ImageImage

Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#101 » by RingoKid » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:13 am

Kleiman is clutching at straws signing and waiving players like a boss at a slavemart.

Jenkins is useless at player development and stars dont want to go to Memphis because he sucks.

Grizz are gonna be stuck in a hell hole of mediocrity until Kleiman and Jenkins go.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#102 » by esvl » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:06 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Anyone else feel like GG will be a part of any star trade as a blue chip young guy? I don't know if any star shakes loose that we have interest in, but I feel opposing teams would demand him or Vince with GG making more sense. A top pick this draft, GG as a young prospect, and future 1sts (with swaps that somewhat raise the floor of two picks). That's a solid package. Not saying I would want to give GG up, but just that he seems like a sticking point in future trade discussions when star hunting.

Yes, I have been thinking about the same. I am currently at 60/40 in favour of keeping them both off of market because:
1. Their contracts are so friendly for 2 years ahead. This is our championship winfow.
2. There is a solid chance that it is another “Bane” fairytale story. Even better given that Vince is arguably the best on-ball defender in the league and GG’s size and athleticism remind me of some very exceptional examples.
3. We are not desperate for another star to be a true contender cause we are the one as of now.
4. If the star becomes available, #7 and future picks can make it happen. We would still be able to pay a fair/even good price.

Curious what other guys think.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 175

Post#103 » by QMemphis » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:09 am

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Anyone else feel like GG will be a part of any star trade as a blue chip young guy? I don't know if any star shakes loose that we have interest in, but I feel opposing teams would demand him or Vince with GG making more sense. A top pick this draft, GG as a young prospect, and future 1sts (with swaps that somewhat raise the floor of two picks). That's a solid package. Not saying I would want to give GG up, but just that he seems like a sticking point in future trade discussions when star hunting.

Yes, I have been thinking about the same. I am currently at 60/40 in favour of keeping them both off of market because:
1. Their contracts are so friendly for 2 years ahead. This is our championship winfow.
2. There is a solid chance that it is another “Bane” fairytale story. Even better given that Vince is arguably the best on-ball defender in the league and GG’s size and athleticism remind me of some very exceptional examples.
3. We are not desperate for another star to be a true contender cause we are the one as of now.
4. If the star becomes available, #7 and future picks can make it happen. We would still be able to pay a fair/even good price.

If Jaren can truly play center I go after Lauri.
Ziaire, Santi, Jake, Konchar 2024 pick for Dunn/Lauri and Omer

Ja/Des/Smart/Lauri/Jaren
Dunn/Luke/Vince/GG/Clarke
DRose/Tarik/Lamar/Yuta/Omer

That's a title team
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#104 » by esvl » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:26 pm

QMemphis wrote:
esvl wrote:

Ja/Des/Smart/Lauri/Jaren

That's a title team

I am not a big fan of pairing JJJ and Lauri give their skillset looks somewhat duplicative. But FO might decide to give a try and then trade either Lauri or JJJ if the plan doesn’t work. It would still be a good consolidation type of trade.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 175

Post#105 » by QMemphis » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:20 pm

esvl wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
esvl wrote:

Ja/Des/Smart/Lauri/Jaren

That's a title team

I am not a big fan of pairing JJJ and Lauri give their skillset looks somewhat duplicative. But FO might decide to give a try and then trade either Lauri or JJJ if the plan doesn’t work. It would still be a good consolidation type of trade.

That team would be on par with Boston and Denver in my opinion. Having that many high level guys who can also play off the ball would allow us to truly adopt the 5 out offense we have been running as of late.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies