And1: 2,414

Hollins to coach Nets 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:37 am

jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Re: Hollins to coach Nets 

Post#2 » by jefe » Thu Jul 3, 2014 12:17 pm

Good for him. Looking forward to him inevitably benching the Nets stars when they play with a lack of effort and his relationship with the NY media. In the Eastern Conference with an owner ready to spend, he ought to have a good run with the Nets.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#3 » by jumivi » Thu Jul 3, 2014 1:12 pm

Congrats! well deserved.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#4 » by dark-child » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:40 pm

Long overdue, since the Nets were originally denied permission to speak with him last year by ex CEO only for them to surprise everyone with the Kidd hire. A year later both the Grizz CEO and Kidd are gone, and Hollins and the Nets have found each other.

Although there are vets on the team of some quality, success does look daunting but Hollins is a winner so does he see a Championship prior to the home team?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:15 am

The Nets should benefit from Hollins coaching methods. He may however have to do so without Paul Pierce as it seems Doc Rivers and the Clippers are looking into a sign and trade of Pierce. Whatever happens with the Nets, congrats to Lionel and best of luck to him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm

jefe wrote:Good for him. Looking forward to him inevitably benching the Nets stars when they play with a lack of effort and his relationship with the NY media. In the Eastern Conference with an owner ready to spend, he ought to have a good run with the Nets.

this would make me extremely happy as a nets fan. i can tell you how many times ive begged for williams or lopez to be benched for effort. do you think he would really do this?
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#7 » by jefe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 am

Prokorov wrote:
jefe wrote:Good for him. Looking forward to him inevitably benching the Nets stars when they play with a lack of effort and his relationship with the NY media. In the Eastern Conference with an owner ready to spend, he ought to have a good run with the Nets.

this would make me extremely happy as a nets fan. i can tell you how many times ive begged for williams or lopez to be benched for effort. do you think he would really do this?

Yes. Hollins is/was known in Memphis for treating all of his players the same. The most prominent example is his treatment of AI. Supposedly, Hollins said / did something in practice relative to AI that earned the respect of all the other players because they saw that he treated everyone, even the "star" AI the same. Of course, it's public knowledge that he refused to start AI and only brought him off the bench for limited minutes during his short stint here - the shortness of his stay being caused by Hollins' coaching decisions regarding him.

Hollins is a tough, hard-headed SOB, which is great in some respects - but probably cost him his job here, too. If Williams / Lopez are not playing to his liking, I have no doubt that he'll bench them - even if it leads to clashes with Billy King / the front office.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 pm

jefe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Yes. Hollins is/was known in Memphis for treating all of his players the same. The most prominent example is his treatment of AI. Supposedly, Hollins said / did something in practice relative to AI that earned the respect of all the other players because they saw that he treated everyone, even the "star" AI the same. Of course, it's public knowledge that he refused to start AI and only brought him off the bench for limited minutes during his short stint here - the shortness of his stay being caused by Hollins' coaching decisions regarding him.

Hollins is a tough, hard-headed SOB, which is great in some respects - but probably cost him his job here, too. If Williams / Lopez are not playing to his liking, I have no doubt that he'll bench them - even if it leads to clashes with Billy King / the front office.

Thanks thats good to know. i think he'll be a good fit given that attitude

Return to Memphis Grizzlies