ImageImage

Marc Gasol - Got Paid and Now Unmotivated

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,699

Marc Gasol - Got Paid and Now Unmotivated 

Post#1 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 am

Ugh, this is the final year of the window of title-contending but with the leader, Marc Gasol not playing well, lazy and unmotivated this appears to be a lost season. Sure, we'll probably make the playoffs but at this rate, first round fodders again.

The Grizzlies are nearer to the likes of Rockets, Mavericks, etc rather than true contenders like the Spurs, Thunder and Warriors and that's a sad thing considering what we built on the last seasons.

This is Pau gasol all over again. A franchise player that's not good enough lead Memphis to a title :(
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Re: Marc Gasol - Got Paid and Now Unmotivated 

Post#2 » by lambchop » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Well the grizz are missing a couple of pieces imo. They lack a versatile player, who can create, finish and stretch the floor. A lot of their guys are inconsistent like chalmers, conley and green or easy to contain like barnes and lee.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Ugh, this is the final year of the window of title-contending but with the leader, Marc Gasol not playing well, lazy and unmotivated this appears to be a lost season. Sure, we'll probably make the playoffs but at this rate, first round fodders again.

The Grizzlies are nearer to the likes of Rockets, Mavericks, etc rather than true contenders like the Spurs, Thunder and Warriors and that's a sad thing considering what we built on the last seasons.

This is Pau gasol all over again. A franchise player that's not good enough lead Memphis to a title :(

First off, been a minute. Good to hear from you. Your post reminds me of the ongoing debate I been having with the locals here in recent weeks. Considering that Memphis is a sports town we have the sense to know if a team has the right ingredients to function as a potential contender to fight for a championship. This team up to this season had those ingredients. The front office failed this team in the offseason by not refreshing or at least put some younger talent in key positions to help balance out the roster.

With the way the Western Conference is shaped up right now, the time is now to rebuild the Grit-N-Grind foundation from top to bottom. Get the best value with the current players the Grizzlies have now and get back some young talent to build on for the future. Otherwise, this current roster is heading on a collision course to get bounce from the first round of the playoffs.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,699

Post#4 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 pm

SD2042 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Ugh, this is the final year of the window of title-contending but with the leader, Marc Gasol not playing well, lazy and unmotivated this appears to be a lost season. Sure, we'll probably make the playoffs but at this rate, first round fodders again.

First off, been a minute. Good to hear from you. Your post reminds me of the ongoing debate I been having with the locals here in recent weeks. Considering that Memphis is a sports town we have the sense to know if a team has the right ingredients to function as a potential contender to fight for a championship. This team up to this season had those ingredients. The front office failed this team in the offseason by not refreshing or at least put some younger talent in key positions to help balance out the roster.

With the way the Western Conference is shaped up right now, the time is now to rebuild the Grit-N-Grind foundation from top to bottom. Get the best value with the current players the Grizzlies have now and get back some young talent to build on for the future. Otherwise, this current roster is heading on a collision course to get bounce from the first round of the playoffs.

Agreed. There is no fallback option at all. No young guys to develop, no young potentials to look forward to. It's basically an "all-in" year for the Grizzlies (like the past two or three seasons).

(Also, yeah glad to be posting here from time to time. i never really had a team to follow since Jwill retired, so i am actually a free agent. But when pressed for answer for a favorite: Grizzlies is the easy and quick answer.:D)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#5 » by vanjulio » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 am

He played 1st Team All NBA with a NEW BORN last year. Now 1 year old should be easier... instead a huge regression. I have a newborn this year so I follow closely how these superstars can be at elite level with th;eir personal life flipped upside down and me I just go to a 8-5 job Mon-Fri which seems difficult enough with a baby that wakes you up all night..... But he has $15M this year and I am sure a full time nanny. No excuses. Other than - got paid last year.. maybe wasn't there involved at home as much as he could be - now this year its different - its - I better tend to my family now? Ugh. Although not having KOUFOS hurts and not having Jon Lauer hurts.... That is on mgmt. Brandon Wright can't hold his jock strap. How I miss even MO SPEIGHTS
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die

Return to Memphis Grizzlies