Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Marcus Smart Interview As New Grizzly 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 3:10 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marcus-smart-said-joining-memphis-235037719.html

LAS VEGAS — Memphis Grizzlies general manager Zach Kleiman sat on one side, and coach Taylor Jenkins sat on the other. Between them was Marcus Smart, an offseason trade acquisition who Kleiman hopes will bring the Grizzlies closer to achieving the first championship in franchise history.

The energy was infectious as Smart was introduced by the Grizzlies on Friday afternoon. The former Boston Celtics guard sounded excited to reach this new chapter of his career, and so were the Grizzlies.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 386

Re: Marcus Smart Interview As New Grizzly 

Post#2 » by esvl » Sat Jul 8, 2023 3:42 am

I am equally excited Marcus.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:48 am

I've come around a lot more on this trade now that the sticker shock has worn off. I think we only got the deal done because of the overpay and anything less wouldn't have worked for Boston. Smart as a Brooks upgrade plus some tough vet love is exciting.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by esvl » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:49 am

VCfor3 wrote:I've come around a lot more on this trade now that the sticker shock has worn off. I think we only got the deal done because of the overpay and anything less wouldn't have worked for Boston. Smart as a Brooks upgrade plus some tough vet love is exciting.

I concur with everything except overpayment. Smart would be a nice addition to many teams should his price be one, not two, 1st. Memphis paid the second 1st to get him which seems fair in my humble view.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,575

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:33 am

Even without that star PG, you guys have a chance to be really good:

Read on Twitter
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by esvl » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:03 am

Can’t wait indeed
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:24 pm

Gotta stay healthy, but we have a great crew to move forward with. Santi is looking like he may be the extra guy we need to round out our shortened playoff rotation.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by esvl » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:22 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Gotta stay healthy, but we have a great crew to move forward with. Santi is looking like he may be the extra guy we need to round out our shortened playoff rotation.

Wait for LaRavia. He showed some good flashes in the Summer league.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#9 » by vanjulio » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:46 am

WHere was Santi in the playoffs against the Lakers ? His numbers were decent now that I checked but if he is that guy then where was he? We didn't have Steven Adams. I don't think we lost because Adlama and Tillman were the weak link but we had the worst case performance possible last year in the playoffs. I look at each individual very carefully now and ask, "Are you going to do what it takes to put this team on your back and overcome the enemy? Are you ready for war? " I dont' see that warrior mentality yet. We need monsters not players. We need him to be ready to explode when called and put this team through past FAKERS and Golden State Wussies. Phoenix I wont even entertain them as an opponent. But if he isn't ready to run through them next year we could end up losing to someone inferior like the Sun-setters or the TimberPuppies.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 1:59 am

vanjulio wrote:WHere was Santi in the playoffs against the Lakers ? His numbers were decent now that I checked but if he is that guy then where was he? We didn't have Steven Adams. I don't think we lost because Adlama and Tillman were the weak link but we had the worst case performance possible last year in the playoffs. I look at each individual very carefully now and ask, "Are you going to do what it takes to put this team on your back and overcome the enemy? Are you ready for war? " I dont' see that warrior mentality yet. We need monsters not players. We need him to be ready to explode when called and put this team through past FAKERS and Golden State Wussies. Phoenix I wont even entertain them as an opponent. But if he isn't ready to run through them next year we could end up losing to someone inferior like the Sun-setters or the TimberPuppies.

I'm glad you said that part. When the playoffs start, players have to understand with more experience they earn and understand, they do need to ask the following questions. How bad do you want it? Are you willing to go through hell to earn those accolades? Are you mature enough to understand what it means to work your way towards becoming a champion? We as fans will notice these moments once these players hit the floor. That's when we can distinguished who really wants it bad versus those who lack the fortitude to go after the big one.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by esvl » Sat Sep 2, 2023 4:01 am

Guys easy. Santi is still a kid.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies