ImageImage

Update:Is there concern in Memphis over Ja Morant's recent behavior?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,503

Re: Update:Is there concern in Memphis over Ja Morant's recent behavior? 

Post#41 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 24, 2023 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#42 » by VCfor3 » Thu May 25, 2023 10:42 pm

Only Ja and those close to him know what that means, but Ja did say he just meant he was saying goodbye to social media for what it is worth.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#43 » by jefe » Sat May 27, 2023 2:27 pm

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't get a suspension announcement from the NBA yesterday (Friday) afternoon in an effort to "dump" it before moving into the Finals and the draft. At this point, I think the NBA is just going to sit on it until after the Finals.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#44 » by VCfor3 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:19 pm

jefe wrote:I'm a bit surprised that we didn't get a suspension announcement from the NBA yesterday (Friday) afternoon in an effort to "dump" it before moving into the Finals and the draft. At this point, I think the NBA is just going to sit on it until after the Finals.

I'm wondering if it comes during the Finals honestly. Like early on.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#45 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 2, 2023 1:03 pm

Might Ja be suspended the entire season?

Read on Twitter
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#46 » by esvl » Sat Jun 3, 2023 2:26 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Might Ja be suspended the entire season?

Read on Twitter

He might easily be. Life will go on anyway, and he will learn a lesson: people are morons. I believe he is suspecting already.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#47 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:53 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Might Ja be suspended the entire season?

Read on Twitter

Nah he isn't missing an entire season. I think it'll be less than half the season tbh even though those comments don't make me feel great. Woj said something like "the number 17 has popped up a lot lately" which would mean he can't miss a single game or else wouldn't be eligible for awards. Incentive for him to be on the court every game seems like something they'd lean into.
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#48 » by BoatsNZones » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:14 pm

Are you guys hearing these rumors that this “extra information” is related to the police and/or internal investigation from the Pacers incident? I have no clue if they’re true, but the rumor there is that they may have proof that it was indeed a gun being pointed in the incident. In which case this could go South extremely quick for Ja.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#49 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 4:41 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:Are you guys hearing these rumors that this “extra information” is related to the police and/or internal investigation from the Pacers incident? I have no clue if they’re true, but the rumor there is that they may have proof that it was indeed a gun being pointed in the incident. In which case this could go South extremely quick for Ja.

I hadn't heard that. Would definitely change things if true. Appreciate the info.

Silver announcing they would wait until after the finals in order to not distract from the two teams playing totally backfired. People are still very much talking about the Ja stuff now. I'm ready for them to just announce whatever the punishment is so we can move on.
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#50 » by BoatsNZones » Mon Jun 5, 2023 9:06 am

VCfor3 wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:Are you guys hearing these rumors that this “extra information” is related to the police and/or internal investigation from the Pacers incident? I have no clue if they’re true, but the rumor there is that they may have proof that it was indeed a gun being pointed in the incident. In which case this could go South extremely quick for Ja.

I hadn't heard that. Would definitely change things if true. Appreciate the info.

Silver announcing they would wait until after the finals in order to not distract from the two teams playing totally backfired. People are still very much talking about the Ja stuff now. I'm ready for them to just announce whatever the punishment is so we can move on.

I would think it would have a more substantial leak at this point if true, so that's why I was curious if those of you who might be in the area had picked up on it. Time will tell I suppose.

As much as I enjoy rooting against you guys in the basketball season, this has gone beyond that and I'm just hoping for the best for your team and Ja and the league as a whole really (we're talking about possibly the top young US individual here, this matters).
jefe
General Manager

Post#51 » by jefe » Tue Jun 6, 2023 9:56 am

I haven't heard that but, if it confirms a gun involved in the Pacers incident, then I think it moves this situation beyond the Gilbert Arenas incident and into the potential for a full season suspension.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by esvl » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:00 pm

There are rumours that somebody’s back was leaked. If confirmed, I suspect things can’t go further south.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by esvl » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:05 pm

The Ja vs lizards & corporate whores story has been developing… They desperately want Ja to kneel… The kid is still fighting for his dignity…
jefe
General Manager

Post#54 » by jefe » Wed Jun 7, 2023 12:03 pm

esvl wrote:The Ja vs lizards & corporate whores story has been developing… They desperately want Ja to kneel… The kid is still fighting for his dignity…

Wait, wait, wait. Are you referencing lizard people? You believe in lizard people and believe Ja is "fighting for his dignity" against lizard people?
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by esvl » Wed Jun 7, 2023 12:15 pm

jefe wrote:
esvl wrote:The Ja vs lizards & corporate whores story has been developing… They desperately want Ja to kneel… The kid is still fighting for his dignity…

Wait, wait, wait. Are you referencing lizard people? You believe in lizard people and believe Ja is "fighting for his dignity" against lizard people?

I believe that there is some significant mismatch in what Ja did and the orchestrated reaction of all corporate whores. That’s the point.

Oh yeah - Adam Silver does remind me a lizard, a bit.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#56 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:34 pm

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#57 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 9, 2023 12:31 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

At this point, I'm just keeping the patience until after the Finals is done. Right now,I'm getting this odd feeling that some analysts from the media are getting antsy and want the suspense of Ja's upcoming suspension to be announce already so they can create their hot takes on the issue. Sometimes, ppl just need to wait it out.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by esvl » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:22 pm

*** lizard

Return to Memphis Grizzlies