Thoughts?
Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,574

Re: 23-24 Schedule Released 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:42 pm

There's a stretch from 3/18 to 4/3 with 1 Home Game and 7 Road Games.

That could be catastrophic if Grizz are desperately trying to win games to secure Homecourt or avoid the play-in at season's end.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,574

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:47 pm

Games to highlight:

Dillon Brooks returns to Memphis: Houston Rockets at Memphis Grizzlies, Dec. 15 (8 p.m.)

Remember when Shams reported the Grizzlies wouldn’t bring back Brooks under any circumstances? It was one of the funniest pieces of breaking NBA news we’ve ever seen. Well, now Brooks is back with his new team, along with a massive bank account increase via his new deal. He’ll hope to show Memphis that it messed up by letting him go. The Grizzlies will likely let him shoot as much as he wants to achieve that goal.

Marcus Smart returns to Boston: Memphis Grizzlies at Boston Celtics, Feb. 4 (6 p.m., ESPN)

The Celtics are going to welcome home one of their favorite role players ever. Smart helped them to multiple conference finals appearances and a spot in the 2022 NBA Finals, and he earned a bunch of defensive accolades – most notably the 2022 Defensive Player of the Year – and whatever the Hustle Award is. The love-fest will be moving for Smart and everybody who cheers for him. I bet he has green hair for it.

Memphis Grizzlies at Minnesota Timberwolves, Jan. 16 (10 p.m., TNT)

I don’t know if this counts as a rivalry, but I’m here for any and all Anthony Edwards matchups. When Ja Morant is back on the court, this showdown offers up two of the most exciting and dynamic offensive players the game has to offer. The Grizzlies have an awesome, solid supporting cast behind their star, while the Wolves have a weird fit with some high money big men. Both teams still want to prove themselves, and they had a contentious playoff series two postseasons ago.
The Athletic
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#4 » by jefe » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:45 am

I don't think the league did us too many favors in the first 25 with Ja out; however, I think JJJ and Bane will be able to keep us afloat. I'm expecting a big year out of JJJ after his Team USA experience, and Bane doesn't strike me as the type to get his big contract and then quit working to improve his game.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies