Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

TOR/MEM total shooter overhaul 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Sat Jun 6, 2015 2:15 am

Toronto trades Ross + Patterson + 20th pick
for
Memphis trading Lee + Green + Leur + TOR 2016 2nd pick back

Memphis drafts Justin Anderson at #20 Great athleticism, 3 point shooting, defense, fits our system, high BBIQ, and very humble/coachable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-i4htHCYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynNLqxo1ZM

#25 they draft a backup bigman or a RHJ (if still on the board)

Conley/Smith/Udrih
Ross/Adams/Carter
Allen/Anderson
Z-Bo/Patterson/Jamychal Green/Stokes
Gasol/#25 pick/ Oden

This should be about the same in the starting unit as Ross is a 3-D guy who can dunk down Alley Oops (basically all we used Lee for, he was underutilized in Memphis in my opinion) but it is a HUGE upgrade on the bench, Patterson spaces the floor, basically plays the game we needed out of Leur, Anderson has already been explained , Adams can space the floor with knock down 3s and Smith gets a chance in the rotation as well, the #25 pick wont be Koufos but it wil atleast be a stop gap that can soak up a couple minutes each game, and Stokes and Patterson can both Small Ball the C position pretty well.

For Toronto is makes sense though too as they needed an overall upgrade on Ross who doesnt just 3-D , they get it in Lee who they play as a solid 6th man off the bench next to Lou Williams and they get a true SF to put back into the starting rotation in Green who can also play some PF for them and Leur can hold a fringe rotational spot until they get their PF resigned and gives them the flexibility to not have to feel so pressured to resign Hansborough because of Green/Leur , allows them a lot more roster flexibility going into FA
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Re: TOR/MEM total shooter overhaul 

Post#2 » by dalton749 » Sat Jun 6, 2015 10:11 pm

Toronto wouldn't do that deal
Ross/ lee is pretty equal because of the age difference, Patterson is worth more than Jeff green because of his shooting, and wouldn't be any better than having James Johnson imo
Masai is a scouting gm and will value that pick to much to throw it away
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#3 » by jumivi » Sat Jun 6, 2015 10:46 pm

zordor, try to make probable trades, your trades are always a waste of time. 2k trades...
lee + green for ross + patterson... mmmmmmm i dont like for the grizz (and i really like Patterson), but its possible, BUT leuer + second for 20 pick? come on
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Zordor » Sun Jun 7, 2015 12:03 am

clearly Leur + 2nd is not worth 20th, id say Green for Patterson is close based on Toronto need for length on the wing and a starting SF, but in my opinion Lee is a much better option than ross and Ross is on the trading block, had one guy tell me Lee was an 8th man... I do question some people, if that were true then Lee for Ross would be equal... but im pretty sure Lee starts for most teams, and where are you getting 2k trades? I use the ESPN trade machine just to check contracts...
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,362

Post#5 » by TheGameWinner » Sun Jun 7, 2015 5:26 am

No chance Toronto takes on Green's contract when they are eying KD in 2016 - not my words... Masais.

Toronto gets better in the short term, and Memphis gets worse Patterson would be buried on the bench with ZBo and Gasol getting all the minutes. T Ross is inconsistent and Gasol might falcon punch him back to washington
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Zordor » Sun Jun 7, 2015 12:14 pm

Green's contract is up in 2016 you know? it would actually give them more space to sign KD...
KJarrett
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#7 » by KJarrett » Sun Jun 7, 2015 5:27 pm

Why does everybody want Leur gone he dont't make alot money.He is a nba player we not going get nothing for him I dont get waived him only get 2 round pick money his contract is nothing. :banghead:
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Sun Jun 7, 2015 8:04 pm

KJarrett wrote:Why does everybody want Leur gone he dont't make alot money.He is a nba player we not going get nothing for him I dont get waived him only get 2 round pick money his contract is nothing. :banghead:

Leuer really played himself out of the rotation when he did not take advantage of his opportunities. Really Leuer is a what a call a situational player who can play in spot minutes like the one game he played in last season where he scored I think 16 or 18 points. The guy is likely to be a former Grizzly by July 1st.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#9 » by jumivi » Mon Jun 8, 2015 3:01 pm

Zordor wrote:clearly Leur + 2nd is not worth 20th, id say Green for Patterson is close based on Toronto need for length on the wing and a starting SF, but in my opinion Lee is a much better option than ross and Ross is on the trading block, had one guy tell me Lee was an 8th man... I do question some people, if that were true then Lee for Ross would be equal... but im pretty sure Lee starts for most teams, and where are you getting 2k trades? I use the ESPN trade machine just to check contracts...

u have to use some logic (needs) for teams, not only contracts. We can have Lebron for Zbo in trade machine.

Toronto needs length on the wing and a starting SF... so we give them GREEN, who is the only SF on our team (and if we are going to trade him is because we think he cant play there..... so :banghead: ) but, if Green cant play here for our system, why u think Ross can?
If u think they have Green for one year rental couse they will go for KD, why they are going to give us the 20 pick?
If u want anyways a trade for Ross + 20pick i think its more fair Green + 25pick then Lee + Leuer for Patterson could be possible in the pack.

I still hace faith in Green (not in our current system)
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#10 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm

I don't think ross is going to fix anything and i'd give green another chance. Patterson would be nice of course.

What this team really needs the most, imo, is a veteran wing (preferably sg) that can shoot and create his own offense. Of course those guys are in short supply, especially ones that are possibly available. In fact the only one i can think of is kevin martin. He should be available, minnesota really has no need for him. Maybe they'd take lee and a 1st rounder for him? He's getting older but given his playstyle i don't think he'll have much of a drop off over the next 2-3 years. Conley will still be the main playmaker of course, martin would just be there to lighten the load.

conley - udrih
martin - carter/adams (depending on carter's health) - allen
green - allen - carter/adams
randolph - stokes/jamychal (- jeff green, small ball)
gasol - kosta (or free agent)

See how they do for the first few months. If green is still as inconsistent as this season, try to move him. He should do better in this lineup though, all he needs to do is run the break, cut, take open shots and play defense. We shouldn't have to watch him try to take people of the dribble as much.

I don't know enough about possible rookies to comment on them, other than i believe montrezl harrell is going to be a stud but i'd be surprised if he were available at 25. Zordor's justin anderson looks promising as well and maybe even michael qualls who could be a sleeper.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#11 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Zordor, are you from JustinĀ“s family or something like that? Every single trade you make have us drafting him.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Zordor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 am

Justin is just a good player, and I am I admit, a UVA homer, but I really do think he plays a game that we could use, he shoots much like Joe harris who was drafted by the Cavs last year, but has better defense, ball handling, physicals and athleticism than Harris has. He is a guy even though picked in the 20s I think can easily jump into a NBA team and be a key contributor, he made huge progress , especially in his shot from sophmore to junior year, and he can probably up other parts of him game, I will admit I am not sure he has a huge high ceiling, he isnt going to be an all-star, but he could be a solid starter or 6th man on a team pretty quick

Return to Memphis Grizzlies