ImageImage

Memphis looks to acquire Harkless

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Memphis looks to acquire Harkless 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:14 am

Harkless is a good prospect and very athletic, he is being grossly underused, being benched most of the time and is at odds with Orlando management for his effort each night, but why should he when he is getting benched? I think he needs a change of scenery with some vets, I saw a post earlier considering trading Leur and Calathes and maybe some 2nd round pick kind of asset to Orlando to try him out, gives them a tested PF and a good combo guard on very small contracts, gives us a chance to have an athletic prospect wing on his rookie deal, try to get him to clean up his act a bit on the court and be more motivated, also allows Green more time to slip into that PF role a bit during rotations as well as giving more minutes to our rookies Russ smith, Adams and Stokes, which would be good for all for all of them to get some limited minutes each night and learn the system by being in games a little each night incase we have an emergency come playoffs like injury we have to utilize them more. I think most people will agree with me that Green and stokes can take his minutes, also Memphis according to sources opened this small bit of cap to be able to give Koufos a deal around MLE and hopefully not go into the tax this summer, that being said, Memphis needs to look to move Carter if they can, but also if we retain Koufos, without Leur we can play athletic small ball with Green at PF and Harkless at SF and utilize both more, regular with Stokes, or give Koufos some of the mintues turned over by leur as well and have him and Gasol on the floor as a big combo of rim protection, I actually do this on video games for years, but Leur has always been the odd man out for me on the front court, especially since acquiring stokes in the draft.
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Re: Memphis looks to acquire Harkless 

Post#2 » by Zordor » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:20 am

I would say doing something like Leur, Calathes, Carter for Nicholson, Green, Harkless would benefit both teams, the orlando could use a mentor for their young wing players like dipo , fournier, and marble
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:49 am

Hey Z, is Memphis really looking into Harkless or you going by the thread I created on the trade board? If it's real, need a source. I want this to be true.
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Zordor » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Going by your thread as a discussion, I would love for them to pursue Harkless been wanting him as potential 6th man since he entered the league
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#5 » by dark-child » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Trading Leur and Calathes = yes

Trading Leur & Calathes for another wing player = No

Would like to see a legit PF who can board and bang like Reggie Evans, Glen Davis, or even Ed Davis. All of their contracts would fit with what we could afford to send out.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#6 » by jumivi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:09 pm

and we have 3mill trade exception generate in Q-Pon deal.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:42 am

Zordor wrote:Going by your thread as a discussion, I would love for them to pursue Harkless been wanting him as potential 6th man since he entered the league

Gotcha. The title was misleading. I wasn't sure was it valid or not.

dark-child wrote:Trading Leur and Calathes = yes

Trading Leur & Calathes for another wing player = No

Would like to see a legit PF who can board and bang like Reggie Evans, Glen Davis, or even Ed Davis. All of their contracts would fit with what we could afford to send out.

Keep in mind that Green is a hybrid combo. He's better off the bench as your scorer. If the Grizz were to add another SF then instantly you have a PF in Green in which you have the option to take advantage in matchup situations.

Actually wouldn't mind Glen Davis. The Clips are finding themselves in a bind as they are attempting to acquire a SF without giving away more assets than necessary. Wonder if the Grizz can get in on that?
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Zordor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Agree, I have wanted Glen Davis for a while, also reacquiring Darrell Arthur in the TPE might not be bad either
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#9 » by jumivi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Glen Davis?????????????????????? seriously?

Return to Memphis Grizzlies