ImageImage

Whatever happened to Ja Morant ?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Whatever happened to Ja Morant ? 

Post#1 » by RingoKid » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:53 pm

Such a spectacular fall from grace due to hubris, crappy mates, a loudmouth father, too much money and not enough mentoring.

The Grizz org and head coach should have nipped that attitude in the bud when it first started to appear, like popping an unsightly zit on the tip of your nose.

They let it fester and infect the team, the vibe and the results speak for themselves. Thug life is for those who don't have a choice. Morant could have chosen otherwise.

Now Temetrius Jamel Morant is an afterthought. Injured, forgotten, sidelined while a contemporary shows what might have been...

https://andscape.com/features/shai-gilgeous-alexander-is-more-than-an-all-star-starter-for-the-oklahoma-city-thunder/

Next season he'll return, along with Steven Funaki Adams - his on court protector - to try and recapture the lighting-in-a-bottle that was nxt gen grz.

They'll be doing the same things with the same coach so I'll be expecting the same results. A high seeding based on talent alone but an early playoff exit due to sub par coaching.

It didn't have to be this way but then again it was the only way it could have been. Once choices are made and the chain reaction of cause and effect takes over there is a certain inevitability to the result.

Choosing to move past the identity Morant and Jenkins forged for the Grizz probably means moving on from one or both.

I'd like to see Morant stay and redeem himself in the eyes of the fans and city that supports him. As for Jenkins, I've made my postion clear from the outset of this season.

His lack of post season results speak for themselves. There's no reason to think that will ever change. Not with the roster Memphis has or the vibe hanging around Morant like toxic radiation.

Not even Steven Adams can restore what was to its former glory. There's no guarantee he'll even be who he was two seasons ago.

Oh well... moving right along. Nothing to see here.
RingoKid
Junior

Re: Whatever happened to Ja Morant ? 

Post#2 » by RingoKid » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:08 am

Y'all might have to get used to the idea that Morant's best Grizz years are behind him.

He's a high flying injury away from being Derrick Rose 2.0 without ever having won MVP though.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 175

Post#3 » by QMemphis » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:24 pm

What are you talking about. This season though a disappointment has provided multiple silver linings with player development. Ja is traveling with team is highly engaged on the sideline. The Grizz if healthy next year will be a top 3 seed and really battle tested so I’m not worried.
RingoKid
Junior

Post#4 » by RingoKid » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:13 pm

QMemphis wrote:What are you talking about. This season though a disappointment has provided multiple silver linings with player development. Ja is traveling with team is highly engaged on the sideline. The Grizz if healthy next year will be a top 3 seed and really battle tested so I’m not worried.

A constant turnover of 10day signings to find some serviceable bench warmers isn't battle testing.

It's throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Morant just sacked his agent, is still traveling with his wannabe thug crew and i feel has one foot out the door already.

I reckon he'll end up injured in NOLA with Zion before next season ends as Memphis will struggle to make the play in and Coach Jenkins will throw everyone under the bus.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 175

Post#5 » by QMemphis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:08 am

RingoKid wrote:
QMemphis wrote:What are you talking about. This season though a disappointment has provided multiple silver linings with player development. Ja is traveling with team is highly engaged on the sideline. The Grizz if healthy next year will be a top 3 seed and really battle tested so I’m not worried.

A constant turnover of 10day signings to find some serviceable bench warmers isn't battle testing.

Morant just sacked his agent, is still traveling with his wannabe thug crew and i feel has one foot out the door already.

I reckon he'll end up injured in NOLA with Zion before next season ends as Memphis will struggle to make the play in and Coach Jenkins will throw everyone under the bus.

Lol dude we tanking and have been trying to break the record for most players played to fit the narrative. Also we rewarded a good amount of our GLeague guys which will only increase but in to our development pipeline.

Ja fired his agent who Des also has. lol soooo.

Ja has the same team I suggest you watch a few of his episodes on YouTube to get a better understanding of who he is and the people on his team.
RingoKid
Junior

Post#6 » by RingoKid » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:41 am

QMemphis wrote:
RingoKid wrote:

Lol dude we tanking and have been trying to break the record for most players played to fit the narrative. Also we rewarded a good amount of our GLeague guys which will only increase but in to our development pipeline.

Ja fired his agent who Des also has. lol soooo.

Ja has the same team I suggest you watch a few of his episodes on YouTube to get a better understanding of who he is and the people on his team.

Grizz was 2 seed 2 years running with an identity based around the work of Adams and Brooks. Morant was the cherry on top.

Memphis should have been competing for years with that core. Now its gutted, the muppet coach who failed in the playoffs is still there and you're talking tanking and development.

I dont know that Smart, Bane, Morant and Jackson jr want to play for a developmental team with the crappiest coach in the league.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies