TP#22 & QP#8 Appreciation Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

TP#22 & QP#8 Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 pm

This thread will be dedicated to Prince and Pondexter who will be departing the Grizzlies to go to their new teams beginning Monday. If anyone wish to say their piece on the both them, this is the thread to handle it in.

Prince can still contribute to a team. The question is will the Celts allow him to part ways so he can play for a contender?

As for Prince as a player, I have great respect for him ever since he played against my Magic back in 2004 when T-Mac was there and he single handedly made T-Mac struggled the rest of the series after the Pistons found themselves down 3-1 on the brink of elimination. He earned my respect from that day forward. I wished he was the same Tayshaun Prince when the Grizz traded Rudy Gay back in 2013. He did all he could in-spite of his age and pain from last season. I wish him the best the rest of the way.

Best of luck TP.

I haven't been that high on Q-Pon like most ppl I've talked with during Q-Pon's time as a Grizzly. I felt that with his history of injuries that this past offseason would've been a great time to move off his deal while the timing is good. Now that Q-Pon is going back to New Orleans, I wish him well that he gets better in consistency and effort on the hardwood and that he does his best to stay healthy.

Best of luck QP.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: TP#22 & QP#8 Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:09 am

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 am

Q-Pon is a class act - glad to see he is embracing it. Still, I would have liked to keep him, but you can't get something for nothing I guess. We will miss his defensive presence for sure.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 am

Mr Prince, it is sad to see him go. At first his trade made not much sense since we gave up Gay, but time proved we got better, maybe because Gay left or maybe because he helped to make us better. I believe it was because of him but his days here are over... I wish him a nice buyout and to sign for a contender...

Regarding Q, I am one of those that thinks that he could still be helpfull. I will always remember him for those great playoffs he played so well. For him I just wish him minutes, that is all he needs.
"Take that for Data!"
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#5 » by dark-child » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Good luck Guys, but not too much if you are on playoff teams in the West.

Q-Pon - you believed you were a star in the making, so there are minutes there in my hometown so go for yours, and prove us all wrong
NOP are looking for an answer at the SF, so are you that somebody?
Tay - old age is undefeated, and we just needed more, I suspect you will wind up with the Clippers as a free agent this year, it will be
what they need as your guile and basketball IQ are second to none. If we are able to move off of Vince before the start of next
season who knows I for one would not mind having you back and the expectations will be less and you can continue to do
everything that is asked of you and needed for this team. You have become family and a brother to our guys so this is just
seeing you later and not goodbye.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies