other buddy, three time sportsmanship award winner Mike Conley.

I am curious about the locker room leadership in MEM. I was unaware about Steven Adams running a player’s only meeting. I see him as a professional and a competitor, but I wonder .. is he a team leader that Ja would listen to?
Or is Ja the leader of the clubhouse, setting the tone?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 14, 2023 5:56 pm

Same question, are you guys concerned yet?

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#33 » by VCfor3 » Sun May 14, 2023 7:21 pm

The concern definitely went up. Ja, to his credit, did make some changes. He has done less on social media, there were no reports of him partying the night before games, and he was doing all that the NBA/Memphis FO had asked of him. It seemed like this would simply be a painful blip on the radar as we launched into true contention. But if Ja's friends are still live streaming him to the world and Ja is repeating past mistakes then it is indeed concerning. The league doesn't care if Ja owns a billion guns or waves them around in private. They only care what is made public. Ja made a change but I haven't seen his friend DTap do anything that inspires confidence that he won't continue to help Ja get in trouble. DTap has been involved in every incident it sounds like. As Ja continues to lose money I hope he gets his crew under control so we can simply focus on basketball and not dumb stuff like this.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#34 » by Benedict_Boozer » Mon May 15, 2023 9:25 pm

VCfor3 wrote:The concern definitely went up. Ja, to his credit, did make some changes. He has done less on social media, there were no reports of him partying the night before games, and he was doing all that the NBA/Memphis FO had asked of him. It seemed like this would simply be a painful blip on the radar as we launched into true contention. But if Ja's friends are still live streaming him to the world and Ja is repeating past mistakes then it is indeed concerning. The league doesn't care if Ja owns a billion guns or waves them around in private. They only care what is made public. Ja made a change but I haven't seen his friend DTap do anything that inspires confidence that he won't continue to help Ja get in trouble. DTap has been involved in every incident it sounds like. As Ja continues to lose money I hope he gets his crew under control so we can simply focus on basketball and not dumb stuff like this.

He just needs to get his dudes to stop filming stuff

He was clearly just clowning but the optics on a live stream like that are no bueno for the league, he needs to have a no camera policy with his boys for real
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#35 » by SD2042 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:47 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:The concern definitely went up. Ja, to his credit, did make some changes. He has done less on social media, there were no reports of him partying the night before games, and he was doing all that the NBA/Memphis FO had asked of him. It seemed like this would simply be a painful blip on the radar as we launched into true contention. But if Ja's friends are still live streaming him to the world and Ja is repeating past mistakes then it is indeed concerning. The league doesn't care if Ja owns a billion guns or waves them around in private. They only care what is made public. Ja made a change but I haven't seen his friend DTap do anything that inspires confidence that he won't continue to help Ja get in trouble. DTap has been involved in every incident it sounds like. As Ja continues to lose money I hope he gets his crew under control so we can simply focus on basketball and not dumb stuff like this.

He just needs to get his dudes to stop filming stuff

He was clearly just clowning but the optics on a live stream like that are no bueno for the league, he needs to have a no camera policy with his boys for real

Definitely this part about not having him on social media that will get Ja in trouble like this situation twice to your point Booz. :nonono:

This is what happened with social media isn't used responsibly. The world does not need to know what is done behind closed doors. As far we the fans need to know is that you're doing you by being the professional bball player he needs to be. Ja needs a timeout and a reminder that being a pro player and a public figure comes with responsibilities. Clean up his optics, check his crew if he intends on keeping them around. Or drop his crew if they continue to put him in a bad light. He Ja chooses wrong, he may as well close the door on what could've been a great NBA career. All in the name of perpetrating a life he does not or need a reason to live it.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#36 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 17, 2023 12:39 pm

What are we looking at, fellas?

A 20 game suspension? 40 games? A whole season?

Curious to see what the Union does in response to any additional discipline at this point.

Read on Twitter
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#37 » by jefe » Wed May 17, 2023 12:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:What are we looking at, fellas?

A 20 game suspension? 40 games? A whole season?

Curious to see what the Union does in response to any additional discipline at this point.

Read on Twitter

Just a guess - I'll say 25. The closest precedent is Arenas, and he got 50 under far worse circumstances on the whole. If Silver goes too far, then I think there will be significant push back from the players association.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#38 » by VCfor3 » Fri May 19, 2023 12:18 am

I think 16-25
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#39 » by SD2042 » Fri May 19, 2023 1:09 am

I'm thinking 35 to 42 games.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#40 » by jman3134 » Fri May 19, 2023 3:45 am

10 game suspension

Return to Memphis Grizzlies