ImageImage

ATL/MEM/MIN

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

ATL/MEM/MIN 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Wed Aug 5, 2015 6:16 pm

This will seem like a rather large trade, I actually broke it down as a few individual trades but I will list all players going in and out all at once.

MEM out:
Jeff Green
Jamychal Green
Stokes
Adams
TOR 2016 Second

ATL out:
Splitter
Bazemore
Mike Scott
Mack
Min 1rst round pick they got last year

Minny out:
Kevin Martin
Pekovic

MEM in:
K-Mart
Splitter

ATL in:
Jeff Green
Jamychal Green
Pekovic

Minny in:
Bazemore (probably bought out)
Mike Scott (depending on how minny feels, probably cut via stretch)
Mack
Stokes
Adams
Min 1rst round pick back that they sent to ATL last season
TOR 2016 Second

First let's get out I am not a big K mart fan (as it goes for him coming to the Grizzlies as many think he should), so if this didnt make some serious sense I really would be against it. Memphis gets a true backup PF in Splitter who can also play minutes at the C giving them versatility in the back court with rotations with Gasol-Randolph-Wright-Splitter, also cleans up the wing rotation a bit and gives memphis a solid scoring option in K-mart who can come off the bench, and with the addition of Barnes and the overall defense of memphis as a whole, its one of the few places he probably would not be as hurtful on the defensive side of the ball. I HATE losing Jordan Adams, i would trade jarell martin instead in a second, but we already have the biggest log jam on the wings and Adams would be much better suited getting playing time with the Wolves and becoming a great player.

Atlanta NEEDS rebounding even more than interior defense, Splitter is okay on the interior, but Pekovic is better AND is MUCH better at rebounding, paying a guy 12M to come off the bench is tough, but its only 3M more than what they were going to do with splitter anyway, and with him coming off the bench it should limit injury concerns, also this gives them Jeff Green who is a versatile wing player able to play the 3 and the 4, losing Carroll hurt, and Green wouldnt be a perfect replacement, but he isnt a bad option when they desperately need a solid 3 man who can guard larger wing players and 4s (like carroll did, especially on Lebron), jamychal green is just a cheap prospect thrown in to maybe take the place of mike scott. Yes they are trading Sefalosha, he also has some injury concerns and is a defensive wing, but he is expendable.

Minny is going into rebuild mode, they have some solid young players and they are ready to see the next era, but that also means clearing space, playing time, and opportunities for their young core. Minny brings back a bit of trash i will admit, and half the guys from Atlanta are going to be cut, but they also get back a bit of infusion of youth with Adams and stokes, as well as bringing back their future 1rst round pick back from Atlanta and getting a second round pick from Memphis, they do this trade to make way for their younger players and pick up a few assets in the process, they arent necessarily selling high on these guys, they are just getting them off the payroll.

Breakdown:

Atlanta sends
Bazemore
Mike Scott
Mack
Min 1rst round pick they got last year

to Minny for
Pekovic

Atlanta sends Splitter to

Memphis for
Jeff Green
Jamychal Green