And1: 377

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#21 » by esvl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:13 pm

VCfor3 wrote:So... ideas for a wing?

Ziare W.
LaRavia
Roddy

You pick )

I expect that we wait for the deadline. If Smart cost us Tyus + 2 1sts, I only imagine what a good big wing costs nowadays on the market. No. We wait…
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#22 » by SD2042 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:38 am

esvl wrote:

Ziare W.
LaRavia
Roddy

You pick )

I expect that we wait for the deadline. If Smart cost us Tyus + 2 1sts, I only imagine what a good big wing costs nowadays on the market. No. We wait…

Right now, the jury is roughly out on these three right now given the spot up minutes during the regular season. Roddy has the most minutes between the three plus the playoffs. I think Roddy will be involve more into the rotation in the upcoming season. To what extent, I don't know. As for Ziaire, my concern for him is his health and IQ. I get the Grizzlies took a high risk on his two years ago. So far, the move hasn't pay off yet. I wonder if the Grizzlies will put him back in the Hustle rotation to develop his skills or put him in the rotation once more to determine whether he will have a place on the team. To Laravia, he will need more time to develop his game. If he like the others continue to develop his game, there is a chance he may crack the rotation later in the upcoming season.

As for wings, I think the Grizzlies may have a list in mind. Some of which we may some ideas on. It could be a couple of wings we haven't thought if as well. Given that wings are the top expense right now, it will likely take some value to acquire this player. For me, I think we can eliminate Mikal Bridges and potentially OG Anunoby(unknown where T-Dot stands with the team status).

Possibles

Dorian Finney-Smith
Royce O'Neale
Jae Crowder
Robert Covington
Alec Burks
Amir Coffey
Matisse Thybulle
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by esvl » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:20 pm

SD2042 wrote:
esvl wrote:

Ziare W.
LaRavia
Roddy

You pick )

Right now, the jury is roughly out on these three right now given the spot up minutes during the regular season. Roddy has the most minutes between the three plus the playoffs. I think Roddy will be involve more into the rotation in the upcoming season. To what extent, I don't know. As for Ziaire, my concern for him is his health and IQ. I get the Grizzlies took a high risk on his two years ago. So far, the move hasn't pay off yet. I wonder if the Grizzlies will put him back in the Hustle rotation to develop his skills or put him in the rotation once more to determine whether he will have a place on the team. To Laravia, he will need more time to develop his game. If he like the others continue to develop his game, there is a chance he may crack the rotation later in the upcoming season.

As for wings, I think the Grizzlies may have a list in mind. Some of which we may some ideas on. It could be a couple of wings we haven't thought if as well. Given that wings are the top expense right now, it will likely take some value to acquire this player. For me, I think we can eliminate Mikal Bridges and potentially OG Anunoby(unknown where T-Dot stands with the team status).

Possibles

Dorian Finney-Smith
Royce O'Neale
Jae Crowder
Robert Covington
Alec Burks
Amir Coffey
Matisse Thybulle

One important thing - I believe we are looking for a ELITE big wing, not just a big wing. To that end, I believe that only DFS might fall into that category.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#24 » by SD2042 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:01 pm

esvl wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
esvl wrote:
Ziare W.
LaRavia
Roddy

You pick )

Possibles

Dorian Finney-Smith
Royce O'Neale
Jae Crowder
Robert Covington
Alec Burks
Amir Coffey
Matisse Thybulle

One important thing - I believe we are looking for a ELITE big wing, not just a big wing. To that end, I believe that only DFS might fall into that category.

I get the Grizzlies will likely want an ELITE wing player. No question about it. However, as we both know acquiring an elite wing player is a difficult hence the Grizzlies past attempts to acquire Mikal Bridges not long after he was traded to Brooklyn and OG Anunoby with the Raptors. Brooklyn was asking for a ransom and T-Dot just as they were then are hesitate on giving him up when they have Scottie Barnes in the wing.

Mikal Bridges is a solid 3&D as most of us know. Hell! He's the one player I would like for the Grizzlies to acquire. He doesn't demand the ball on most possessions. He's super reliable on defense and has a solid personality to boot. To me, if I were Brooklyn and I just got off both KD and Kyrie and I was offered a deal for four future first for Mikal, you damn straight I would took the deal and start the rebuild. Right now, the Nets currently and will likely be a mediocre team if your best player on the team is Mikal Bridges. He's a complimentary player, not an A1 type of player. Just like his guy Cam Johnson.

Anyway, as to his true value. If Mikal is not moved during the offseason and maybe the 2024 trade deadline, his value will go down a little bit as maybe his trade value will be at least a player or two plus two 1st round picks. All depends on what they do in the offseason and how the regular season goes towards the last three months of this year and into January 2024.

As for the list, I know it's not the elite list. It's keeping your options open. These players offer similar, yet different angles to the Grizzlies that could be beneficial to the team as needed. As much as we have certain players in mind that we wish the Grizzlies can acquire, they may not come to fruition. That's why in business, the emotions have to stay out of it at all times. The offseason has just begun. We don't know what the future has in store for this team. All we can hope for is that this team will strike at the right player at the right time. Regardless of how the situation plays out.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,978

Post#25 » by Stannis » Wed Jul 5, 2023 2:32 am

psman2 wrote:
Stannis wrote:I would like to see Derrik Rose return to Memphis and take on a mentor-ish role. I think he could really help Ja out.

He's done a great job in the Knicks locker room.

I think Memphis needs more level -headed veterans.

The deadline for the Knicks to re-sign Rose is this Saturday (June 24th).

We have zero roster spots for guy like Rose. We would have to make some major moves to opening up roster spots before we got to the point of wasting one on Rose.

And after watching a lot of the rape case with Rose years ago, he might not be a rapist but not a good guy either. NY or Chicago can keep him.

Glad to have him back in Memphis.

Unfortunate about his cases, but reality is, there's a lot of players in the league with rape + assault cases.
Free Palestine
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#26 » by Topofthekey » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:25 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Now we're talking.

You'd just need to acquire a top perimeter scorer off the bench, like Bogdan Bogdanovic or Jordan Clarkson and that's suddenly a really tough team to stop in the West.

Maybe we try to use a couple picks and chase OG again though with the new salary rules it may be tough to pay him his next contract. Then add someone like you said as a bench gunner to help round out the team.

that wont get it done :P DFS is more realistic if you need a 5th option 3/D wing

How about a Bane + picks package for Siakam + OG swap?
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,301

Post#27 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:52 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Maybe we try to use a couple picks and chase OG again though with the new salary rules it may be tough to pay him his next contract. Then add someone like you said as a bench gunner to help round out the team.

that wont get it done :P DFS is more realistic if you need a 5th option 3/D wing

Isnt he PPP
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#28 » by jefe » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:32 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Maybe we try to use a couple picks and chase OG again though with the new salary rules it may be tough to pay him his next contract. Then add someone like you said as a bench gunner to help round out the team.

Gross
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Topofthekey » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:00 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Isnt he PPP

I didn't check. Is he?

jefe wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Gross

But you end up with a Siakam, JJJ, OG at the 5-4-3 positions though

That's probably a top 3 frontcourt in the league
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#30 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:34 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:How about a Bane + picks package for Siakam + OG swap?

Isnt he PPP

I didn't check. Is he?

jefe wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:How about a Bane + picks package for Siakam + OG swap?

Gross

I'd rather keep Bane. Siakam and OG are both expiring and set to be UFAs this offseason. There is no guarantee we would have either one past this summer. Both will want large deals too, and I would be a little worried that OG won't like the role we would give him. He wants to be the guy. He'd likely be 4th in the pecking order behind Siakam, Ja, and JJJ. Better to wait until this summer and then maybe try for a S&T for one using that pick package. You'd know what salary you'd be agreeing to and could make sure they are okay with the role you'd be giving them.

Also having JJJ and Siakam as your two bigs leaves no true center and a large rebounding hole. If you get Siakam for cheap enough that is worthing trying, but losing Bane hurts too much to gamble on that experiment IMO. Others may feel differently.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Topofthekey » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:55 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Isnt he PPP

I didn't check. Is he?

jefe wrote:
Gross

I'd rather keep Bane. Siakam and OG are both expiring and set to be UFAs this offseason. There is no guarantee we would have either one past this summer. Both will want large deals too, and I would be a little worried that OG won't like the role we would give him. He wants to be the guy. He'd likely be 4th in the pecking order behind Siakam, Ja, and JJJ. Better to wait until this summer and then maybe try for a S&T for one using that pick package. You'd know what salary you'd be agreeing to and could make sure they are okay with the role you'd be giving them.

Also having JJJ and Siakam as your two bigs leaves no true center and a large rebounding hole. If you get Siakam for cheap enough that is worthing trying, but losing Bane hurts too much to gamble on that experiment IMO. Others may feel differently.

Yea I get all that, but you don't think Siakam, JJJ, OG, Ja is a heavily favored contender?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#32 » by VCfor3 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:13 am

Topofthekey wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:I didn't check. Is he?

Yea I get all that, but you don't think Siakam, JJJ, OG, Ja is a heavily favored contender?

Honestly I don't know if we would ever see a full year of all of them together which is my biggest problem with the trade. If we did it would only be a year or so and all it takes is one injury for it to go sideways. I definitely want to see how Ja and the team is doing once he is back before even considering an all-in move.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by esvl » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:50 pm

I believe we need someone to replace Adams/Clarke skills to make our offence almost unstoppable. What reasonably available options are out there?

Gafford
Capela
Carter
Richards
Vucevic
Poeltl
Drummond
?
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by esvl » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:55 pm

Given that Vince surprising raised into a legit 3&D starter, I would trade Smart for Carter Jr straight.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#35 » by VCfor3 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:56 am

Clarke said he expects to be back around the All-Star break. Also I'm not looking to move Smart until I get to see more of him. Having one of him or Vince on the court at all times would be great. Maybe even both of them with Des when Ja sits. I don't trust our other wings enough to be backup SF so I'd want Vince and Smart both on the roster.

If I was Jenkins, I'd start Ja/Bane/Smart/JJJ/Biz and have Vince come in for Smart as the first sub (fairly quickly too) so that Smart gets a little rest before coming in for Ja later. Smart starts but really is more like your 6th man. Depending on the matchup, you may even end the game with Ja/Bane/Vince/Smart/JJJ. We'd be super small but I think that lineup could do great for stretches against teams without a dominant big.

As for targeting a center, I'm game. Biz is a solid mid-season pickup but center is certainly a position that could use an upgrade. Clarke is an unknown. Adams won't be back this year. Salary matching for some of the guys will be a little tougher. Biz+Jake gets you Wiseman if you want to take a cheap flyer. Maybe Naz could shake loose from Minny this offseason when that tax bill hits. A few options have poison pills that make them tough to trade for in season. And if Adams comes back healthy he would be your center upgrade for next season.

I'd put assets in for Carter for sure but I doubt he shakes loose with Orlando playing well. Gafford is a good target with Washington struggling. Maybe Biz+Jake+incentive for him could work. Biz+Jake+2nd for Hartenstein from NYK as a one-year rental. I think I like cheap guys that we could get for spare salary the best right now. Buys some time to see what Clarke looks like when he comes back this season and keeps Adams around for next season. But if a real long term option presents itself I'd use some of our 1sts and whatever salary is needed to make it happen.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by esvl » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 pm

Naz is not a rim roller, he duplicates JJJ.
Hartenstein is unlikely available given Mitch is out for the season.
I like your view on the role of Smart.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by esvl » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:00 pm

psman2 wrote:.

Gafford
Capela
Carter
Richards
Rid
Vucevic
Poeltl
Drummond

??? your prediction?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,833

Post#38 » by psman2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:54 pm

esvl wrote:

Gafford
Capela
Carter
Richards
Rid
Vucevic
Poeltl
Drummond

??? your prediction?

I just don't think pouring assets into a center this year that won't be much in any of an upgrade over Adams next year is something we would do. Most of these guys are in the same tier of center or below Adams. Carter with his shooting is the only one that might be a tier above with the possibilities he opens up for our offense, but his D is average at best. But with his injury history I likely would not want to pay a ton for him and Orlando is likely a reluctant seller unless they like what they saw in Goga and decide to pivot.

Goga would have been a guy I target before the season, likely would have cost us only a couple lower 2nds, now not sure we can get him for that and not willing to pay much more for a ufa.

Poeltl-too limited on offense but decent passer, D is good but not great in space. Basically a younger Adams. Makes a decent amount of money too. I think I would pass but not a bad option and is slumping so far this year and made be available cheap enough.

Gaff- just really isn't that good but on a decent contract. He would help this season but he is not an improvement over Adams.

Richards - Again a guy that we should have tried to pry away before the season if we could. But he is really just a backup quality guy, slightly better than Biyombo but not really worth going in on. I would offer a few 2nds and Charlotte likely just holds.

Rid? Reid I am guessing. His D is weak overall, but he can shoot. I think he would be a good addition if we didn't already have Aldama, he doesn't bring enough on D to pay a lot for him and Minny won't let him go cheap enough.

Drummond - pass. Big numbers, little brain. Would have been fine desperation move before the season and Biyombo but not worth it know.

Capela - Good rebounder still, D has slipped to average though. If we would run more PNR with Ja then I like the target if the price is cheap. Kennard and LP #1 would be my offer, but really hate tying down our 1sts for a guy of his quality. Honestly not a much of an improvement over Adams.

Vuc- I cannot see him on the floor in the 4th due to his lack of D. Would act like a 6th man here. Kind of expensive for the role we would have for him. Kennard/Jake would be about all I would pay for him. But he cannot play with Adams so would really force our hand in trading Adams next season.

Prediction: None of the above is the easy choice since trades are unlikely but I like Goga still if we can get him cheap. Good on D and still might develop an outside shot. 2nd weirdly enough might be Vuc if we can get him as cheap as I think we can. He would really help our bench offense and JJJ can cover for him enough to get him 25 minutes. Clarke should be able to play with him too if he regains his form. Capela likely 3rd option, but again this is going to force us into a Adams trade in the offseason just like Vuc.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 173

Post#39 » by QMemphis » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:43 am

psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:

Gafford
Capela
Carter
Richards
Rid
Vucevic
Poeltl
Drummond

??? your prediction?

I just don't think pouring assets into a center this year that won't be much in any of an upgrade over Adams next year is something we would do. Most of these guys are in the same tier of center or below Adams. Carter with his shooting is the only one that might be a tier above with the possibilities he opens up for our offense, but his D is average at best. But with his injury history I likely would not want to pay a ton for him and Orlando is likely a reluctant seller unless they like what they saw in Goga and decide to pivot.

Goga would have been a guy I target before the season, likely would have cost us only a couple lower 2nds, now not sure we can get him for that and not willing to pay much more for a ufa.

Poeltl-too limited on offense but decent passer, D is good but not great in space. Basically a younger Adams. Makes a decent amount of money too. I think I would pass but not a bad option and is slumping so far this year and made be available cheap enough.

Gaff- just really isn't that good but on a decent contract. He would help this season but he is not an improvement over Adams.

Richards - Again a guy that we should have tried to pry away before the season if we could. But he is really just a backup quality guy, slightly better than Biyombo but not really worth going in on. I would offer a few 2nds and Charlotte likely just holds.

Rid? Reid I am guessing. His D is weak overall, but he can shoot. I think he would be a good addition if we didn't already have Aldama, he doesn't bring enough on D to pay a lot for him and Minny won't let him go cheap enough.

Drummond - pass. Big numbers, little brain. Would have been fine desperation move before the season and Biyombo but not worth it know.

Capela - Good rebounder still, D has slipped to average though. If we would run more PNR with Ja then I like the target if the price is cheap. Kennard and LP #1 would be my offer, but really hate tying down our 1sts for a guy of his quality. Honestly not a much of an improvement over Adams.

Vuc- I cannot see him on the floor in the 4th due to his lack of D. Would act like a 6th man here. Kind of expensive for the role we would have for him. Kennard/Jake would be about all I would pay for him. But he cannot play with Adams so would really force our hand in trading Adams next season.

Prediction: None of the above is the easy choice since trades are unlikely but I like Goga still if we can get him cheap. Good on D and still might develop an outside shot. 2nd weirdly enough might be Vuc if we can get him as cheap as I think we can. He would really help our bench offense and JJJ can cover for him enough to get him 25 minutes. Clarke should be able to play with him too if he regains his form. Capela likely 3rd option, but again this is going to force us into a Adams trade in the offseason just like Vuc.

Kennard and 2nds to Magic for WCJ

24 1st top 10 protection/Clarke/Ziaire/Jake for Kuzma

Ja/Des/Vince/JJJ/WCJ

Smart/Jitty/Santi/Kuzma/Biz

Rose/Nowell/Roddy/X/Stevo*

Ideally this is who I would start but I know that either Kuz or Smart would have to start. WCJ can play both 4 & 5 so he will be able to be our Portis (When Stevo returns) and Smart our Iggy.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by esvl » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:20 pm

QMemphis wrote: Kennard and 2nds to Magic for WCJ

24 1st top 10 protection/Clarke/Ziaire/Jake for Kuzma

Ja/Des/Vince/JJJ/WCJ

Smart/Jitty/Santi/Kuzma/Biz

Rose/Nowell/Roddy/X/Stevo*

Ideally this is who I would start but I know that either Kuz or Smart would have to start. WCJ can play both 4 & 5 so he will be able to be our Portis (When Stevo returns) and Smart our Iggy.

1. ZW should be untouchable as there is a good chance he will turn into a monster due to his size and athleticism.
2. Kuz? Really? Were his stats and role intentionally inflated? Aldama would lose his minutes.
3. Clarke is coming back in 1 month.
4. Where did u get this “free” price for WCJ?

Return to Memphis Grizzlies