Game 14: MEM vs HOU

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Game 14: MEM vs HOU 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:28 pm

Brooks going 0-5 from deep makes sense, but we got crushed in the second half. Bane may have hurt his ankle as well. I think it is time to give Vince a chance given how bad Ziaire has played in all but the Spurs game lately.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Re: Game 14: MEM vs HOU 

Post#2 » by esvl » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:03 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Brooks going 0-5 from deep makes sense, but we got crushed in the second half. Bane may have hurt his ankle as well. I think it is time to give Vince a chance given how bad Ziaire has played in all but the Spurs game lately.

Brooks’ team win, Bane’s team lose. There is something beyond shooting stats that matter. Apparently, not to Griz fans. They cannot be saved.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:35 pm

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Brooks going 0-5 from deep makes sense, but we got crushed in the second half. Bane may have hurt his ankle as well. I think it is time to give Vince a chance given how bad Ziaire has played in all but the Spurs game lately.

Brooks’ team win, Bane’s team lose. There is something beyond shooting stats that matter. Apparently, not to Griz fans. They cannot be saved.

If Brooks' team was missing as many guys as Bane's team, he wouldn't be winning either. We are down 3 starters, 5 of our top 7-8 guys, and 6 of our top 9 guys. It sucks, but it is what it is. Swap Bane and Brooks and we lose by even more. Our young guys aren't cutting it and no one outside of Bane and JJJ hit double digit points last night until Ziaire got 5pts in garbage time. If Bane misses any time as well then we really will be in a bad spot.

I only noted Brooks' stats because it was our first time facing him since he left and he has been shooting almost 50% from deep on the season before last night. He's done a much better job of accepting his role in Houston which is why I've said for a while that he would do so much better on his next team.
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 62

Post#4 » by RingoKid » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:45 pm

Udoka is a better coach than Jenkins. That's where it starts !

If Grizz had Udoka and Houston had Jenkins he'd have coached them to a loss also.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies