Gilly out, Goodwin in

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Gilly out, Goodwin in 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:02 am

Looks like we are waiving Jacob Gilyard due to him being out of eligible games and signing Jordan Goodwin to a two-way instead. I get it, but I liked having Gilly as a 3rd string PG (though I guess Pippen Jr has that role now). Hope he catches on somewhere.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274803/Grizzlies-Signing-Jordan-Goodwin-Two-Way-Contract;-Waiving-Jacob-Gilyardhttps://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274803/Grizzlies-Signing-Jordan-Goodwin-Two-Way-Contract;-Waiving-Jacob-Gilyard
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Re: Gilly out, Goodwin in 

Post#2 » by Headliner » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:37 pm

What’s the plan with Goodwin, asking for Fantasy purposes. Do you think he stays rest of season, and if so is he going to be in the rotation or is DNPs like last game?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:59 pm

Headliner wrote:What’s the plan with Goodwin, asking for Fantasy purposes. Do you think he stays rest of season, and if so is he going to be in the rotation or is DNPs like last game?

I honestly have no idea how much he will play. If people get injured, he'll play. If we stay somewhat healthy he may get DNPs. The deadline for two-way deals was coming up and Gilly is out of eligible games so Goodwin fells more like emergency depth.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,832

Post#4 » by psman2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Headliner wrote:What’s the plan with Goodwin, asking for Fantasy purposes. Do you think he stays rest of season, and if so is he going to be in the rotation or is DNPs like last game?

I think he will get good minutes most games. But I believe the 2 way game limit is pro rated and there is almost no chance we would convert him to a regular contract. So he is subject to miss some games. That is why Gilyard was getting games off and the same with Pippen.

So for Fantasy it would be a tough roster, I think only in 14t+ leagues he is worth it.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies