GAME 69: MEM vs SAS

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

GAME 69: MEM vs SAS 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:49 am

Terrible first quarter first half so far. JJJ is the only one who has somewhat shown up tonight. Gotta finish the 2nd strong and come out firing in the 2nd half (and pray they stop hitting everything from deep).
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Re: GAME 69: MEM vs SAS 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:51 am

Wow what a finish! I'm not totally sure how we pulled that out, but I'm glad we did.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#3 » by esvl » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:17 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Wow what a finish! I'm not totally sure how we pulled that out, but I'm glad we did.

I have given up, then gladly regretted and re-watched.

Any chance you can help me justify why Kennard refused to make one step forward after the fake shot to be out of a jumped over defender instead of making a step left or right staying close to a recovering defender? Is his long 2pt shot is significantly worse than 3pt one? I have no other explanation. It drives me mad.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 pm

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Wow what a finish! I'm not totally sure how we pulled that out, but I'm glad we did.

Any chance you can help me justify why Kennard refused to make one step forward after the fake shot to be out of a jumped over defender instead of making a step left or right staying close to a recovering defender? Is his long 2pt shot is significantly worse than 3pt one? I have no other explanation. It drives me mad.

I think he just really wanted that extra point.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#5 » by esvl » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:04 am

VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:

I think he just really wanted that extra point.

Me theory is that mathematically his 40% from 3pt still better than 50% long 2pt.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies