Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:40 am

This thread will serve as the new thread for all Grizzlies trades as the previous one is now locked.
GGforever
Freshman
And1: 36

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by GGforever » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:12 pm

Magic fan here. What would it take for Memphis to consider trading Bane to the Magic without us giving Paolo or Franz?
We have two projected top 11 picks this draft, all future picks are owned as well as Denver’s 2025 first round pick. Players of worth would be Suggs, Cole, Wendell Carter, Bol
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#3 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:26 pm

GGforever wrote:Magic fan here. What would it take for Memphis to consider trading Bane to the Magic without us giving Paolo or Franz?
We have two projected top 11 picks this draft, all future picks are owned as well as Denver’s 2025 first round pick. Players of worth would be Suggs, Cole, Wendell Carter, Bol

I don't think any of Suggs, Cole, Wendell Carter, Bol would have a lot of value here and would not be weighed much in a Bane trade. And since we are win now the two LP picks wouldn't be the direction we would choose to go. If we are moving Bane it is likely for a win now player that is better than him (I think he is a top 30-40 player as of right now) with us adding assets as needed.

So if no Frans then very likely no Bane unless a bigger trade comes along where we need those LPs+ instead of Bane. I doubt that opportunity materializes before the draft.
psman2
General Manager

Post#4 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:52 pm

As of right now Memphis has a few avenues to improve its roster next year. I think maybe exploring what we could get with a Dillon Brooks SNT should be entertained. Even with this rough series I do think teams would still be in the market for him. I think Memphis and Brooks just need a divorce and go their separate ways. By SNTing Brooks will keep all of our exceptions available.

So lets come up with some Brooks SNT options. Doesn't have to be a SF coming back but we will need to use our other exceptions (MLE, BAE, DPE) or another trade to land a SF.

Option One: A double SNT of LeVert for Brooks. Cle really needs a SF and we clearly need a offensive 6th man.

Option Two: ? Whatcha u got?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:27 pm

psman2 wrote:
GGforever wrote:Magic fan here. What would it take for Memphis to consider trading Bane to the Magic without us giving Paolo or Franz?

I don't think any of Suggs, Cole, Wendell Carter, Bol would have a lot of value here and would not be weighed much in a Bane trade. And since we are win now the two LP picks wouldn't be the direction we would choose to go. If we are moving Bane it is likely for a win now player that is better than him (I think he is a top 30-40 player as of right now) with us adding assets as needed.

So if no Frans then very likely no Bane unless a bigger trade comes along where we need those LPs+ instead of Bane. I doubt that opportunity materializes before the draft.

Agreed with psman. Memphis is win now so won't move core guys unless it is for an upgrade. If you want to offer a rebuilding package you will have to find another team to get involved that can send us a player worth moving Bane for.
GGforever
Freshman
And1: 36

Post#6 » by GGforever » Mon May 1, 2023 4:13 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

Agreed with psman. Memphis is win now so won't move core guys unless it is for an upgrade. If you want to offer a rebuilding package you will have to find another team to get involved that can send us a player worth moving Bane for.

Yea that makes total sense. Would have to be a 3 team trade for it to work for you guys.
psman2
General Manager

Post#7 » by psman2 » Tue May 2, 2023 5:39 pm

So how about those Brooks SNT offers????
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by VCfor3 » Wed May 3, 2023 1:43 am

psman2 wrote:So how about those Brooks SNT offers????

After this playoff run, he's little more than salary fodder unfortunately. Sucks because he is actually an excellent perimeter defender who, if he gets the right coach/team, could reign his offense back in to become a highly productive player again.

I think Bridges and Brown are our first calls. If either team is even listening to offers then we throw the whole warchest at them. If they say no then we pivot to OG if his price is mildly reasonable. I think a good vet who could help the bench unit would be next in the pecking order. Matching salary hurts, but this is the area I could see DeRozan falling if his price is cheap enough. He won't help the spacing, but he would provide shot creation when Ja is getting doubled and could be the main scoring option when Ja is off the floor. If you go this route you try to keep your picks intact moving forward so that you can still make a large offer if someone becomes available later. Going for DFS or another cheap but solid role player I have in the same tier of likelihood as the vet route.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 26, 2023 12:38 pm

Could Embiid and JJJ share the floor together in high leverage moments?

Read on Twitter
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#10 » by jefe » Sat May 27, 2023 2:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Could Embiid and JJJ share the floor together in high leverage moments?

Read on Twitter

I think that they definitely could. A Ja for Embiid swap? I hadn't ever really considered that - I bet Philly declines it, but I would consider it if I were Kleiman.

Tyus/Bane/Kennard/JJJ/Embiid - you can package Adams, a young guy and/or draft capital to try and upgrade the starting 3 spot, or just roll as is. If he has JJJ and Embiid behind him, who cares if Kennard can't guard a traffic cone?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#11 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 27, 2023 4:44 pm

jefe wrote:A Ja for Embiid swap? I hadn't ever really considered that - I bet Philly declines it, but I would consider it if I were Kleiman.

Tyus/Bane/Kennard/JJJ/Embiid - you can package Adams, a young guy and/or draft capital to try and upgrade the starting 3 spot, or just roll as is. If he has JJJ and Embiid behind him, who cares if Kennard can't guard a traffic cone?

Now we're talking.

You'd just need to acquire a top perimeter scorer off the bench, like Bogdan Bogdanovic or Jordan Clarkson and that's suddenly a really tough team to stop in the West.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#12 » by VCfor3 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jefe wrote:A Ja for Embiid swap? I hadn't ever really considered that - I bet Philly declines it, but I would consider it if I were Kleiman.

Now we're talking.

You'd just need to acquire a top perimeter scorer off the bench, like Bogdan Bogdanovic or Jordan Clarkson and that's suddenly a really tough team to stop in the West.

Maybe we try to use a couple picks and chase OG again though with the new salary rules it may be tough to pay him his next contract. Then add someone like you said as a bench gunner to help round out the team.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,301

Post#13 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 28, 2023 10:02 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Now we're talking.

Maybe we try to use a couple picks and chase OG again though with the new salary rules it may be tough to pay him his next contract. Then add someone like you said as a bench gunner to help round out the team.

that wont get it done :P DFS is more realistic if you need a 5th option 3/D wing
psman2
General Manager

Post#14 » by psman2 » Sun May 28, 2023 10:16 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Now we're talking.

that wont get it done :P DFS is more realistic if you need a 5th option 3/D wing

I think the trade is getting a SNT for Brooks to a 3rd team and the best of the Mem/GS 2024 1st to Brooklyn for DFS. Brooklyn saves money and would prefer a pick in 2024 versus another in 2023. Will likely have to get another smaller wing that can chase around 1-3 better with the MLE, like maybe a Thybulle. Will have to ship off one of young players to make the roster spot and need to trade our 1st this year for a future 1st. Just not sure who we look to move, before the playoffs I would have said Tillman but not now.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,301

Post#15 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 29, 2023 12:30 am

psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Maybe we try to use a couple picks and chase OG again though with the new salary rules it may be tough to pay him his next contract. Then add someone like you said as a bench gunner to help round out the team.

I think the trade is getting a SNT for Brooks to a 3rd team and the best of the Mem/GS 2024 1st to Brooklyn for DFS. Brooklyn saves money and would prefer a pick in 2024 versus another in 2023. Will likely have to get another smaller wing that can chase around 1-3 better with the MLE, like maybe a Thybulle. Will have to ship off one of young players to make the roster spot and need to trade our 1st this year for a future 1st. Just not sure who we look to move, before the playoffs I would have said Tillman but not now.

if you guys were aiming for a larger fish which filler contract(s) would you trade out of Adams/Kennard/Jones?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#16 » by VCfor3 » Mon May 29, 2023 1:07 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

if you guys were aiming for a larger fish which filler contract(s) would you trade out of Adams/Kennard/Jones?

I'm guessing Tyus as he would be seen as an asset. That depends a little on the Ja stuff, but I still think he is the most expendable of the three while also having maybe the most value.
psman2
General Manager

Post#17 » by psman2 » Mon May 29, 2023 1:08 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I think Kennard, Jones is far from filler in our eyes and likely will have the biggest role with us. Adams should be back in his 20-25 minute role next year and be a strong vet influence and regular season performer.

Would love to keep Kennard but the lose of Brooks is going to make it even harder for him to see the floor unless we find another very capable defender to replace Brooks.

Now for the right guy none of these guys we will hesitate to trade, but each are right now likely part of our 7 man rotation and will create a hole if traded, depending on what is coming back.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,979

Post#18 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:24 pm

I would like to see Derrik Rose return to Memphis and take on a mentor-ish role. I think he could really help Ja out.

He's done a great job in the Knicks locker room.

I think Memphis needs more level -headed veterans.

The deadline for the Knicks to re-sign Rose is this Saturday (June 24th).
Free Palestine
psman2
General Manager

Post#19 » by psman2 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:52 am

Stannis wrote:I would like to see Derrik Rose return to Memphis and take on a mentor-ish role. I think he could really help Ja out.

He's done a great job in the Knicks locker room.

I think Memphis needs more level -headed veterans.

The deadline for the Knicks to re-sign Rose is this Saturday (June 24th).

We have zero roster spots for guy like Rose. We would have to make some major moves to opening up roster spots before we got to the point of wasting one on Rose.

And after watching a lot of the rape case with Rose years ago, he might not be a rapist but not a good guy either. NY or Chicago can keep him.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#20 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:31 am

So... ideas for a wing?

Return to Memphis Grizzlies