ImageImage

Trade MEM/POR

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Trade MEM/POR 

Post#1 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Dec 9, 2008 11:00 pm

Let´s trade for Sergio Rodriguez. If given time, this guy will average at least 7-8 apg, while knocking down some 3s with a good rate. And he´s reportedly unhappy in Portland. Don´t know much about his defense, but should be so-so. The perfect fit to Grizzlies IMO.

How about this

Mike Conley for Rodriguez + Frye + rights of Joel Freeland + 2nd round pick

would be enough?

we´re ready to let Conley walk or still there´s hope that he´ll develop into a #4 pick?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Re: Trade MEM/POR 

Post#2 » by Downtown » Tue Dec 9, 2008 11:49 pm

Being in the Pacific Northwest I get to watch alot of Portland games. Channing Frye is as soft a power forward as I've ever seen. He has a nice offensive touch but he has zero toughness to him. He's a poor man's Charlie Villineuva, which isn't meant to be kind. Frye wouldn't be any use on Memphis. They need the Anti-Frye.

And while Sergio Rodriquez is a decent player I don't think I would trade Conley for him straight up. If the Grizzlies even consider trading Conley it would have to be in some sort of bigger package to bring back a higher end floor leader that will compliment Mayo for years to come. And with Blake, Bayless, and Jack already at the point I don't see why Portland makes a play for Conley. Now if you could get Bayless for Conley then I'd do it.

That's why I don't consider Memphis and Portland good trading partners.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Re: Trade MEM/POR 

Post#3 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:16 am

Toughness aside, Darko and Frye´s game compliment each other. And the Frye is also an expiring.

Bayless is a shot-first PG. Don´t think he would mesh well with Mayo. I think the FO need to put Mayo with a PG like Jose Calderon, and I see some of the Calderon´s strengths in Rodriguez.

And there´s the rights of Freeland, who´s putting nice number in Spain.

*sorry my english
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today

Return to Memphis Grizzlies